Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

At least real Navy Seals look like they could bench the bar lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Marenghi posted:

This is the push-back against more people becoming aware of Israel killing their own hostages. I've actually been fairly surprised by how many normal people I've met who've mentioned Israel killing their own on 7/10. It's not like it's a conspiracy either, Israeli news sources have reported as much.

Israeli families worked to stop the demolition of their homes which were hit by IOF tank shells, to prevent the destruction of evidence before an investigation into 7/10 can take place.

It's pretty funny how frequently Israeli spokesmen have put out statements that are only not horrifying if you think palestinians aren't human, and then trying to backtrack when they realize most people don't think like that. And then they keep doing it.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
LOL @ 2 videos down

https://twitter.com/FrumTikTok/status/1749123570830098616

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

:discourse:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pookah posted:

I wonder if the IDF/Israeli government constantly pumping out a solid stream of fabrications, misrepresentations and exaggerations since Oct. 7th has had any effect on public trust in the 'official' reports of what happened that day?

:thunk: :thunk: :thunk:

and then getting the U.S. president, for which his own voter base doesn't even want as president and never did, to repeat those lies, did not help with international support.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

FrumTikTok

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Just saw this from last weekend's march in Dublin - a speech by the lifelong hero, and champion for civil rights, Bernadette Devlin-McAliskey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYGz32OAGto

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/moodys-planning-to-downgrade-israels-credit-rating-due-to-war-report/

"Moody's planning to downgrade Israel's credit rating due to war"

quote:

The US ratings agency Moody’s is planning to downgrade Israel’s credit rating due to the war with Hamas, the Ynet news site reports.

Ynet says it has learned the ratings agency plans to take the step soon, but did not cite sources.

In October, Moody’s announced that it had put the Israeli government’s A1 credit ratings on review for downgrade, citing the “unexpected and violent conflict between Israel and Hamas.”

The severity of the conflict, sparked by the deadly shock assault by Hamas on southern Israel on October 7, “raises the possibility of longer lasting and material credit impact,” Moody’s said at the time.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
Hamas managing to hit Israel where it really hurts, their credit rating.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

lol pepe the frog... how about a sonnenrad?

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

fosborb posted:

they're children in highschool cosplaying

Yeah we already know their IOF

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

It’s funny but unfortunately moody’s ratings for sovereign state debt are completely meaningless

Meadowhill
Jan 5, 2015
You know I wonder why Israel hasn't yet claimed that building in Gaza are collapsing because of Khamas tunnels decaying foundations and not because of Israeli munitions. The modern Khamas tunnels can melt steel beams argument.

Facehammer
Mar 11, 2008

Hahahahahahhaaaaaaa

This lady had the absolute brass clanking bollocks to go into the LateStageCapitalism mod mail and try to ask for a comment.

gently caress you, bitch.

Death to Israel

Death to America

:d2a:

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1748810941104296116?s=20

we need Trump back in the white house just to be rid of these smarmy little marveltwerps

"NNno?"

Their replacement would either say the same thing, but lazier, or just go off on a tangent about pretty much nothing at all.

But the whole "at war" thing hardly matters anymore given the US is directly involved/deployed in like, seven different conflicts right now. Declaring or admitting war pretty much doesn't happen anymore.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

The Internet Makes you Hamas

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

oh it's written by Elizabeth Dwoskin - Electronic Intifada & the Grayzone had received a mail from her to comment in preparation of a hatchet job piece of research journalism.
EI & Grayzone, uh, didn't take it very well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDhngOSTgFU

e: re-listening to it this dwoskin article was probably the same being planned lol

double nine has issued a correction as of 21:28 on Jan 21, 2024

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pretty much all of the misinformation I have personally seen, has come directly from the Israeli military and government, and is just being repeated without question by major news sources, and then repeated by common people who don't know better.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

They're flying US planes and are trained by US advisors. Unless you think Americans are simply racially superior, there's going to be no appreciable difference between a Saudi and American pilot flown bombing campaign.

Oh I did not know the Pavia Tornado, their primary ground attack aircraft, was American made. I was under the impression it was European. Their other ground attack planes are the Typhoon (also European) and the F-15, both designed as air superiority fighters.

It is not about some biotruths crap but simply that an airforce of 20,000 people (USA's Marine air wing is 35,000) that is functionally reliant on multiple outside countries including the British (lol) is unlikely to be as good as either of America's big two airforces (330k & 100k + reserves) with their long and active history and the institutional knowledge that imparts. Being trained by some foreigners selling you training as a service is an inferior libish method.

Beyond just size and training, American forces possess significant technological advantages, especially in the field of surveillance of all kinds.

Here is a list of aviation losses in the foreign intervention component of the Yemeni civil war. You can look through these and decide for yourself if America is likely to suffer the same sort of losses of jet aircraft.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aviation_shootdowns_and_accidents_during_the_Saudi_Arabian%E2%80%93led_intervention_in_Yemen

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

I said come in! posted:

Pretty much all of the misinformation I have personally seen, has come directly from the Israeli military and government, and is just being repeated without question by major news sources, and then repeated by common people who don't know better.

yeah i accidentally clicked on hasan on twitch instead of a half naked lady in a cold blow up paddling pool, and he was reviewing an MSNBC report where the reporter just started talking about how all the dead hostages in gaza had been shot, definitely NOT killed by bombing, zero hedging

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Weka posted:

Oh I did not know the Pavia Tornado, their primary ground attack aircraft, was American made. I was under the impression it was European. Their other ground attack planes are the Typhoon (also European) and the F-15, both designed as air superiority fighters.

tornado is definitely European manufacture and was from an old UK deal. Dk what US avionics may be on-board though

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Tornado was a joint Italian-German-Brit venture, like Eurofighter.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4JXrEfiUK8

Apparently TYT employees like the most vile Zionist ghouls now? I guess they are going full MSNBC for Biden's reelection?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Possibly a flying warcrime, if you think about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgkOlBYyQD0

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Weka posted:

It is not about some biotruths crap but simply that an airforce of 20,000 people (USA's Marine air wing is 35,000) that is functionally reliant on multiple outside countries including the British (lol) is unlikely to be as good as either of America's big two airforces (330k & 100k + reserves) with their long and active history and the institutional knowledge that imparts. Being trained by some foreigners selling you training as a service is an inferior libish method.

Beyond just size and training, American forces possess significant technological advantages, especially in the field of surveillance of all kinds.

Here is a list of aviation losses in the foreign intervention component of the Yemeni civil war. You can look through these and decide for yourself if America is likely to suffer the same sort of losses of jet aircraft.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aviation_shootdowns_and_accidents_during_the_Saudi_Arabian%E2%80%93led_intervention_in_Yemen

The answer is they probably would if they had to go into a position where Yemen air defenses could touch them. At the moment, it seems like they are mostly slinging in longer range air to ground missiles along with Tomahawks in and the amount of damage they are doing doesn’t seem that substantial.

That said, if they actually tried to do tactical bombing or heavy use of JDAMs it could get ugly.

It is also why the USAF doesn’t want to get into an actual fight with a peer, a near peer, or at a certain point anyone with working SAMs.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
After Netanyahu departed, Trump asked his advisers, “What the hell was that?”

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

most people aren’t even aware that the invasion of Afghanistan required the cooperation of all neighboring countries except China & Iran. the only place the US could stage a ground operation is through the port of Aden, and that would mean validating the secessionists in the STC. otherwise there’d have to be an amphibious operation in Hodeidah, where the locals would refuse to cooperate in staging American forces.

we basically can’t do anything without our patronage network, and both of our clients who could make a decisive difference already fought Ansar Allah, lost, and don’t want their oil infrastructure hosed with again.

I don't think the STC would be particularly validated by this, more likely just pushed aside. In any case, they are already 3/8 of the current internationally recognized government.
Yemen has a number of ports along its southern coast, sure they are nothing like Aden but I don't see why troops can't just land a little slower. In particular, the port of Nishtun is in the far east of the country outside the area controlled by the STC if that is actually an issue. Landing troops so far east would also give them something like a rear staging area, although at only 800 km from Sana'a it is still in range of lawnmowers.

I don't think a ground invasion is likely but this administration has consistently made stupider than usual decisions so I am really unsure how it will proceed. The mad moronic dog theory of international relations.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

4d3d3d posted:

They're training against getting pulled into the sea, which is where they know they belong

Shlomo Fishman :thunk:

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
I really doubt the US is going to be invading anything if they can only keep a single flat-top in the area.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Ardennes posted:

The answer is they probably would if they had to go into a position where Yemen air defenses could touch them. At the moment, it seems like they are mostly slinging in longer range air to ground missiles along with Tomahawks in and the amount of damage they are doing doesn’t seem that substantial.

That said, if they actually tried to do tactical bombing or heavy use of JDAMs it could get ugly.

It is also why the USAF doesn’t want to get into an actual fight with a peer, a near peer, or at a certain point anyone with working SAMs.

Most of the jets shot down seem to have been at fairly low altitude, do you think America will be flying this low? I am expecting just a broader bombing campaign so no need for CAS. That said, Ansar Allah's SAM capability seems to be better now.

guidoanselmi posted:

tornado is definitely European manufacture and was from an old UK deal. Dk what US avionics may be on-board though

Yeah sorry I was being a facetious twat

a god damn idiot
Sep 7, 2006

Weka posted:

I don't think the STC would be particularly validated by this, more likely just pushed aside. In any case, they are already 3/8 of the current internationally recognized government.
Yemen has a number of ports along its southern coast, sure they are nothing like Aden but I don't see why troops can't just land a little slower. In particular, the port of Nishtun is in the far east of the country outside the area controlled by the STC if that is actually an issue. Landing troops so far east would also give them something like a rear staging area, although at only 800 km from Sana'a it is still in range of lawnmowers.

I don't think a ground invasion is likely but this administration has consistently made stupider than usual decisions so I am really unsure how it will proceed. The mad moronic dog theory of international relations.

The problem is that they have a real problem they need to solve and are unwilling to solve it through diplomacy/policy. That means the military options have to escalate as they will be pushed into doing something. The only thing that is off the table right now is inaction.

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS

Weka posted:

Most of the jets shot down seem to have been at fairly low altitude, do you think America will be flying this low?

negative thinking yields negative results.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Sancho Banana posted:

Ben Gvir was rejected by the IDF due to the Kahanist activism he did as a teenager. He went on a hunger strike to protest until they change their minds, but they wouldn't budge.

well, he says that he did.

leave it to a disphit like Bibi to take a guy that was deemed to much of a dangerous nut to give him a gun, and give him a position in the government where he's handing out guns to other nuts

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Weka posted:

Most of the jets shot down seem to have been at fairly low altitude, do you think America will be flying this low? I am expecting just a broader bombing campaign so no need for CAS. That said, Ansar Allah's SAM capability seems to be better now.

Yeah sorry I was being a facetious twat

The Houthis have two stage anti-air missiles which is going to be enough to dissuade tactical bombing. You can’t fly that high if you want any hope of hitting a target otherwise it is longer range strikes until the stockpiles run low.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

mcmagic posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4JXrEfiUK8

Apparently TYT employees like the most vile Zionist ghouls now? I guess they are going full MSNBC for Biden's reelection?

lol it was always funny that Cenk and Ana Kasparian were the main hosts, considering he has always denied the Armenian genocide, to the point of writing some paper about it in college.

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks
why can't Iran send AA some AA?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

carcinofuck posted:

Although Iran is behind every bad thing to ever happen to the US in the MENA, they are remarkably good at escalation management and not presenting the US with casus belli on a silver platter.

Also, pretty much every state actor wants capable AA systems as tightly controlled as possible, because if they can engage an attack jet they can also engage an airliner.

e: In the Middle East specifically, the Cypriot and Lebanese armies aren't even allowed to have capable AA systems because it would destabilize the region, the response to the Houthis getting them would be much more intense.

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks

Frosted Flake posted:

Although Iran is behind every bad thing to ever happen to the US in the MENA, they are remarkably good at escalation management and not presenting the US with casus belli on a silver platter.

Also, pretty much every state actor wants capable AA systems as tightly controlled as possible, because if they can engage an attack jet they can also engage an airliner.

e: In the Middle East specifically, the Cypriot and Lebanese armies aren't even allowed to have capable AA systems because it would destabilize the region, the response to the Houthis getting them would be much more intense.
what part of mere *clap* anarchy *clap* do you not understand??

PS what does AA entail in terms of uh, resources/capabilities? Like, if some no-AA having noobs were to obtain AA from their friend KJU, they would need...
1. the equipment, which is, what? like does anything a military force might already have overlap/interact with a newfound AA capability?
2. training (extensive?) how much of it would still be a skill issue?
3. other?

e: Unrelated #4: is there some other part of military infrastructure/equipment that will soon be amenable to being AliExpressed like drones?

carcinofuck has issued a correction as of 23:32 on Jan 21, 2024

Keeper Garrett
May 4, 2006

Running messages and picking pockets since 1998.

Weka posted:

I think he's a baker in America

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

carcinofuck posted:

the US interdicts their arms shipments, its how we lost 2 seals last week lol