Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
A Star Trek parody of the Simpsons opening. Shot of Kes in front of a blackboard writing "I will not melt Lt. Tuvok's face" over and over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

BBC America has been showing Galaxy Quest a lot this month and gently caress, I keep forgetting how great Tony Shalhoub is in it.

Just completely unfazed by everything - except for turning a frog-pig-thing inside out and exploding it accidentally.

naem
May 29, 2011

Endless Trash posted:

Even on Earth some people might have some issues with where your dog pisses on their property. Archer is a lovely dog owner

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

StrangersInTheNight posted:

(it's been very difficult not to buy their Manos cloak, but I have nowhere to wear such a thing. still tho. hnnnnnnnnng

https://www.fashionbrandcompany.com/products/sample-death-hands-cloak)

Look, all you need to do is become an evil fantasy wizard and you'll be golden at the next evil wizard convention!

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

The hell, I want a hand of manos cloak too.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

StrangersInTheNight posted:

(it's been very difficult not to buy their Manos cloak, but I have nowhere to wear such a thing. still tho. hnnnnnnnnng

https://www.fashionbrandcompany.com/products/sample-death-hands-cloak)

IMO jackets have had their day. Normalize wearing cloaks again.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Big rear end On Fire posted:

I do remember some minor irritation from some people with that scene from the first JJ Trek where Kirk goes into a shuttle or something and the lead actress is in a bra. My thought was have you seen ST?

honestly the bigger problem was less the gratuity of the shot and more that it was framed in a way that made kirk a lecherous jackass. she's says something like "hey could you turn around while i get dressed" and then he peeks and she's all "...seriously??!"

it's just so unnecessarily boorish. there's nothing sexy about the scene aside from the exposed skin. it's just sexually harassing the character.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i'm sure there's some reading of that scene where the film critic is all "heh, well, actually, the scene serves as a commentary on the audience's perverse desire to see actresses in a state of undress, ergo the discomfort and irritation felt by the viewer is entirely intentional, furthermore" but that doesn't make the movie any more enjoyable to watch

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

what is a little peek of tit even worth in a post scarcity society? especially one that includes sex world as a member

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

TrashMammal posted:

what is a little peek of tit even worth in a post scarcity society? especially one that includes sex world as a member

That's what makes it gross. Peeking at someone who doesn't want you peeking means what gets you off it the violation. You can see tits all day, but seeing a tit against her will? That's what gets Kirk going.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Look it wasn't just called into darkness because space is dark

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Facebook Aunt posted:

That's what makes it gross. Peeking at someone who doesn't want you peeking means what gets you off it the violation. You can see tits all day, but seeing a tit against her will? That's what gets Kirk going.

gene would never approve. or maybe he would?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
gene had a tenuous understanding of consent, so he'd definitely approve

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

ChickenHeart posted:

I too enjoyed that episode when I came across it

If I was Sisko in that situation I would have told everyone to start crouch-jumping into corners and repeatedly drop and retrieve their belongings on the floor until we caused a boundry-break and then noclip our way home

Do you think those aliens could load up a rocketjump map for advanced players

I enjoyed Rutherford getting sucked in on Lower Decks and just grumpily speedrunning.

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

We watched a great Voyager episode tonight- the one that starts looking like a mirror universe but it takes place 700 years in the future when the doctor is awakened from a backup device to find Voyager is blamed for destroying this race’s society. Really solid and reinforces the idiom doctor episodes are good episodes.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

mailorder bees posted:

when i showed my gf TNG, we skipped season 2 and most of season 1, but i showed her the one where data proves he's "fully functional" and the episode above about the sexy planet that wants to kill wesley for walking on the grass because theyre so dumb.

but i am also a "move along home" enjoyer because that one is also very dumb

The Big Goodbye is a good one from season 1. Arsenal of Freedom is fun too. Also Angel One is just a fun episode for some good Peak Riker in it.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

We watched a great Voyager episode tonight- the one that starts looking like a mirror universe but it takes place 700 years in the future when the doctor is awakened from a backup device to find Voyager is blamed for destroying this race’s society. Really solid and reinforces the idiom doctor episodes are good episodes.

Living Witness. The closest thing we got to a Mirror Voyager episode.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Yeah, that's a good one. Fun fact: technically, that episode doesn't have ANY of the main characters in it, only holodeck depictions of them farther in the future.

Several years later, another episode would do that same thing. That episode was NOT a good one. These Are the Voyages...

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

Cha-ko-TAY looked like a bad rear end heavy in it too.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

That one does have a problematic implication, albeit an unintended one, because it effectively suggests we should “both sides” systemic racism.

Still not as bad as “Repentance”, of course, where the moral of the story is “people of the majority race only commit crimes when they’re mentally ill, whereas people of the minority race are just violent, too bad”.

naem
May 29, 2011

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Cha-ko-TAY looked like a bad rear end heavy in it too.

They just doubled his face tattoo and gave him gloves and messed up his hair a bit. I love when he's interrogating the guy and he's like "My people were also once oppressed" as he punches the guy in the face.

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

Mulaney Power Move posted:

They just doubled his face tattoo and gave him gloves and messed up his hair a bit. I love when he's interrogating the guy and he's like "My people were also once oppressed" as he punches the guy in the face.
His hair looked way cooler.

Janeway looked like she hadn't been to the stylist in a while and was working on little sleep.

Also Harry Kim was a Lt. :lol: Aliens - "This guy had to have been a Lt."

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
It's kind of weird that Lwaxana is pregnant in this episode of DS9 but it still is a good episode. Majel must have been in her 60s though when she made it.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Hollismason posted:

It's kind of weird that Lwaxana is pregnant in this episode of DS9 but it still is a good episode. Majel must have been in her 60s though when she made it.

In DS9 they they can change your sex, species, or identity in an afternoon. Keeping your ovaries popping as long as you want is no big deal.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Hollismason posted:

:aaa:

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Facebook Aunt posted:

In DS9 they they can change your sex, species, or identity in an afternoon. Keeping your ovaries popping as long as you want is no big deal.

if bashir wants you pregnant, you will be pregnant

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The Pluto Star Trek channels are so clutch.

Haven't really had a chance to connect with DS9 and TNG since I'd had a lot of personal growth in last ten years and everything connects a lot better. I can't at all understand the desire for violent and edgy Star Trek at this point.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

TheKingslayer posted:

The Pluto Star Trek channels are so clutch.

Haven't really had a chance to connect with DS9 and TNG since I'd had a lot of personal growth in last ten years and everything connects a lot better. I can't at all understand the desire for violent and edgy Star Trek at this point.

Pluto star trek rules but that ad where it's a sports game and then the ad pops up is weird to me.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

drilldo squirt posted:

Pluto star trek rules but that ad where it's a sports game and then the ad pops up is weird to me.
My wife and I have been discussing those for years. I think they're used by networks to both advert a live game and as an attention getter when the ads are recycled, as the games on the ads on Pluto TV are recordings (recently I saw one that was the closing of a college game and the announcer was talking about how it was 20 years ago today blah blah Twin Towers blah blah nevar forgit blah blah). I guess the advert agencies don't want to waste the ads they make so the just fill the live stream with any ol' spartsballs game?

They are odd, in any case.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
I swear there's an insane shot in TNG where the lens is buried in Troys cleavage, it pulls back and then they have a normal conversation.

naem
May 29, 2011

thotsky posted:

I swear there's an insane shot in TNG where the lens is buried in Troys cleavage, it pulls back and then they have a normal conversation.

I have in fact seen the show Star Trek The Next Generation yes

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Troi's scoop neck top with the lopsided cut has been bothering me ever since I noticed it. It's like the FedEx arrow.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

TheKingslayer posted:

Troi's scoop neck top with the lopsided cut has been bothering me ever since I noticed it. It's like the FedEx arrow.

My wife complains about that outfit every time Troi wears it. She hates it.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Post the outfit I am unsure which one they're talking about.

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Hollismason posted:

Post the outfit I am unsure which one they're talking about.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I think I almost prefer Troi's early Season 1 purple onesie to the dress because it at least looks enough like the rest of the crew's skintight back-breaking Season 1/2 uniforms.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Oh yeah that is terrible lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Her right breast is always a little colder.