Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

You guys better honor these because no way in hell anyone is remembering those Toxx clauses 10 months later other than you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Gimme buttons and I'll ban me myself

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Toxic Mental posted:

You guys better honor these because no way in hell anyone is remembering those Toxx clauses 10 months later other than you

Quote, then copy/paste the quote into the OP.

I’ll honor it, though regardless and remind you

PDP-1
Oct 12, 2004

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

redshirt posted:

I was thinking that, but she'll have to at least show up with him when he votes. Maybe she doesn't vote when she goes in the booth, but I'd guess she'd hate vote against him.

Melania votes, and Donald makes sure she votes right (from 2016):

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I thought election toxxs weren't a thing after what happened in 2016

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
What happened in 2016?

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

They just keep treating him VERY unfairly!

They used those exact words. Pretty unprofessional IMHO.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

BigHead posted:

What happened in 2016?

you'll never believe it

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Frank Frank posted:

So basically the plot of Portal 2 where loving GLADOS becomes a protagonist. Sounds about right.

God, Trump really is a Wheatley, isn’t he?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Uh oh Granddads hit the sauce and not making sense again
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1747818968549634411

I can't figure out what he might be trying to say here. This sounds like he is airing his vendetta against New York state and his fraud trial.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
Hmm. Interesting strategy from a desperate person.

Lauren Boebert switched districts in a bid to stay in Congress. Winning over voters won’t be easy.

https://apnews.com/article/lauren-boebert-district-colorado-republican-election-58cf21682012023f1362a01932909d36

quote:

Fleeing a tough reelection bid in the district where she lives, Colorado Republican Rep. Lauren Boebert is moving from the mountains to the plains, in the hopes of finding conservative pastures green enough to salvage her place in Congress.

To win, she’ll have to convince a new swath of voters that her brand of white-hot, far-right political activism — built on divisive one-liners and partisan ferocity in the U.S. House — is more needed in Washington than the home-grown Republicans she now faces in the primary.

Also: :haw: :haw:

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Toxic Mental posted:

Reminds me of all the Hillary toxxes in Debate and Discussion that just got quietly swept under the rug in 2016.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Catastrophe posted:

Lauren Boebert switched districts in a bid to stay in Congress. Winning over voters won’t be easy.

https://apnews.com/article/lauren-boebert-district-colorado-republican-election-58cf21682012023f1362a01932909d36

She should offer them her famous pork sliders before the election.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Catastrophe posted:

You gotta hand it to her

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Batterypowered7 posted:

Reminds me of all the Hillary toxxes in Debate and Discussion that just got quietly swept under the rug in 2016.

I still think about the hilarious pre-congratulations win tweet Hillary Clinton made the night before election day.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Silly Burrito posted:

You gotta hand it to her

No you got it backwards, she's the one who hands it to you.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Silly Burrito posted:

You gotta hand it to her

I can't get over how great your avatar is. Easily the best avatar on the forums right now.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

kw0134 posted:

That's an argument that definitely worked for William Jennings Bryan.
In High School I did a big essay on WJB there. His first nomination worked because the Dems were deadlocked and he made a fiery rhetorical speech about the gold standard and making silver a monetary standard. Good poo poo. It even was the basis for part of The Wizard Of Oz because in the book Dorothy wears silver slippers and her walking along the yellow (gold) brick road was to symbolize uniting the gold and silver standard, which was a big thing back in 1896.

And after that, all of the infighting between the populist leaning unionist northern Democrats and the "Why can't we still own slaves" southern Democrats just ended up as "sure, WJB again"

and again

and again

And then Woodrow Wilson which eeehhh...

Oh and WJB was part of the Monkey Trial about the teaching of the Theory of Evolution

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
I don't want to get debanked! I'm investing in gold trump coins from budk.com

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Toxic Mental posted:

you ain’t gotta remember poo poo. just make a few new forum enemies real fast

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

I said come in! posted:

I can't figure out what he might be trying to say here. This sounds like he is airing his vendetta against New York state and his fraud trial.

People like Loomer and Alex Jones have been banned from paypal and the like.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Infinitum posted:

Uh oh Granddads hit the sauce and not making sense again
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1747818968549634411

Imagine the hell the translators went through whenever he was speaking with foreign dignitaries, trying to translate into Japanese or whatever when it doesn’t even make sense in English to begin with.

“The President says that the windmills are killing whales, remember sailor, we rear end grapes, the nuclear, many such cases, inject bleach, why not done.”
“What? You’re fired, you clearly don’t know how to translate at all! You make him sound like a total idiot.”

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 23 days!)

Ron Twinkletits

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I said come in! posted:

I can't get over how great your avatar is. Easily the best avatar on the forums right now.

Thank you! :tipshat:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SlurredSpeech609 posted:

People like Loomer and Alex Jones have been banned from paypal and the like.

Gotcha, I didn't know this, but also good.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

BigHead posted:

What happened in 2016?

Something unexpected

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Stoatbringer posted:

“The President says that the windmills are killing whales, remember sailor, we rear end grapes, the nuclear, many such cases, inject bleach, why not done.”
“What? You’re fired, you clearly don’t know how to translate at all! You make him sound like a total idiot.”

lol

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Catastrophe posted:

I think there is a good shot she loses the primary. she is a nutjob weirdo with lots of weird controversy around her beyond lovely politics and hasnt done anything for anyone. like why replace the chud you already have with some embarassing white trash weirdo.

CannonFodder posted:

In High School I did a big essay on WJB there. His first nomination worked because the Dems were deadlocked and he made a fiery rhetorical speech about the gold standard and making silver a monetary standard. Good poo poo. It even was the basis for part of The Wizard Of Oz because in the book Dorothy wears silver slippers and her walking along the yellow (gold) brick road was to symbolize uniting the gold and silver standard, which was a big thing back in 1896.

And after that, all of the infighting between the populist leaning unionist northern Democrats and the "Why can't we still own slaves" southern Democrats just ended up as "sure, WJB again"

and again

and again

And then Woodrow Wilson which eeehhh...

Oh and WJB was part of the Monkey Trial about the teaching of the Theory of Evolution

gilded age politics are fun because their are clearish party divides but a ton over overlap. its alot more about factions and big patron systems machine poo poo then policy or charisma or etc. hell the dems only really started to come out of that with clinton to degree and the GOP with reagan. Hyper partisan does that i guess. like obvious their are still factions and poo poo, but not as BIG outside stuff like the freedom cacus.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Escape From Noise posted:

Lol. He keeps bringing up that she said that. A lot.

Not to give it to him, but it's a valid point for once. She directly said she would not run for president if trump was seeking the nomination - she lied, and should be called out on it.

quote:

“Yes,” Haley said, when asked if she would support a second bid by Trump, in whose Cabinet she served for the first half of his administration.

“I would not run if President Trump ran, and I would talk to him about it,” Haley said, asked by The Associated Press if a possible Trump bid could preclude her own effort

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

TrashMammal posted:

Hey gently caress you buddy <:mad:>

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

TrashMammal posted:

Hey thank you buddy <:)>

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

BigHead posted:

What happened in 2016?

Some rear end wit hosed around with the lament configuration again.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I have been Debanked for my Political Views and I am TRYING TO SAVE THIS COUNTRY! :qq: :qq:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

CommieGIR posted:

He's gonna be resurrected as an AI that just goes full hallucination and spews garbage

this post just made me realize exactly how much of gone guru is a retelling of trump's life.

if you replace time meditating on a rock with time scamming magazines and TV it plays out almost note for note.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

MrMojok posted:

I have been Debanked for my Political Views and I am TRYING TO SAVE THIS COUNTRY! :qq: :qq:

Now here's the question, did Trump, with his incredibly limited vocabulary, come with Debank on his own, or did he overhead someone in the dining hall at Mar-A-Lago saying it and now it's new go word of the week?

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Stoatbringer posted:

Imagine the hell the translators went through whenever he was speaking with foreign dignitaries, trying to translate into Japanese or whatever when it doesn’t even make sense in English to begin with.

https://theconversation.com/confusion-of-donald-trumps-italian-interpreter-goes-viral-why-some-jobs-are-meant-to-be-invisible-125593

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Not to give it to him, but it's a valid point for once. She directly said she would not run for president if trump was seeking the nomination - she lied, and should be called out on it.

She says a ton of hateful terrible things already, calling her out for having the gall to change her mind about something is weirdly petty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Coolguye posted:

this post just made me realize exactly how much of gone guru is a retelling of trump's life.

if you replace time meditating on a rock with time scamming magazines and TV it plays out almost note for note.

Isn't Gone Guru the 2014 psychological thriller starring Ben Affleck?