Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Somewhere in CSPAM there was a quote from somewhere (yes this is vague but fun) which said, roughly, ‘we were promised that Desantis was Trump without the baggage, but he’s actually Ted Cruz without the charisma’ which is devastating as hell.

RIP in piss meatball ron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

https://x.com/OmarJimenez/status/1749160130686357657?s=20

He done.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

FizFashizzle posted:

Different, but I remember in highschool me and some friends went to see a show of King Arthur which was just a godawful movie. It was a mostly empty theater and we riffed on it the entire time. People came up to us after and said we made the movie watchable.

I'm calling bullshit on this. Highschool kids pulling a MST3k on a lovely movie never makes it better. This was a loving gag in the CineD subforum like 5 years ago.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

LeeMajors posted:

https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1749155745512243406?s=20

That picture of Cruz and DeSantis phone-banking for Trump side by side is going to be incredible.

He came in second in Iowa, the New Hampshire polls must be loving horrible if he's dropping out now.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Endorsed Trump lmao

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Rest in Piss

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Kalli posted:

Rest in Piss

that's the other Republican candidate

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Air Skwirl posted:

I'm calling bullshit on this. Highschool kids pulling a MST3k on a lovely movie never makes it better. This was a loving gag in the CineD subforum like 5 years ago.

But I'm telling you, it was an MST3K riff-fest!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

More like Suck-a-lot of cock!

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

FizFashizzle posted:

Endorsed Trump lmao

They’re all going to pledge fealty because no one in the non-MAGA GOP has any clue how to break his stranglehold

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Neither Hailey or DeSantis could attack Trump because they needed his voter base, but that meant they couldn't show how they were better so when questions about him being prosecuted for crimes they can only answer like "oh, he's a political prisoner, yeah, its a real shame for America" instead of being like "yeah he's not fit to lead" so they were turbofucked from the beginning.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Easiest joke is “should be forced to carry it to term.”

LeeMajors posted:

Somewhere in CSPAM there was a quote from somewhere (yes this is vague but fun) which said, roughly, ‘we were promised that Desantis was Trump without the baggage, but he’s actually Ted Cruz without the charisma’ which is devastating as hell.

RIP in piss meatball ron

That was in the big NYT piece last month about the DeSantis campaign and how bad it was

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

harperdc posted:

That was in the big NYT piece last month about the DeSantis campaign and how bad it was

Ohhhh yeah. A classic.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
DeSantis tried to be Trump light but who'd vote for that when they can get the genuine product? All my worst relatives hated him for president, one because "he looks like he would have a weak handshake", and that was their general sentiment about that walking void of charisma and talent.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Air Skwirl posted:

He came in second in Iowa, the New Hampshire polls must be loving horrible if he's dropping out now.

he went all-in on Iowa and barely beat Haley. He has no chance in NH, Haley is SC's prodigal daughter, and decided to pull a Kamala before he got rinsed

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Spoeank posted:

Haley is SC's prodigal daughter,

Haley is going to lose by 30 here haha, it rules

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Now DeSantis can get back to his real life's work, making Florida a worse place to live.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Desantis eating poo poo so quickly is fantastic. I wish nothing but terrible things on that shitbag.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Bird in a Blender posted:

Desantis eating poo poo so quickly is fantastic. I wish nothing but terrible things on that shitbag.

https://twitter.com/boyymodal/status/1749166389762347159?s=20

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

LeeMajors posted:

Haley is going to lose by 30 here haha, it rules

Being a former worker of PNW Boeing when they chose SC as their union busting state with Nikki opening them with welcome arms, seeing Haley get trounced will be delicious to me.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

seiferguy posted:

Being a former worker of PNW Boeing when they chose SC as their union busting state with Nikki opening them with welcome arms, seeing Haley get trounced will be delicious to me.

Don’t get me loving started. She gave multi-hundo million dollar tax breaks to Boeing and their suppliers while our infrastructure is falling apart and the state couldn’t honor their revenue pledges to counties so we had wage freezes over most of the state for public employees for like ten years.

She loving sucks and I hate her. The worst. Dead eyed and soulless. Big tyrannical department manager energy.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Absolute piece of poo poo move to change the law so he could stay. Man do I hate that dude

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

LeeMajors posted:

Don’t get me loving started. She gave multi-hundo million dollar tax breaks to Boeing and their suppliers while our infrastructure is falling apart and the state couldn’t honor their revenue pledges to counties so we had wage freezes over most of the state for public employees for like ten years.

She loving sucks and I hate her. The worst. Dead eyed and soulless. Big tyrannical department manager energy.

It isn't just SC. When the next union contract came up for the 777X, Boeing started dangling the business elsewhere, and Missouri and other states started passing a fuckton of conditionless tax breaks vying for the business. They used to successfully break the union of its pension.

It's little wonder that company screwed the pooch on the 737 Max when they're constantly trying to screw the engineers and machinists building it.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

saintonan posted:

Now DeSantis can get back to his real life's work, making Florida a worse place to live.

He burned so much political capital, getting the legislature on board for his platform, and to change the law to let him run for President without resigning as Governor that he is facing a mutiny with in state Reps since he has nothing to show for it. Its going to get real ugly real fast for him, especially with anything Disney related.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

seiferguy posted:

It isn't just SC. When the next union contract came up for the 777X, Boeing started dangling the business elsewhere, and Missouri and other states started passing a fuckton of conditionless tax breaks vying for the business. They used to successfully break the union of its pension.

It's little wonder that company screwed the pooch on the 737 Max when they're constantly trying to screw the engineers and machinists building it.

It’s fun because I’m local to the plant and Boeing is considered a very very good place to work, but it’s depressing how much better it could be. It’s clear they moved here to mine our public funds and cheap labor and they’ll be gone as soon as some other state throws their panties at them.

Meanwhile Haley ends up on their board and the public-private carousel continues.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

LeeMajors posted:

It’s fun because I’m local to the plant and Boeing is considered a very very good place to work, but it’s depressing how much better it could be. It’s clear they moved here to mine our public funds and cheap labor and they’ll be gone as soon as some other state throws their panties at them.

Meanwhile Haley ends up on their board and the public-private carousel continues.

I was just reading a thing that compared Boeing to Airbus. In Europe, Airbus is the premiere, elite level engineering job. Everyone wants to work there, and if you do its a big deal and you make a lot of money. Boeing used to be that way, then advanced capitalism happened and now its just another engineering job that no one would bat an eye at.

Also, part of it is that Airbus is effectively managed from the top down by engineers while Boeing is ran by people whose primary objective is money for stockholders.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Amy Pole Her posted:

Absolute piece of poo poo move to change the law so he could stay. Man do I hate that dude

Wait, he's not term limited anymore?

I thought he just changed the law so he could run for president and not resign as governor.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

Wait, he's not term limited anymore?

I thought he just changed the law so he could run for president and not resign as governor.

He is still term limited but he did do that, so he is still governor until 2026.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

swickles posted:

I was just reading a thing that compared Boeing to Airbus. In Europe, Airbus is the premiere, elite level engineering job. Everyone wants to work there, and if you do its a big deal and you make a lot of money. Boeing used to be that way, then advanced capitalism happened and now its just another engineering job that no one would bat an eye at.

Also, part of it is that Airbus is effectively managed from the top down by engineers while Boeing is ran by people whose primary objective is money for stockholders.

Absolutely.

I may end up applying there for internship or an EIT job once I get deep into school but the shine is definitely off and it has a real reputation for churning staff. Lots of other local opportunities though including Volvo.

But if economic conditions are better I might expand my scope since my wife can basically work from anywhere.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

swickles posted:

The Aeronautical Insanity thread was mocking the Boeing CEO the other day because it was clear he was just MBA-brained and had no clue what was going on with the 737 MAX.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Freaquency posted:

The Aeronautical Insanity thread was mocking the Boeing CEO the other day because it was clear he was just MBA-brained and had no clue what was going on with the 737 MAX.

I think MBAs have killed more people than fascism.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

swickles posted:

In the Seattle area, Boeing was a prestigious job for the longest time. They slowly eroded employee benefits, but kept getting people hired saying "oh its Boeing, most prestigious company in the area" then a bunch of companies paying a fuckton more came into the area (mainly tech). Basically all the boomer workers who were gonna retire with nice pensions would tell new workers "oh you're gonna love working here" only for them to get disillusioned with the bureaucracy and poo poo pay, and hearing their friends are making twice as much working at Amazon corporate (that place is hell to work, but for different reasons and at least you're usually comped well to sell your soul there).

With that and how bad PR is for Boeing right now, they're not sitting pretty. The running joke when I worked there is if we hosed up so badly, we'd get bailed out by the government because the US economy would collapse without them as an aerospace arm. They're not wrong because while Boeing doesn't have a ton of employees US wide, the amount of suppliers in the US that supply them is massive.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

My good friend's husband went to work for completed different aerospace company instead of Boeing because all he'd heard was it was lovely and he'd be at risk for layoff since he'd be a new hire. Now, he did go to work for a contractor with a notoriously terrible CEO so it was mostly a lateral move.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I mean, Cruz bent the knee in 2016 and Trump said his wife was ugly and his dad killed JFK.

Edit: Cruz at least knew he was going to have to be in the Senate with a possible Trump Presidency, I have no idea what Desantis thinks his political future is. He's term limited on Governor, the only people who remember his name in 2028 are the ones who loving hate him and I can't imagine Trump giving him a cabinet position.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jan 22, 2024

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Any of y’all use marijuana gummies to help get to bed?

Do you feel rested afterwards or is it a sleep that doesn’t actually get you energized?

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
He's asleep right now :3:

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

he needs all the snuggles

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Any of y’all use marijuana gummies to help get to bed?

Do you feel rested afterwards or is it a sleep that doesn’t actually get you energized?

I'd go with pure CBD instead of ones with active THC in them. Or take the gummies like an hour or two before you're planning to go to sleep.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Freaquency posted:

link?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Tulalip Tulips posted:

My good friend's husband went to work for completed different aerospace company instead of Boeing because all he'd heard was it was lovely and he'd be at risk for layoff since he'd be a new hire. Now, he did go to work for a contractor with a notoriously terrible CEO so it was mostly a lateral move.

You can just say it was SpaceX