Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Ron DeSantis needs an emoji where he's doing that homelander grimace.

Came here to lol and I'm loling a lot. Weak. Pathetic. Ron is such a dumbass. Ted Cruz without a personality.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Lol what level of cope is this?
https://twitter.com/youwouldntpost/...ingawful.com%2F

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

I mean, I can’t imagine a Ron voter is dedicated enough to follow his lead and switch to Trump. They’ll probably flip the Haley unless they are women haters (~98% of them)

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I hope Ron becomes a Trump surrogate.

Out there at the Charleston SC southside Holiday Inn, talking up Trump!

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
Nikki Haley is going to be in this position by this time next week if not sooner. Even if she comes within striking distance in NH (or ekes out a win lol), she’s going to be eviscerated in literally every single remaining state.

The time to start building a case against Trump was three years ago, and her efforts now are going to play out the same way as the school kid who puts off the big project until the night before it’s due.

I hope the “my morals won’t let me vote for Joe” crew comes around when the danger Trump poses starts to become tangible.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
picturing a scenario where both Trump and Biden succumb from old man-itis and the election is Haley vs Harris

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Almost Smart posted:

I hope the “my morals won’t let me vote for Joe” crew comes around when the danger Trump poses starts to become tangible.

Those voters don’t actually have morals.

:thunk:

They’re rapists. They’re bringing drugs and crime. And some of them, I assume, are good people.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

muscles like this! posted:

The best thing about DeSantis' failure is that this means he's completely done in politics. He isn't allowed to run again for Gov next term, there's no Senate seat open for a while and nobody is going to be backing him in 28. He's dunzo.

At the moment he's probably relieved to have some reprieve from the constant humiliation. Still there's his remaining time as Governor and the Disney lawsuits - he might yet wig out at some presser.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
just sittin here having a laugh at what a loser desantis is. What a loving LOSER!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Maybe if DeSantis had eked out a close loss he could have convinced the FL legislature to change the rules about him not being allowed to run again but he's got that loser stink on him now.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Maybe if DeSantis had eked out a close loss he could have convinced the FL legislature to change the rules about him not being allowed to run again but he's got that loser stink on him now.

smells like meatballs and shoe polish

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

:thunk:

Ron DePanties

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Rons boots (the water boots, not the lift boots he wears under his pants) would have been fine if they were black or dark green. But the white boots looked like go-go boots, it was funny.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

WHY BONER NOW posted:

just sittin here having a laugh at what a loser desantis is. What a loving LOSER!

Reminder Ron is gonna get buried in lawsuits and Disney is going to own Florida thanks to Ron DeSantis.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Waiting for the Trump gloating post saying Ron came up short "in multiple ways" and implying Casey should get with a "real candidate" if she wants to be first lady that bad

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

The best thing about DeSantis' failure is that this means he's completely done in politics. He isn't allowed to run again for Gov next term, there's no Senate seat open for a while and nobody is going to be backing him in 28. He's dunzo.

Also he has been exposed as an ineffective little weasel man and chuds only want alpha males who commit violent felonies

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Ron nah nah nah
Ron nah nah nah
Hey hey hey
Goodbye

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Reminder Ron is gonna get buried in lawsuits and Disney is going to own Florida thanks to Ron DeSantis.

Probably better off with the Disney Corporation running the place rather than the Republican Party. :sad:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

he could maybe get his congress seat back but lol nice demotion bozo, and then there's 4 years of him not being governor before he can run again off the momentum of HEY REMEMBER WHEN I FAILED TO RUN FOR PRESIDENT?

it's really beautiful to see this happen to such a giant piece of poo poo

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Probably better off with the Disney Corporation running the place rather than the Republican Party. :sad:

This is how we get corporate take over of nation states: We'll beg them for it. Like dogs.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

fishing with the fam posted:

So fuckin funny to me that all that it took was a single primary caucus loss to have Ronny D running away with his tail tucked between his legs. Absolute piss baby poo poo.

There's a chance that his campaign finances were just so busted he couldn't continue on. His strategy of having the Super PAC be the main support structure using unlimited dark money and the actual campaign being relatively small and low cost was the same strategy JEB! used and was part of the reason he didn't make it too far in 2016. The only way that sort of plan would function is if you break the law on not coordinating with the Super PAC or get momentum in early states so you can turn those wins into donations from the usual sources looking to get in good with the eventual nominee.

Losing hard in Iowa and polling at single digits in NH presaged a very embarrassing couple months of primary losses for a guy who was seen as the future of the GOP just a few months ago. NH has a history doing the "gently caress you I won't do what you tell me" thing in primary voting and is probably the best hope in the early states for someone to get a win over Trump. DeSantis being so far out of second place with just a couple days to go and dwindling funds along with a dysfunctional campaign (his Iowa campaign chair spent the last week leading up to the caucus putting together a 1000 puzzle in the office and not doing any actual work) even someone as egomaniacal as DeSantis had to have seen that he had no chance at flipping the script. There's a high percentage chance that this was clear as soon as the votes were tallied in Iowa and DeSantis has been talking to the Trump people behind the scenes since then to negotiate his exit from the campaign. I wouldn't be surprised if he or his wife didn't get cabinet positions promised out of this. Ron needs a way to keep his name in the news and soak up the Trump glory after he leaves the governorship and Casey would probably love to build her political profile.

The funny thing is that Trump's campaign could probably get the endorsement for free because Ron clearly hates Haley for ruining his chance at being the second place nominee. Ron can place second to Trump and people will excuse that because this was always Trump's to lose. Everyone on the debate stage was running to be the last person standing when Trump is found guilty of something or other and being the only choice the party has. Ron absolutely can't place third, even a close third instead of the distant third he was showing because that's inexcusable for one of the party's major stars and hurts his future candidacy for the presidency. You can't lose to the crime elemental with the melted brain AND a woman (and one with a foreign name at that!) in state after state and retain your reputation. Bowing out early solves that problem and gives DeSantis the chance to burnish his reputation as like the Secretary of Anti-Woke or some other thing Trump will make up for him.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

"'EYYYY, THAT JAMOOK CALLED ME A MEAT-A-BALL, BUT IT'S ALL IN GOOD FUN, CAPICHE? I'M ALL ABOARD-A THE TRUMP TRAIN NOW!"
- "Meatball" Ronald DeSantis

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

"'EYYYY, THAT JAMOOK CALLED ME A MEAT-A-BALL, BUT IT'S ALL IN GOOD FUN, CAPICHE? I'M ALL ABOARD-A THE TRUMP TRAIN NOW!"
- "Meatball" Ronald DeSantis

loving lol

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I told Mr Trump The platform shoes just got 10" higher

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021
Sorry if this has been posted already but holy poo poo lol

Lazyfire posted:

There's a chance that his campaign finances were just so busted he couldn't continue on. His strategy of having the Super PAC be the main support structure using unlimited dark money and the actual campaign being relatively small and low cost was the same strategy JEB! used and was part of the reason he didn't make it too far in 2016. The only way that sort of plan would function is if you break the law on not coordinating with the Super PAC or get momentum in early states so you can turn those wins into donations from the usual sources looking to get in good with the eventual nominee.

Correct me if I'm wrong but he basically had to do it that way since FL law prevented him from running for President right after Governor because reasons. He skipped around it by never doing a formal declaration that he was running despite appearing on one miserably failed ballot at least. If I'm not having my own Trump brain moment here I wouldn't be shocked if the lols continue and he eats a lawsuit on finance/campaign stuff as a cherry on top.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Run
Ran
Ron

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

i have no illusions about the future. we're all hosed. but i got to see Ron eat poo poo and that is a sweet thing. i hope his whole nasty life disintegrates.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Imagine working hard your whole life to build up your political career with many fine accomplishments in domestic and international politics, then going down in history as the only candidate defeated by Donald Trump.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Lmao this is the saddest cope

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

lol bill mitchell

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
How many tens of millions to hundreds of millions were wasted on jeb and desantis?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

DeSantis has to know that he can't trust any promises from Trump regarding a cabinet position. If he wins it is going to be whoever he talked to last or whoever bribes his campaign manager the most.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

lol nobody trusts florida governors to be president

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

withak posted:

Imagine working hard your whole life to build up your political career with many fine accomplishments in domestic and international politics, then going down in history as the only candidate defeated by Donald Trump.

happy birthday to this future president

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021

Mr. Nice! posted:

How many tens of millions to hundreds of millions were wasted on jeb and desantis?

Opensecrets has Jeb! at another 150 mil so that's 300 MILLION UNITED STATES DOLLARS give or take between tweedle dee and tweedle dipshit

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Mr. Nice! posted:

roughly a quarter billion dollars for just those two primary campaigns

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I've seen some copium poisoning before but this guy needs a doctor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Is this considered a hornypost? Need a clarification on this.

:lol: