Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Kirios posted:

Yeah and no offense SB but I think Baker’s a better quarterback than Carr.

no offense taken, I'd love if we'd draft a first round QB

so we're taking a RT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Pay him!

Pay that man his money!

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Bucs aren’t doing any better than Baker for the next couple of years, might as well pay him.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

WampaLord posted:

Pay him!

Pay that man his money!

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

I feel so loving bad for Mayfield

They still need to pay him

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
That Baker pick felt inevitable.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Pay Baker fire Bowles

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Pay Baker keep Bowles

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

lmao

Henron
Feb 19, 2010

Arms held out
In your Jesus Christ pose
Feeling dangerous?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

That was such a good freaking year Bucs fans. Your team rules.

Run it back!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
gently caress the Bucs

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’ve said “pay that man his money” 9000 times this year so I’m gonna watch Rounders

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

no offense taken, I'd love if we'd draft a first round QB

so we're taking a RT

i think we could get baker

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
You're finally back where you belong, Tampa.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Joey Freshwater posted:

Pay Baker fire Bowles

Do you see any way they fire Bowles now though? If they poo poo the bed completely against Philly I could've maybe seen it, but they went blow for blow with the Lions on the road with a shot to go to the CG.

I don't think Todd is *good* (just to be clear), but I don't see them canning him.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Congrats on the 10 win season

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

ozymandius1024 posted:

Do you see any way they fire Bowles now though? If they poo poo the bed completely against Philly I could've maybe seen it, but they went blow for blow with the Lions on the road with a shot to go to the CG.

I don't think Todd is *good* (just to be clear), but I don't see them canning him.

He's safe.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

ozymandius1024 posted:

Nope, Atlanta is the only lucky one here.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ozymandius1024 posted:

Yeah no, it’s not gonna happen and it’ll just be more of the same poo poo next year

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
That was a successful season. $80m in dead money, grab a QB off the scrap heap and win the division and a playoff game while no one expected them to do anything. They added some quality rookies this year and should be able to bring back the guys they want. They also found a really good OC. If Bowles (big if) can continue to grow as a HC they should be set up for success next year.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I mean i dont think the rest of the division will be any better so you dont need him to grow much

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

surely they don't let Evans walk

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Lol

What is Evans' contract?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

surely they don't let Evans walk

tampa would be very foolish to let white, evans, and baker go i think.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

He's still worth it, be happy with him as a franchise guy, he got us to the Divisional round

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

this season ended up being fun as hell, i love baker, i hope we can re-sign our biggest assets, go bucs

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

STONE COLD 64 posted:

tampa would be very foolish to let white, evans, and baker go i think.

Devin White? He gone

He’s been outplayed by KJ Britt, don’t see why they’d resign him unless it’s a team friendly deal. But he thinks he’s worth too money so

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jan 22, 2024

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

wandler20 posted:

That was a successful season. $80m in dead money, grab a QB off the scrap heap and win the division and a playoff game while no one expected them to do anything. They added some quality rookies this year and should be able to bring back the guys they want. They also found a really good OC. If Bowles (big if) can continue to grow as a HC they should be set up for success next year.

Definitely a successful season, I suspect they'll fire Bowles after next year once we have a harder schedule and the division is less of a pushover. Hopefully they'll elevate Canales at that point. Curious to see what happens with Evans and Baker this offseason. This draft class was great so I'm a little more hopeful about the Bucs roster going forward than I was last offseason.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Joey Freshwater posted:

Devin White? He gone

And not soon enough! He's bad.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Joey Freshwater posted:

Devin White? He gone

He’s been outplayed by KJ Britt, don’t see why they’d resign him unless it’s a team friendly deal. But he thinks he’s worth too money so

rachaad

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Do it Licht!

https://twitter.com/gregauman/status/1749216521442762969?t=oorFO_Z3TVjRBtFNByEkKA&s=19

He's under contract, not a free agent.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pay Baker and keep Evans

Bowles is whatever. You're prob not winning a ring under him, but this year certainly ended better than expected by all metrics; nobody predicted a team in the division, let alone them, getting a playoff win and being a bad 2-point decision away from being near a conference championship appearance. Try to build off that; #9 cap space in the league rn to work with

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

I think he's still on his rookie deal?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

rachaad was a rookie last year

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Panthers have a new GM.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1749564732183290324

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Yeah, hire from within. Great idea.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

zimbomonkey posted:

Yeah, hire from within. Great idea.

It's not a job many people are going to be interested in, sadly

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
If they can get a head coach from outside they can get a GM from outside. Tepper wanted a yes man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

kazil posted:

It's not a job many people are going to be interested in, sadly

The lions guy pulled out a couple days ago.