Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Nice work lions.

Now please lose next week k thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
I can't believe I've been reading Kawalimus and Ghost Dog posts for over a decade.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I love you the Lions and the Ravens. I hope that's the superbowl and I'll be happy with any winner

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer
Kawalimus doomposting is true football nirvana

go lions

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

wandler20 posted:

Congrats Lions fans, the better team won today.

Baker was pretty drat good in the playoffs. That last pass wasn't great but he was baking on the previous drive that they needed. I'm perfectly fine bringing him back because there isn't going to be any better options for them.

The bigger issue is the Bucs o line let the lions get free rushers at them.

Which is not ideal

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
I didn't follow baker much in Cleveland, was tonight the same guy he's always been? He seemed pretty good til the end and I'm surprised the browns got rid of him

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

yeah he's always topped out at pretty good and will have a couple completely braindead games a year. he was playing with a hurt shoulder his whole last season in Cleveland and I think Stefanski just didn’t like him

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

trevorreznik posted:

I didn't follow baker much in Cleveland, was tonight the same guy he's always been? He seemed pretty good til the end and I'm surprised the browns got rid of him

He's vibes based. If the vibes are good, so is he. They should've played out his 5th year but I think he's got a career of being good enough to trick you into thinking he's The Guy only to choke.

And that pick was vintage Browns era Baker. Felt that coming in my bones.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

What if we had another poster who posted in the exact same sperglord style as Kawa but in support of some other team, like, say, the Chiefs or Packers.

Would that destroy all matter in the universe?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Zwabu posted:

What if we had another poster who posted in the exact same sperglord style as Kawa but in support of some other team, like, say, the Chiefs or Packers.

Would that destroy all matter in the universe?

There's far too much of both teams already, frankly

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Ches Neckbeard posted:

He's vibes based. If the vibes are good, so is he. They should've played out his 5th year but I think he's got a career of being good enough to trick you into thinking he's The Guy only to choke.

And that pick was vintage Browns era Baker. Felt that coming in my bones.

Interesting.

And yeah that pick felt like what a not top 5 QB was going to throw in a pressure situation

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

trevorreznik posted:

Interesting.

And yeah that pick felt like what a not top 5 QB was going to throw in a pressure situation

Hof QB Jordan love did the same thing just yesterday.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Scipiotik posted:

I mean love is a first year starter and Baker has been in the league for what feels like ten years

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Chris James 2 posted:

Dan Campbell is the greatest Detroit coach in, minimum, our lifetimes

Undefeated in the playoffs!

ixnay posted:

Congrats to Dallas and Washington, now the only teams not to reach the NFC championship game this century

lol

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

trevorreznik posted:

Interesting.

there's only three top 5 QBs during any given season so teams are way better off trying to make it work with a Baker level guy. you need your GM to nail two drafts

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

I feel like everybody knows what you’re getting with Baker now, and you kinda have strap yourself in for it and see how far that takes you. If you were being petty you could put an asterisk against both the NFC South and that Eagles team, but ultimately he’s taken the Buccs to a division title and an extremely competitive Divisional Round loss in Detroit.

FWIW half time in todays game is the most nervous I’ve been about Detroit’s play off prospects.. maybe all season.

TLDR; gently caress yeah they should bring Baker back.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/DrawPlayDave/status/1749224022800486899

lol Febreeze always keeps you guessing.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
If your team makes it to the divisional round, you better have a very good reason not to run it back, especially at QB

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

I can't believe I've been reading Kawalimus and Ghost Dog posts for over a decade.

You've been reading the exact same dumb Kawalimus post every week for a decade while evidence to the contrary builds nonstop.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

indigi posted:

there's only three top 5 QBs

I think I know what you are actually saying but I’m lollin at this math

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Freaquency posted:

I think I know what you are actually saying but I’m lollin at this math

Euphronius inspired posting

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

ixnay posted:

Congrats to Dallas and Washington, now the only teams not to reach the NFC championship game this century

Technically 16 other teams haven’t reached the nfc championship either, don’t feel bad cowboys fans (feel bad)

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
This brings me unbridled joy

quote:

The Dallas Cowboys now have the second-longest NFC Championship Game appearance drought in the entire conference.

(Washington is first)

E: semi beaten but whatever it still makes me happy

Scipiotik posted:

You misspelled "future Jets starting QB"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hope washington can go on a wonder season next year just to demote the cowboys further.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Guess the Ravens will have to do the needful next week

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

the kansas city patriots

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Wide Right 2

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

contract the Bills

Go Ravens

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
1 game closer to Kelce proposing in his super bowl victory speech

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I can’t even imagine the PTSD bills fans must go through every time they try to kick a critical FG.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
gently caress the chiefs
gently caress the 9ers

hail satan

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
gently caress the Chiefs.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
So sorry, Bills fans. Amazing season, fun team to watch.

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Go Lions
Go Ravens

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012
the sound of that kick's also the sound of the bills' contention window slamming shut

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
they came, they saw, they billsed

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

Posting for a better future, today!
And that's why they call them the Bills...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
That loss is on Allen. He badly mismanaged that last drive.