Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
16-bit butt head is postin about Dave arguin on Twitter again again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

fart blood posted:

I hate fans so loving much

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Saw this in the MOTYC thread and it instantly reminded me of what Unofficial NJPW Fan Club tweeted this morning

forkboy84 posted:

WMOTYC
20th January
New Japan New Beginning In Nagoya
NEVER Openweight Title
Tama Tonga(c) Vs EVIL

I dunno why I watched this,was always going to hate it and so I did. So dull. Just in a miserable mood now. The worst kind of go away heat

https://twitter.com/NJPWFanClubNA/status/1748669284702629916

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

All fans are repulsive, but there’s something about wrestling fans I find so particularly disgusting

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MassRafTer posted:

Saw this in the MOTYC thread and it instantly reminded me of what Unofficial NJPW Fan Club tweeted this morning

https://twitter.com/NJPWFanClubNA/status/1748669284702629916

What is 'loyalty to Japanese culture?'

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Dawgstar posted:

just means weeb

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

fart blood posted:

All fans are repulsive, but there’s something about wrestling fans I find so particularly disgusting

yeah but spider-man fans tho

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Dawgstar posted:

It means studying the Hanzo steel of 1000 folds

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Tama Tonga sighed as he sheathed his katana

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Shard posted:

yeah but spider-man fans tho

Marvel hates Spidey fans enough for everyone

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

forkboy84 posted:

Yeah, I don't blame the wrestlers for getting the bag

I do. theyve forgotten their place. to nooj they were born, to nooj they belong. worker's rights are great in theory but to betray nooj is a workers wrong

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

fart blood posted:

I’ve been going to Indy shows and various other promotions for almost 20 years at this point there’s a reason I’ve never made actual friends at those shows.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://x.com/wrestlinghumble/status/1748875546094940216?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

The_Rob posted:

I’ve been going to Indy shows and various other promotions for almost 20 years at this point there’s a reason I’ve never made actual friends at those shows.

People seem cool at indie and New Japan shows in SoCal. I've never made friends but I've chatted with folks before and after or at bars or 'too sweeted' random folks in bullet club shirts.
Online wrestling fans have always seemed way worse than people at shows.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Punk really got people to sit through one and a half hours of mediocre bullshit just to get to him wrestling in over-indulgent 30 minute matches, no wonder WWE wanted him back.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

WrestlingHumble was the most demonic of the engagement bait accounts two years ago, and he seems almost quaint compared to modern blue checks.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Coolness Averted posted:

People seem cool at indie and New Japan shows in SoCal. I've never made friends but I've chatted with folks before and after or at bars or 'too sweeted' random folks in bullet club shirts.

It's gotta be a regional thing too. I've been to a bunch of Midwest indie shows and the vibes are almost always good and usually everyone in the crowd is there to to have a good time & respect the wrestlers. Revolver shows have always been awesome, GCW shows in Chicago are a blast, even my local SCW stuff is a hoot.

It's the online fans that are poo poo

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Internet Wrestling Fans are the absolute worst and I'm sure that's pot calling the kettle black but it's still true

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Internet fans: no
Spiderweb Deathmatch fans: enthusiastic nodding

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.

fart blood posted:

They are supremely stupid and very arrogant about it. Pro wrestling is extremely low stakes so let's just be thankful this is how they are biding their time.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Coolness Averted posted:

I grew up going to Southern California indies. PWG people mostly good and nice, but a lot of people I’d never want to hang out with. GCW has the people who aren’t allowed at PWG anymore, Circle 6 has people not allowed at GCW anymore.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/ALeavelle/status/1749246644397171161

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Remember when Punk's side of the story was that he was scared of both Hangman and the Bucks shoot beating him up?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

1glitch0 posted:

Remember when Punk's side of the story was that he was scared of both Hangman and the Bucks shoot beating him up?

punk was the person in the clippers locker room calling the lapd because chris paul was coming to kick their rear end

poleece presence

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/eliteclubs0b/status/1749123267053638077?s=46

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

The_Rob posted:

I grew up going to Southern California indies. PWG people mostly good and nice, but a lot of people I’d never want to hang out with. GCW has the people who aren’t allowed at PWG anymore, Circle 6 has people not allowed at GCW anymore.

I used to attend a lot of indie shows in the MD/NoVA area pre-Covid and the amount of open homophobia I witnessed/heard from fans always bummed me out. Hell, even the Baltimore crowds for AEW are full of assholes who think everyone wants to hear their live Rifftrax attempts and/or opinions of the women's roster.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

“Decent” promo skills

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Gross. As much as I loved mst3k as a kid, I gotta say the way it made every nerd think they could riff during shows and movies really sucks.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Coolness Averted posted:

Gross. As much as I loved mst3k as a kid, I gotta say the way it made every nerd think they could riff during shows and movies really sucks.

Agreed. I feel like wrestling attracts the type of fan who doesn't know how to engage with things they're not mad at or making fun of. It just makes live shows less fun when, as one example, Willow Nightengale comes out and all of a sudden ten dudes in my section feel compelled to call her fat.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

CombineThresher posted:

Agreed. I feel like wrestling attracts the type of fan who doesn't know how to engage with things they're not mad at or making fun of. It just makes live shows less fun when, as one example, Willow Nightengale comes out and all of a sudden ten dudes in my section feel compelled to call her fat.

Yeah I'd hate that. Meanwhile my experience with Willow and fans was folks complimenting my Willow shirt in the parking lot and comisserating that she wasn't likely to advance past r1 in the NJPW strong women's tournament, but agreeing she's really great. The crowd was still way more hot for Mercedes in the final round (understandably, since it was her belt to take) but everyone still cheered like hell for Willow when she won and we got a good "you deserve it!" chant going during her victory speech.

If I had shittier experiences I probably wouldn't go to live shows.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

CombineThresher posted:

Those ten dudes, of course, in great shape; pristine physical specimens, every one of them.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/tristanbills/status/1749229700378178031

https://twitter.com/tristanbills/status/1748900623138111837

I thought this had been posted here but when I looked for the tweet to post this in response I couldn't find it.

https://twitter.com/tristanbills/status/1748781189404512550

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Holy poo poo it’s the idiotic “there are no formal conspiracies about tearing down regulations and protections” argument that George Carlin demolished like two decades ago by pointing out that you don’t need a conspiracy if interests converge, just applied to pro wrestling and whether or not AEW “tells stories”

We are hitting WWE fans making turn of the century neoconservative arguments

:psyduck:

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

My experience with wrestling fans is 90% totally normal people, a couple of them might be cool but probably not, and 10% the worst people you will ever meet. Absolute cretins, lowest of the low

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Last wrestling show I went to was an AEW show and there was a dude sitting in the row behind me loudly calling wrestlers by the names they had in WWE (like he called PAC Neville) and talking about how much he hates Kenny Omega and a dude in Cornette shirt few rows back who kept yelling poo poo at the Young Bucks and I'm still not entirely sure why either of them thought it was worth their time and money to go that show

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

VideoWitch posted:

Last wrestling show I went to was an AEW show and there was a dude sitting in the row behind me loudly calling wrestlers by the names they had in WWE (like he called PAC Neville) and talking about how much he hates Kenny Omega and a dude in Cornette shirt few rows back who kept yelling poo poo at the Young Bucks and I'm still not entirely sure why either of them thought it was worth their time and money to go that show

Last time I went to an AEW show it was the one with the Jericho/Ishii match and there was a guy loudly screaming "THIS ISN"T loving WRESTLING" at the top of his lungs the entire goddamn match and I don't know why someone so objectively miserable is paying money to go to a show in the first place

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Drakkel posted:

I don't know why someone so objectively miserable is paying money to go to a show in the first place

Evergreen statement right here. Doesn't just apply to wrestling but man, does it ever apply to wrestling.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The last time I went to an AEW show they spent the whole time talking about attendance and said the wrong Briscoe brother died.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Its not really the same thing but when I went to final battle 22 the two people in the seats next to mine spent Zero Hour and the opening Rush match actively and angrily breaking up with one another, then one of them left and the other kept sitting right next to me despite there now being an empty seat to his right.

Thats going to stay with me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Strong “former Mormon who still thinks exactly like a cult member” vibes from this dude