Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Trying hard not to imagine George Pickens paired with Rashee Rice these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Grittybeard posted:

I guess I don't want him cut right now because who the hell else is there, but I really don't want to see him on the field again. Maybe he can do scout team stuff and help out in some fashion.

I think the punt problems were him getting the yips after screwing up once, but that also doesn't mean you want him out there fielding punts. I don't think he was all that much threat as a returner anyway. Poor guy just can't do anything right, and he's not exactly given the impression that he can do something right with more looks.

The Chiefs have been very good at not scouting receivers they draft or sign other than Rice, who is ok. It's close to a Belichickian level, but at least he could sign free agents or trade for people that worked for a while way back when.

Skyy is small, can't catch, can't jump high (like Tyreek for example who is also short), can't find soft spots in zone, can't get off the line, he kinda has some YAC ability which is I think what got him into the league but how the gently caress do you get him the ball? I have laughed the couple of times we use him as a RB.

Yes the Chiefs have a weird blind spot with WRs Gritty. For some reason they have stocked up on small YAC guys like Moore, Toney, James. Even Rice, its the stuff after the catch that got him to 1k. So the Reid offense tries to get these guys into space and rely on Mahomes processing and throwing ability to become a spectacular YAC merchant. The outside receivers like MVS and Watson aren't good. Watson should be like a WR4 at best.

Missing in the draft is one thing (did get Rice), but KC should have swung and landed on at least on top tier FA WR lately. Hopkins this past offseason, Josh Reynolds last offseason I think, and others I can't remember.

edit: the worst thing about Skyy is he has played so much these past 2 seasons. I am guessing something like 25-40% of offensive snaps. For NOTHING! he's out there doing cardio like someone once said

Pron on VHS fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jan 19, 2024

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

you mean to tell me that Mark Davis did something that wasn't totally loving stupid?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Yeah the fact that Davis signed him makes me wonder what terrible secret he’s harboring to make this a bad hire.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Black Sunshine posted:

Gotcha, I was clearly referring to the crybaby poo poo specifically.

Don't let Mr Logan see that chart, he might crumble into dust since it ruins his gimmick

Or maybe I'm reading the chart wrong and am dumb as gently caress which is a distinct possibility

Either way, Raiders least penalized team this year must hurt his soul

The chart doesn't account for things like uncalled penalties. Refs still scammed the Raiders out of two games this year.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

kiimo posted:

Trying hard not to imagine George Pickens paired with Rashee Rice these days
At best it ends up with Pickens coming back out onto the field wearing no socks after self-ejecting himself.

Knew it was never gonna happen after Marcus Peters.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
The Hall of Fame is good:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
That rules a lot

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Ha, I got confused for a second before realizing the names were at the bottom of the busts and not the top. 'That is not how I remember Ronde Barber or Warren Moon looking.'

I went once when I was a kid but it was before they had all of the fun stuff for kids to do that apparently is there now, and even though I was already a bit of a football geek I don't think I appreciated it as much as I should have.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
I see the Lost Season with No Receivers is proceeding smoothly

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Hardman came back on the roster and almost hosed us so badly

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
How about MVS not dropping either of those deep passes

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Pron on VHS posted:

Why would he? It's the playoffs

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I forgot he’s the hero of the 2022-2023 AFCCG but to be fair he has had a real poo poo season

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

Pron on VHS posted:

Hardman came back on the roster and almost hosed us so badly

He had so much credit in the bank in the post-season for us (in 2019-20 especially) that I am glad that it didn't gently caress us.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
I knew the second Hardman got the ball it wouldn’t go well. Dude just tries to do too much because he has an ego and thinks he’s better than he is. It’s first down just take the yards.

He’s always frustrated me and for every TD he’s scored there’s a muffed punt to go against it.

Hell yeah winning though. Hope Rice isnt too banged up.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
6th playoff game for Mahomes with 70% and multiple TDs. Playoff Mahomes is something else man

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow

Pron on VHS posted:

i took it as read that that was somebody else wearing mvs' shirt.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Pron on VHS posted:

I felt giddy

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Playoff Mahomes + Road Mahomes.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Joe Thuney MRI on a pectoral injury. I am really hoping that is not a tear

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

just what we need

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/AnaheimDucks/status/1749272141953147161

gently caress yeah

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I can't believe this Chiefs team made it to the AFCCG. Holy gently caress, so excited.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
I can't believe the team that's been to 5 consecutive conference championship games actually made it to a 6th consecutive conference championship game.

Those plucky underdogs are at it again!

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
Allegretti must have had a good game subbing in for Thuney at least because no one seemed to notice at the time.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Black Sunshine posted:

Those plucky underdogs are at it again!

How dare I be happy the team that I've cheered for for 30 years made the AFCCG despite all the "this team is bad" doomerism.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

SalTheBard posted:

How dare I be happy the team that I've cheered for for 30 years made the AFCCG despite all the "this team is bad" doomerism.

You made it sound surprising that they made their *checks notes* 6th consecutive conference championship game. The only people doom posting about the Chiefs are Chiefs fans caught up in the same stupid "they never believed in us" bullshit from last year right after winning their 2nd Superbowl in 3 appearances spanning 4 years.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
https://x.com/DannyBKelly/status/1749253580169900175?s=20

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Black Sunshine posted:

You made it sound surprising that they made their *checks notes* 6th consecutive conference championship game. The only people doom posting about the Chiefs are Chiefs fans caught up in the same stupid "they never believed in us" bullshit from last year right after winning their 2nd Superbowl in 3 appearances spanning 4 years.

It was surprising everyone thought the chiefs were dead in the water and the wrs were going to drop every pass

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Black Sunshine posted:

It turns out it is pretty statistically unlikely to make six AFC championships in a row but keep fighting that fight trying to take the jam out of everyone's donut every day. People enjoy wet blanket posting.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Metapod posted:

It was surprising everyone thought the chiefs were dead in the water and the wrs were going to drop every pass

The Chiefs have literally not lost to the Bills in January in my lifetime https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/teamvsteam?opp=4

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

The Chiefs have literally not lost to the Bills in January in my lifetime https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/teamvsteam?opp=4

I don't care about what teams that have nothing to do with yesterday's game did

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Black Sunshine posted:

I understand the Raiders haven't had success since you've been an adult, but lashing out like this is silly.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

No Butt Stuff posted:

I understand the Raiders haven't had success since you've been an adult, but lashing out like this is silly.

They won their Super Bowl on Christmas Day, haven’t you heard

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Rice, Kelce, and Pacheco are more than enough assets for Pat to cook. I don't think anyone's gonna be able to hang from here on out.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I was extremely impressed from the secondary NOT named McDuffie or L'Jarius Sneed.

For how bad we draft receivers I feel like never doubt a Veach secondary draft pick. Edwards and Connor have been nails this season

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Metapod posted:

No one thought Buffalo was going to win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

mmmmmmm I mean let's not completely rewrite history