Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

doos
Jan 1, 2015

anakha posted:

Wonder what form PEDs take in the FF7 universe.

Got dem trenbolone sandwiches on the gold saucer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

doos posted:

Got dem trenbolone sandwiches on the gold saucer

No side bread for Cloud, dude.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

My kingdom for a Swole Up Materia

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I think these games can have genuine value as "something you do casually each day." Star Rail hits the sweet spot with this for me in terms of not demanding much time. I only play it on my phone/tablet, generally while laying in bed in the evening.

It's basically like a weird sort of "serialized game."

(I'm not referring to the actual gacha part, that's an irredeemably bad/harmful mechanic in all scenarios. But the basic concept of a GaaS thing that you play a little each day is fine)

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
This game was just canceled for "lack of interest" :(

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Fedule posted:

Is it just me who when clicking through to twitter gets served ads for a crypto coin called ZKFAIR or

Look at this guy still using the Nazi site

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Going to work on some gaming homework before Remake hits, or at least as much as I can before Infinite Wealth comes out.

I need to play the Yuffie DLC and Crisis Core, also maybe go through the hard mode chapters possibly.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Wrapped up my Remake playthrough earlier this evening, so I can take my time picking at Intergrade before Granblue comes out.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

fort condor

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

The debat

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Vitamean posted:

fort condor

Genuinely loved what they did with fort condor from top to bottom

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

nine-gear crow posted:

Forgotten Capital. They've said it several times now, the climax of the game is going to be Aerith's death(?) scene, of which they have also been strongly hinting is going to go off the rails spectacularly.

Sephiroth will be falling from the.. uh the roof? I've no idea where he comes from in that cutscene and the game will end on the most agonising cliffhanger ever.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Shoehead posted:

Sephiroth will be falling from the.. uh the roof? I've no idea where he comes from in that cutscene and the game will end on the most agonising cliffhanger ever.

it happens in a basement at the bottom of a big staircase so presumably he just jumps from up there
also he logically must have blocked the entrance with the giant fish statue which he then removed while you were sleeping, and then replaced after you left, which all supports my personal belief that his primary motivation throughout the entire story was just loving with cloud personally and the becoming god stuff was kind of a side thing

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nojima's gonna have a funny little idea about the story again and Santa's gonna save Sephiroth from Jenova in the third game.

Just gonna pull him out of it like Spider-Man ripping Eddy Brock out of Venom in Spider-Man 3

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

Nojima's gonna have a funny little idea about the story again and Santa's gonna save Sephiroth from Jenova in the third game.

Just gonna pull him out of it like Spider-Man ripping Eddy Brock out of Venom in Spider-Man 3

Given the ending of Remake, I would not be surprised if they actually try to redeem Sephiroth somehow.

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!
Currently playing through FF7R despite buying it for PS5 in 2021. I think I'm in the optional 'pile of sidequests before the final area' section before the Shinra building.

The Battle engine is brilliant in how it combines real time combat with RPG active time battle elements, but story and character wise... eh

I found some unintentional hilarity in Wedge running back into the slums when the pillar was collapsing to save his three weirdly identical calico cats and then getting crushed by the plate.
And, of course, the writers will bring him (and probably Biggs and Jessie) back despite their dying on screen.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Sephiroth didnt even kill aeris in the first game, why would he in the remake?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Sephiroth's monster

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Aerith is going to kill Sephiroth and become the villain

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

...! posted:

Sephaerith

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

cock hero flux posted:

it happens in a basement at the bottom of a big staircase so presumably he just jumps from up there
also he logically must have blocked the entrance with the giant fish statue which he then removed while you were sleeping, and then replaced after you left, which all supports my personal belief that his primary motivation throughout the entire story was just loving with cloud personally and the becoming god stuff was kind of a side thing

Lotta of new options for loving with Cloud if your god, you know

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Cloud, Aerith and Sephiroth have a gang bang. Then Zack walks in. END OF GAME 2.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Zack will shove Aerith out of the way at the last second and be killed in her place

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

...! posted:

My uncle washes Nomura's car and he told me Aerith is going to turn around at the last second and impale Sephiroth on her middle finger as he falls.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

...! posted:

Zack will shove Aerith out of the way at the last second and be killed in her place

Zack, before getting impaled: “C’mon, man”

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
Sephiroth: Where the hell did you come out of?
Zack (with his dying breath): Me? Gon... gaga.

The Unknown Journey Will Continue

Directed by
Tetsuya Nomura

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Vitamean posted:

fort condor

I think I started to do Intergrade on hard and got to Sector 7 where I played Fort Condor hard mode with everyone and finally managed to beat the best player and then put it down and didn’t finish the actual game on hard lol

I’m also not sure if I should attempt the grimdark edgelord super bosses, I’d also have to go back and get the final two manuscripts for Cloud (from the alternate Wall Market side quest route on hard) and I can’t be bothered. Maybe I’ll do it to prep for Rebirth.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

...! posted:

No!! Aerith would never betray Tifa like this

Unless....Tifa is also a villain?!

...!
Oct 5, 2003

It's going to turn out that the party has actually been fighting clones that Sephiroth is controlling remotely and that the real Sephiroth is trapped in the North Crater

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I wish games weren't so expensive and complicated to make. I wish the remake series could go off the loving rails with a spin off game and everyone tangentially related to Final Fantasy got in. Nier Automata, Dragon Quest X, Monster Hunter: World, etc. Including all the other poo poo they've done in the past. Monster Hunter means Resident Evil gets in and we can have Leon S. Kennedy and Dante from the Devil May Cry series with materia equipped to their guns. Go all out on it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

No!! Aerith would never betray Tifa like this

Unless....Tifa is also a villain?!

The Corneo Mansion team up was foreshadowing. Aerith and Tifa joining forces to destroy everyone who stands in their way. We stan our killer queens.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

RareAcumen posted:

I wish games weren't so expensive and complicated to make. I wish the remake series could go off the loving rails with a spin off game and everyone tangentially related to Final Fantasy got in. Nier Automata, Dragon Quest X, Monster Hunter: World, etc. Including all the other poo poo they've done in the past. Monster Hunter means Resident Evil gets in and we can have Leon S. Kennedy and Dante from the Devil May Cry series with materia equipped to their guns. Go all out on it.

*every character from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE jrpg*

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Man there are so many good story beats in Crisis Core. Sephiroth being actually kind of a warm person and slowly losing all his friends to weird experiments really helps explain why he goes nuts in the Mansion basement, Zack finally getting 1st class after Angeal dies and addressing the 2nd and 3rd recruits with this hardness in his voice (this was the psp ver), Zack and Aerith dating. Zack and Cloud bonding. I had just assumed because of Genesis cloning himself and going weird and talking past people constantly that CC was just Dirge of Cerberus level bad. It's a shame the game is kind of a pain to play, tbh... But it has me excited for more Zack later

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Crisis Core had a nice mix of good, bad, and weird that make me remember it fondly without really caring to try and revisit it, but I did really like how they used Zack's limit break slot machine breaking down in his last stand.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

...! posted:

It's going to turn out that the party has actually been fighting clones that Sephiroth is controlling remotely and that the real Sephiroth is trapped in the North Crater

Wow that would be crazy!

theysayheygreg
Oct 5, 2010

some rusty fish

...! posted:

I think you might be onto something

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013

Shoehead posted:

Sephiroth being actually kind of a warm person and slowly losing all his friends to weird experiments really helps explain why he goes nuts in the Mansion basement,

I haven't been playing Ever Crisis, but the bits that I've seen with Young Sephiroth seem to continue to play into this. That he's a Genetic Freak and Not Normal, but he so desperately wants to be, and his life and the circumstances of his birth just won't ever allow him to be happy until it finally breaks him. Like, there's a lot wrong with the FFVII EU, but its fleshing out of Sephiroth as an actual character I feel has been consistently one of its strong points.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, I think "Sephiroth was a human being" makes the Nibelheim collapse a lot more effective vs "Sephiroth was already kind of hosed up."

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Sephiroth will accuse Cloud of being woke. Some people will not react well to this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, I think "Sephiroth was a human being" makes the Nibelheim collapse a lot more effective vs "Sephiroth was already kind of hosed up."

Wasn't that always the implication, though, even in the OG?