Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Eat This Glob posted:

he genuinely had no idea how to operate the dishwasher and flooded the kitchen with bubbles since he used regular dawn dish soap instead of the dishwasher powder/gel (easy mistake if you don't know)

I did that once! It makes an absolutely epic mess and I feel really bad for anyone who’s never seen it. In my defense I think I was 8 years old at the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I did that once! It makes an absolutely epic mess and I feel really bad for anyone who’s never seen it. In my defense I think I was 8 years old at the time

everyones done it once. or twice. its perfectly natural and very very funny

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
"oh no theres soap water on the floor" its called a free mopping sesh. the ground is cleaner now. BRAVO

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Mountain dew VIP early access for sodastream is here!

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

How in the hell is the US the last country to get Mountain Dew SodaStream syrup? You can import a bottle from loving Bhutan

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
they withheld it from the US until a critical moment to ensure unconditional support of israel. The US is currently bombing yemen to secure baja blast syrup

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Ruffian Price posted:

How in the hell is the US the last country to get Mountain Dew SodaStream syrup? You can import a bottle from loving Bhutan

Americans can't be trusted with the dew

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Dew the Dew sounds suspiciously like not working and Ameripigs can't fathom this, time was needed to prepare the proppy.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Smythe posted:

everyones done it once. or twice. its perfectly natural and very very funny

guess I'm built different

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Ruffian Price posted:

israelis holding out on us

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
joe biden: "with this atomic bombing of gaza we have secured the mtn dew"

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
i ran the numbers once and you don't actually save on the at home carbonator unless you're drinking like 4 liters a day, at least for pepsi syrup.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

you save a bunch of plastic and the carbon it takes to ship it around though

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
i just make seltzer water the old fashioned way because i'm a huge dork

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Peanut President posted:

i just make seltzer water the old fashioned way because i'm a huge dork

Having your butler do it?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
that goon who rigged his soda stream to use the industrial sized CO2 cylinder ftw

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

that’s pretty common, isn’t it? I did that with my not-Soda-Stream and there were tons of kits and instructions available

(I mean like a 3-foot-tall tank, maybe you mean something larger by “industrial”)

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Subjunctive posted:

that’s pretty common, isn’t it? I did that with my not-Soda-Stream and there were tons of kits and instructions available

(I mean like a 3-foot-tall tank, maybe you mean something larger by “industrial”)

how bout you eat my rear end pal

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

how bout you eat my rear end pal

I think that’s less common

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

industrial-sized military-grade rear end

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Ruffian Price posted:

I could not confirm any of those figures, the difference is less significant but the entirety of English language Netflix in 2022 was indeed fewer titles than a single video rental store

This is also what drove the B movie trends, before that it was the drive-in. Polonia Bros would never have made movies if not for Blockbuster desperately needing more cheap movies to fill out the shelves. Sure, the movies are hot garbage, but they were fun. Also it provided a way for people to get into film and gain some experience outside the traditional studio system.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
man, poo poo is loving bleak. I just had an ops call and it was mentioned my company now has a solidarity fund. I think it's cool as a concept, and these things should exist more, but we're a fortune 500 international company worth many billions. Why the gently caress does it fall on employees to make other employees whole and provide the free labor necessary to implement this?

I hate how much capitalism ruins everything and perverts basic compassion into shareholder value.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Virtual Russian posted:

This is also what drove the B movie trends, before that it was the drive-in. Polonia Bros would never have made movies if not for Blockbuster desperately needing more cheap movies to fill out the shelves. Sure, the movies are hot garbage, but they were fun. Also it provided a way for people to get into film and gain some experience outside the traditional studio system.

Now they have 400 million streaming services wanting to pretend like they have original content worth watching so like idk I think there's still prolly plenty of opportunities to make B-movies

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
It's also way easier to make them. To be less of a downer, Jason Trost basically puts out a movie every 2-3 years and his microbudget films tend to have better production values than some of the old Orion films. He started making movies because he couldn't get many acting jobs due to his missing eye. He's conventionally attractive, but has anecdotes about audition feedback where they thought his eyepatch was a gimmick or flair.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

500excf type r posted:

Historically "mens guides to being a man" have always placed lots of importance on being able to cook specifically because it is an indication of being able to take care of yourself which is attractive to a potential partner. Not being able to cook is a red flag for "guy that needs a mother because he never learned basic skills" and will always require his partner to be his mother.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

that goon who rigged his soda stream to use the industrial sized CO2 cylinder ftw

:cool:

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Coolness Averted posted:

man, poo poo is loving bleak. I just had an ops call and it was mentioned my company now has a solidarity fund. I think it's cool as a concept, and these things should exist more, but we're a fortune 500 international company worth many billions. Why the gently caress does it fall on employees to make other employees whole and provide the free labor necessary to implement this?

I hate how much capitalism ruins everything and perverts basic compassion into shareholder value.

we dont pay you all enough but maybe if you pool your resources together you can make up for it

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

we dont pay you all enough but maybe if you pool your resources together you can make up for it

please join together in solidarity to help your fellow coworker but please don't form a union. tia.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Made yeast bread last night, it *was* badass!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Subjunctive posted:

you save a bunch of plastic and the carbon it takes to ship it around though

nah i burp that out no matter where the sodas from

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Subjunctive posted:

Having your butler do it?

seltzer bottle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBSKEht7SU8

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
That's a lot of little c02 cylinders. I don't think they're recyclable here with the usual home collection run by the council. Do you have to take them somewhere specific? All our post offices and 7 eleven take and sell Soda stream cylinders.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Bald Stalin posted:

That's a lot of little c02 cylinders. I don't think they're recyclable here with the usual home collection run by the council. Do you have to take them somewhere specific? All our post offices and 7 eleven take and sell Soda stream cylinders.

Those are a super rip off. Just do the mod and use unbranded CO2.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

you can get a 5gal keg, regulator, 5lb co tank, and hoses for under $200, and you don't have to throw any of it in the trash when it's empty. one weird trick to not paying proprietary subscription prices to israel for fizzy water

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Those are a super rip off. Just do the mod and use unbranded CO2.

Oh yeh no I know, I meant OPs old fashioned seltzer bottle with those tiny little canisters that look like whippits but don't let you discover the meaning of the universe for 20 seconds.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Coolness Averted posted:

listen up bud, its been on the employees to make other employees whole and provide the labor (either pro bono or otherwise) the whole time

the purpose of the solidarity fund isnt to invent that, because doubtless it was already happening

it's to take the solidarity and support of labor to labor and put it under the thumb of the bosses

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

We have started a new official labor solidarity fund please do not google the words labor solidarity

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Bald Stalin posted:

its like one little metal recyclable cartridge every 2 days which is a hell of a lot easier on the environment (and pocket book) than a plastic bottle whose proceeds go to the idf baby killers

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
just drink water

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Peanut President posted:

its like one little metal recyclable cartridge every 2 days which is a hell of a lot easier on the environment (and pocket book) than a plastic bottle whose proceeds go to the idf baby killers

Soda stream bottles here are made from metal. I'm surprised they're using plastic where you are, would have thought it's more efficient to use the same bottles. Can't recycle the little cartridges here unfortunately, and they weren't in San Francisco either. I don't own a soda stream though.

other people posted:

just drink water

This is the correct answer if we're really concerned with unnecessary carbon emissions