Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
clearly the solution is to rename it Pistol, and make the sprite be a fully modern handgun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

death cob for cutie posted:

I cannot think of a single game I've played where "hand cannon" is not a big loving pistol of some kind

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'm too busy being mad about ogres being gone to care about hand cannons

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

SirSamVimes posted:

they basically just gave them horns and better mace aptitude so i wouldn't really consider them gone

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

SirSamVimes posted:

Oni sound loving sick though and I'm okay replacing every species with super powered evil versions

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

cock hero flux posted:

they basically just gave them horns and better mace aptitude so i wouldn't really consider them gone

Why not just give the better mace apt and drunken swing to ogres though

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Because idk crawl dev logic. Probably the same logic where they kept Abyss being the objectively wordt branch for multiple patches

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

cock hero flux posted:

Particularly when it also is supposed to be some weird alchemical thing that shoots full-sized crossbow bolts by detonating magic purple powder.
Sorry but this sounds sick as hell. It's like it's still a hand crossbow but now it's powder-actuated.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Sorry but this sounds sick as hell. It's like it's still a hand crossbow but now it's powder-actuated.

it is actually pretty cool and they made it actually leave smoke clouds around when you shoot them

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

cock hero flux posted:

Particularly when it also is supposed to be some weird alchemical thing that shoots full-sized crossbow bolts by detonating magic purple powder.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Guns firing arrows is sick as hell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA-So7KN7XE

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

https://github.com/crawl/crawl/commit/36f0627844f3a8b693f1df855f12752ef148a723

Manifold Assault will trigger more unrandart effects. Time to roll a mummy warper and find scepter of torment! I don't believe there is a better combo than Manifold + Snakebite because you can apply a ton of magical effects on targets in 0.5 aut then explode them with Yara's Violent Unraveling but multiple torments while rolling with immunity sounds so nice

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
had a really embarrassing death where orbs of fire spammed malmutate so much that I lost all the rF Jiyva had so graciously provided me, and missed it in the message spam. Was very confused why the orb that got me was so much tough than the ones I had tabbed through and didn't figure it out till I was looking at the morgue file.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
edit: lol wrong thread, whoops.

Serephina fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Dec 25, 2023

Itaipava
Jun 24, 2007
Wow guess the game changed way more than I expected

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

had a really embarrassing death where orbs of fire spammed malmutate so much that I lost all the rF Jiyva had so graciously provided me, and missed it in the message spam. Was very confused why the orb that got me was so much tough than the ones I had tabbed through and didn't figure it out till I was looking at the morgue file.

This is why I can never play characters that rely on mutation resists, I always end up dying to something dumb like that

Serephina posted:

Re-asking a question that I never really got a great answer for:

What the hell is the EPC Overcharger OC good for? Especially now with flying nightmare dealing heat damage and therefore able to effectively one-shot grunt waves, I don't see any point to the OC, even for 'vanilla' charged shots (whatever you'd use those for, too)

Wrong dungeon branch, bud.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Oni drunken brawl has changed my mind about potion quaffing at low-HP. I really want to try and get the autumn katana on this character. Has anyone ever used that weapon with Wu Jian? Does the Manifold Assault trigger on whirlwind attacks? Because if so, and it does the same trigger on drunken swing, I'll be playing this species for a long time! Dark Maul is another big pickup for this species I'd guess.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

parthenocarpy posted:

Oni drunken brawl has changed my mind about potion quaffing at low-HP. I really want to try and get the autumn katana on this character. Has anyone ever used that weapon with Wu Jian? Does the Manifold Assault trigger on whirlwind attacks? Because if so, and it does the same trigger on drunken swing, I'll be playing this species for a long time! Dark Maul is another big pickup for this species I'd guess.

honestly i think your best bet is just a giant spiked club because on turns you're not chugging it'd be better and the chug-cleave of a +9 giant club is still enough to splatter everything

they should just make it trigger on every potion, really, so that there could finally be someone who could actually use potions of degeneration for something.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Oni^Gozag should be able to swing a Dark Maul three times in 1AUT with a Curing/Heal Wounds/Magic potion petition. I found the Frostbite axe which is giving me smite targeted freezing clouds with Manifold Assault.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

I’m sure as hell not going to pull my weight between work and family, but 0.31 tourney starts tomorrow if anyone want to form a goon team and knock off a few points

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

I’m sure as hell not going to pull my weight between work and family, but 0.31 tourney starts tomorrow if anyone want to form a goon team and knock off a few points

oh poo poo i'm down

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
Lol the hand cannon thing reminds me when they changed bats to megabats back in like 0.8 or so. The more things change. Think it reverted in. 9.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

EightFlyingCars posted:

oh poo poo i'm down

Alright, team SummonAwfulThings is officially in business. You can add

# TEAMCAPTAIN PakistaniPitt

as the first line in your 0.31 RC file

Lmk your name.. I play on CKO but I don't think we have to be on the same server? 4 more slots !

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
gently caress I've been playing trunk for so long that I didn't see that .31 was out

maybe I'll get a win! a while ago I actually went on a streak of 2 so here's hoping

can't add myself to a team until Saturday I think so if the current team fills up we can do another. can someone remind me how long tournaments run?

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

Alright, team SummonAwfulThings is officially in business. You can add

# TEAMCAPTAIN PakistaniPitt

as the first line in your 0.31 RC file

Lmk your name.. I play on CKO but I don't think we have to be on the same server? 4 more slots !

i'm Tommu on CAO! we can play on whichever servers we each want, so that's not gonna be a problem.

let's see if i can't snag another 15 runer

e: iiii forgot my password lmaoooooo

EightFlyingCars fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jan 19, 2024

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

EightFlyingCars posted:

i'm Tommu on CAO! we can play on whichever servers we each want, so that's not gonna be a problem.

let's see if i can't snag another 15 runer

e: iiii forgot my password lmaoooooo

You are added

gently caress I've been playing trunk for so long that I didn't see that .31 was out

maybe I'll get a win! a while ago I actually went on a streak of 2 so here's hoping

can't add myself to a team until Saturday I think so if the current team fills up we can do another. can someone remind me how long tournaments run?

imo I say join this team I may very well not do anything before Saturday. up to you.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Put me down for the DCSS tourney, as Vadun

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

how the heck do you recover a password to a server anyway, or do i just have to roll a new account?

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Vadun posted:

Put me down for the DCSS tourney, as Vadun

You're in.

EightFlyingCars posted:

how the heck do you recover a password to a server anyway, or do i just have to roll a new account?

So... CKO has a "Forgot Password" link in the upper-right... CAO doesn't appear to.. what the hell.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

DCSS is small enough you could probably just reach out.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

I’ll join the team! Username is Stoats

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

tote up a bags posted:

I’ll join the team! Username is Stoats

Stoats, you're totes in.

2 spots left!

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I'm in SummonAwfulThings, username is "epsilonplus"

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007
If there's still a slot I want it! Username is puppykicker

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

ran into 'serial_library_hellmonk_octagon' on D7, loving insane. 2 kobold demonologists and a deep elf pyromancer that I saw. Killed off my first promising dude.

lol nevermind, tourney doesn't start for 4 minutes

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

I'm in SummonAwfulThings, username is "epsilonplus"

Mortimer Knag posted:

If there's still a slot I want it! Username is puppykicker

code:
# TEAMNAME SummonAwfulThings
# TEAMMEMBERS Tommu Vadun Stoats epsilonplus puppykicker
Thats a full team. Unfortunately I still have to work but hoping I can get a lot more play than previous tournies this time around, should be fun y'all.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

So how do we feel about armataur regen on rampage? I feel like if you could get a character that could reliably cast Swiftness it might be cool to pingpong between enemies

or, ooh, Wu Jian is cool with rampages now...

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007
Goddamn, I am so bad at this game now, and at playing a cinder acolyte. I keep abandoning ignis too early but I'm worried about waiting too long to switch and gimping myself. I guess switching to usk would be perfect, right?

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

me: i hate this new attack of opportunity system
crawl devs: ok random movement is back and attacks of opportunity are still a thing
me: no this isn't what i wanted

Janissary Hop fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jan 19, 2024

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

So how do we feel about armataur regen on rampage? I feel like if you could get a character that could reliably cast Swiftness it might be cool to pingpong between enemies

or, ooh, Wu Jian is cool with rampages now...

It is absolutely insane, like getting free Ambrosia healing without the confusion. I had fifteen regen per turn with gear at one point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

perfluorosapien
Aug 15, 2015

Oven Wrangler
Started a new casual tournament clan, since PakistaniPitt's is full now

Let me know if you'd like to join MasterfullyIllustrated_GrenadeLogo

code:
# TEAMCAPTAIN offering