Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

So I rolled a pair of pants with 4 basically perfect resistance rolls and relied on those to cover all of my resistances. But now however I got Tibault's Will and really wanna slot that in but it means I basically have to get new gear for all my slots to put my resistances somewhere else.

gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Boots are a good spot for triple resists, or double if you need resource cost reduction

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
You can also get a fair amount of resistances from the paragon boards if you tweak your build there a bit.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I'm most excited to use my freebie battle pass on that sweet armor.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
Get hosed Lilith. Season complete

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

MJBuddy posted:

Get hosed Lilith. Season complete

Congrats. She's a real bitch

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

MrMidnight posted:

Congrats. She's a real bitch

I basically got consistent through phase one and then would insta die on each part of phase 3 once. Took about 14 tries today but pretty quick failures.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Dudeman's predictions on how different builds will compare to each other in S3

Meteor Sorc looks like it'll be absurdly fun

Big disclaimer to his tiering is that we don't know how much the Zoltun KulleBot will benefit each build.

poop chute
Nov 16, 2023

by Athanatos

Suburban Dad posted:

Lol blizzard. I will continue to play the fun Diablo, Diablo 3. I'm amazed at the lack of pace for updates. I thought they were going to try to go all in and try to be a real POE competitor in regards to seasonal content but all so far have been so lackluster and barebones. I did have some fun with the vampire one but there are still so many core issues I have with the game to actually be worth playing again.

I would love to play POE instead of d4 but the skill tree is frankly too intimidating and the skill gems or whatever are hard for a new player to make good choices about when starting out, imo, and it’s just kind of a bummer.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

poop chute posted:

I would love to play POE instead of d4 but the skill tree is frankly too intimidating and the skill gems or whatever are hard for a new player to make good choices about when starting out, imo, and it’s just kind of a bummer.

We love new players in the thread, come over and say hi. This is a good time since the league is really good but also posters are going less hard than they were a month ago so we have lots of time to answer questions

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
POE is too much to learn for me as late as I started it, even if people are helpful there's just a ton of time figuring out how poo poo works. And I'm not running the long rear end campaign again. I'm glad they decided to make POE2 its own separate game because then I can start from the beginning and not with 10 years of systems bolted onto it. Last Epoch also goes into 1.0 soon but won't be on console right away so I'll wait for that. People are weird about D3 though, I figure I'm never gonna play that again between D4 and D2R.

In any case, I skipped D4 S2 so I'm in for S3. Gonna try a bow rogue since I haven't done that yet. Glad to see helltides are (almost) always up now! I figure we won't get a real endgame until the first expansion at least, but I wish they would add more skills/gear each season.

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

I too don't want to play a good game. And thus I toil with Diablo 4

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Just play LE if you're looking for a good ARPG that's not super complicated. As an added the bonus the multiplayer doesn't work so you don't have to deal with other people!

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<
S3 looks meh as hell. I don’t know what I wanted but everything so far has looked resoundingly mediocre. Hope it plays better than it looks.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

ultrachrist posted:

POE is too much to learn for me as late as I started it, even if people are helpful there's just a ton of time figuring out how poo poo works. And I'm not running the long rear end campaign again. I'm glad they decided to make POE2 its own separate game because then I can start from the beginning and not with 10 years of systems bolted onto it. Last Epoch also goes into 1.0 soon but won't be on console right away so I'll wait for that. People are weird about D3 though, I figure I'm never gonna play that again between D4 and D2R.

In any case, I skipped D4 S2 so I'm in for S3. Gonna try a bow rogue since I haven't done that yet. Glad to see helltides are (almost) always up now! I figure we won't get a real endgame until the first expansion at least, but I wish they would add more skills/gear each season.

you can just pick the 1-2 mechanics you like and learn those, then trade for the stuff from the mechanics you don't like or don't want to do. in fact, it's recommended to do so. I have closing in on 6000 hours in the game and there's mechanics in the game that I simply didn't bother doing even once, because it looked unfun from my perspective. if you're concerned about loving up your build, just follow a build guide for your first character.

poop chute
Nov 16, 2023

by Athanatos

External Organs posted:

We love new players in the thread, come over and say hi. This is a good time since the league is really good but also posters are going less hard than they were a month ago so we have lots of time to answer questions

I’ve tried it a few times and I don’t think you could answer enough questions for me to get my head around it. The only times I came close were back when someone did a literal step by step campaign guide walking through it for a couple different builds and telling you how to spec and why and the rewards, but he stopped after the Tencent deal.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Suburban Dad posted:

Lol blizzard. I will continue to play the fun Diablo, Diablo 3. I'm amazed at the lack of pace for updates. I thought they were going to try to go all in and try to be a real POE competitor in regards to seasonal content but all so far have been so lackluster and barebones. I did have some fun with the vampire one but there are still so many core issues I have with the game to actually be worth playing again.

With the plan of a paid xpack a year you aren't going to see good poo poo for free lol

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The most fun I had with a diabloalike was that weird one based around high tech norse mythology that microsoft made, too human I think it was called.

Flopped like a shithouse commercially, but I liked it :(

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Torchlight 1 was really fun.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I have a real soft spot for Torchlight, because I played a lot of Fate as a kid

I'm playing Torchlight 2 on the Xbox, it is a good game and scales really well all the way to level cap

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

poop chute posted:

100%. I have a couple hundred hours playing POE and I had no idea what I was doing and have zero desire to play it again. I will try POE2 when the time comes, though. I just thought D4 was pitched to be having way more content each season like POE does, but maybe that's unrealistic expectation. The first few just seem to have been pretty lackluster, even though I did enjoy season 2 somewhat.

flashman posted:

With the plan of a paid xpack a year you aren't going to see good poo poo for free lol
And they probably won't see me, either. :v: If it sounds good though and seems well received then we'll see.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
POE is simply too ugly for me to play.

:agesilaus:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

D4 definitely seems like more of a game that someone can at least progress through and finish the campaign without having to touch a single forum or subreddit to make a functional build.

PoE was an impenetrable mess when I played it. I'm sure it's better now, but it's definitely not a game that a normal human being can expect to approach without doing research on what everything is.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The problem with PoE is no one can just give me a clear answer - IS it good? Is it better than Diablo four?!

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The problem with PoE is no one can just give me a clear answer - IS it good? Is it better than Diablo four?!

[bravely] No.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Answer for casual player: No
Answer for poopsockers: Yes

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Last Epoch 1.0 is gonna own, but in the meantime will play season 3 and can hopefully have the time to finish the season pass before LE launches.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I really wish Last Epoch just felt better. I enjoyed it well enough and will probably play it again at some point, but after the feel of D4 it's hard to be excited about it.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Tokubetsu posted:

POE is simply too ugly for me to play.

:agesilaus:

There's actually a guide to helping with this, here you go: https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000209.htm

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What i'm really looking forward to and will replace everything else, is Titan Quest 2.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I said come in! posted:

What i'm really looking forward to and will replace everything else, is Titan Quest 2.

correct

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

I'm just looking forward to meaningful updates, an actual endgame, loot that isn't poo poo, getting my money's worth

Nevermind I got to buy the expansion

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Somebody's got a case of the Poor Me's

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

Calling this game what it is and what it lacks, is not a Poor Me.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Yeah, these updates make me curious about what’s changed but not excited enough to actually want to play. I made it to level 30ish in season 1 and level 50ish in season 2 before i got bored and went back to poe.

The devs seem to be [slowly] fixing some problems, but they should be fixing things in addition to adding things because:

The game just needs more to do if they want to maintain engagement. More skills, more skill modifiers, more uniques, more aspects, more bosses, more (and less repetitive) NMDs, more challenges, more gear upgrade paths, more crafting, more minigames, more story, etc etc

Anyway, there’s my pre-seasonal plea to Blizz to make this game better.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I said come in! posted:

TQ2 is not being made by the devs who made TQ1 or any of its expansions. Instead it’s being made by the developers behind Spellforce 3 which was.. also pretty good?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Hit Man posted:

Calling this game what it is and what it lacks, is not a Poor Me.

that's just the thread weirdo

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

If y'all really want an authentic old school arpg experience, I suggest the goon-run Diablo 2 Eastern Sun server. A fresh revamp just dropped with brand new Uber dungeons that drop even more broken powerful loot. Screw poe, go get dstoned.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

hawowanlawow posted:

that's just the thread, weirdo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

TQ2 is not being made by the devs who made TQ1 or any of its expansions. Instead it’s being made by the developers behind Spellforce 3 which was.. also pretty good?

That makes me nervous a bit, and also they are under Embracer. :( Spellforce 3 was apparently good, but I would rather the original team.