Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

kalel posted:

saw LOTR return of the King in the theatre

what else is there to say? one of the best genre sagas ever put to film. and I don't care that an entire country was sacrificed at the altar of capitalism to make it; in fact I'm glad of it

Yeah but all of Tolkien's stuff is public domain in NZ now so they could easily get the last laugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Kingo Ligma posted:

He already came back with one of your denser popstars and moved in one suburb over from me (way too close)

Rita Ora is not Canadian!

Canada already has a lot to answer for

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

priznat posted:

Rita Ora is not Canadian!

Canada already has a lot to answer for

Always learning things in the RLM thread

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

that canada has a lot to answer for is common knowledge

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Oh boy, True Detective just went full on 'memberberries for S1.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Mordja posted:

In a.. good way? (lol)

I haven't watched S4 yet kinda waiting to hear if it's worthwhile

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Just taking a note from Disney and building on the True Detective Cinematic Universe (TDCU)

After ep 10, Rust Cohle is gonna ask Danvers to join the True Detective Initiative

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

if you're not allowed to crib from ligotti anymore, just crib from the season where you cribbed from ligotti :chord:

UseTheFarceLuke
Jan 22, 2024

Somebody fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Jan 22, 2024

UseTheFarceLuke
Jan 22, 2024

Somebody fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Jan 22, 2024

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I thought Shazam: Fury of the Gods was pretty good, for what it was (A DC super hero sequel). I liked the first one too.

I was legit shocked how violent and relatively brutal Fury of the Gods was. For a super hero movie about kid super heroes!

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Reading the post about Shazam 2, I was at first shocked that it had already come out, then I remembered that I actually watched it and completely forgot (to be fair, I was working on the plane).

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I forgot that a second Doctor Strange movie had come out and I got it blended together in my mind with AntMan Quantumaniamalamadingdong

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

At the risk of this becoming my signature bit….

There was a doctor strange 2?!?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

poisonpill posted:

At the risk of this becoming my signature bit….

There was a doctor strange 2?!?

Yeah, Wanda was the bad guy.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

They had Patrick Stewart Professor X and when he rolled onscreen they played a couple bars of the the '90s cartoon music.

Then they had the Illuminati and said "incursion" and I was very excited.

Then they all died, so I went and did something else.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

They brought Stewart's Professor X back after Logan? Lame af

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

bitterandtwisted posted:

You say lame I say coolest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1NlQ0uepOk

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

bitterandtwisted posted:

they all get killed by the end of the scene.

also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYtK9gC1QHE

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

bitterandtwisted posted:

Easily handwaved away if desired by multi-dimensional hi jinks.

LovelyLooker
Jan 22, 2024

Somebody fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jan 22, 2024

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

What really pissed me off though is the fact that they described an incursion as the result of the boundry between 2 universes becoming too thin and one entering into the other which might cause one or both the be eliminated when in actuality it's a phenomenon specifically centered around Earth where the 2 Earths are exposed to the other and if one isn't blown up then both universes are destroyed due to the beyonders getting bored with all these multiverses.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Not that comics survived Disney.

Look at this!

Also I think they are running a story called DARK X-MEN at the same time.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Jonny Nox posted:

They had Patrick Stewart Professor X and when he rolled onscreen they played a couple bars of the the '90s cartoon music.

Then they had the Illuminati and said "incursion" and I was very excited.

Then they all died, so I went and did something else.

Wanda gruesomely murdering all the alt-universe Avengers was great

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
I really like Patrick Stewart on American dad

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

1glitch0 posted:

He also married into the loving Vanderbilt family so he probably lost the urge to work really hard.

I'm glad Chris Hardwick managed to fully secure the bag so he could stop his mercenary attempts to ride nerd culture to fame and riches. Of all the C-listers in the 2010s who tried to build a career off of saying "I'm a nerd just like you!", he was by far the most transparently fake.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

priznat posted:

Well thanks for Sam Neil and Karl Urban at least.

Come get your Waititi though he seems off now

This is Lucy Lawless erasure!

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
The Benchwarmers is one of the blandest of the Happy Madison films. It stars Rob Schneider as the awesome chillbro super athlete in a role clearly written for Adam Sandler. Also has David Spade as a pervy incel and Napoleon Dynamite going full-simple jack. Craig Kilborn is the forgettable vanilla antagonist.
It just meanders for a really long time and the lesson is you should be nice to geeks or something. A good movie to drift off to sleep to.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

https://youtu.be/YLsx8AFd0V4?si=hIB9oGPn-3R30FtK

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mordja posted:

I'm not feeling this new season at all so far.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

Wanda gruesomely murdering all the alt-universe Avengers was great

You can tell where the studio insisted they needed to set up a character with her AU version because it went from creative and brutal deaths to a very generic Energy Beam Battle

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Strange 2 was kind of fun in the sense of just watching Sam Raimi screw around with a big budget for 2 hours. Not a particularly good movie other than that though.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
Dr Strange 2 is a cool movie to watch while taking shrooms, almost as good as Speed Racer

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i thought it was a little weird when dr strange said 'looks like you're about to get some strange' and then had sex but w/e

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Sir Lemming posted:

Strange 2 was kind of fun in the sense of just watching Sam Raimi screw around with a big budget for 2 hours. Not a particularly good movie other than that though.

Evil Dead 2 : Drag Me to Hell :: Raimi's Spiderman : Dr Strange 2.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
No Darkman? Shameful.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Lol

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Vakal posted:

No Darkman? Shameful.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analogy#Logic

i thought it was clever and agree

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Jonny Nox posted:

What really pissed me off though is the fact that they described an incursion as the result of the boundry between 2 universes becoming too thin and one entering into the other which might cause one or both the be eliminated when in actuality it's a phenomenon specifically centered around Earth where the 2 Earths are exposed to the other and if one isn't blown up then both universes are destroyed due to the beyonders getting bored with all these multiverses.
Yeah!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

priznat posted:

In a.. good way? (lol)

I haven't watched S4 yet kinda waiting to hear if it's worthwhile

That same exact spiral shape just became a major plot point, with some lady who can see ghosts saying it's "older than the ice" and it's all but confirmed that her dead lover was Rust's dad. Also, the "Tuttle Corporation" has been brought up as the group funding weird experiments.