Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Why is half the posts in the thread gamergate lite right now?

what does that mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
chudtendo

euroshopper
Aug 14, 2021

stux is ian miles cheong yes

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
stux has never once complained about ants

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
i bet there are ants in Horizon...

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

euroshopper posted:

You're kicking an ants nest with this comment

Soul Dentist fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jan 22, 2024

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
horizon forbidden west is one of the worst games this generation and we can only hope its sequel will be worse still, and released alongside an even better game

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

fuckin excuse me? Where?

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

they don't know what gamergate is, and they have AIDS. you hate to see it

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

An Actual Princess posted:

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

wow TotK rules so far. Def like the runes here more than BotW's so far. Wasnt expecting Ascend to be so useful in particular

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

An Actual Princess posted:

I love to see it personally, and I hope they... well.... never mind.

Rugikiki
Jan 15, 2008

Illinois Nazis.
I hate Illinois Nazis!

Hey

Hey

Listen!

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
I play games that I enjoy like a dumb idiot

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Aware posted:

I play games that I enjoy like a dumb idiot
:mods:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

they're too powerful!

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Well I see I picked the WORST time to come back to the Switch thread.

Haven't touched the Switch in months cos I was lent a Steamdeck (which owns btw). But now I'm back playing (strangely enough) TotK and this game is an all-timer, just an absolute delight.

Did I miss any huge game announcements in the last 4 months?

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
The biggest buzz lately is probably for super mario rpg remake, which came out recently

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I have been fully consumed by Hades in all my free time lately and have broken the back of it, reeling off 8 straight clears last night with every different weapon

Now to complete all the fates and relationships and pacts of punishment and poo poo

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

WHY BONER NOW posted:

The biggest buzz lately is probably for super mario rpg remake, which came out recently

Don't forget the remake of Paper Mario: TTYD coming out soonish.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Butterfly Valley posted:

I have been fully consumed by Hades in all my free time lately and have broken the back of it, reeling off 8 straight clears last night with every different weapon

Now to complete all the fates and relationships and poo poo

Oh poo poo well done

I have to get back to that, I fell off it after beating Hades one time and there's so much more game

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

HopperUK posted:

Oh poo poo well done

On top of getting most of the benefits of the mirror and knowing the boss stages and movements inside out it was mainly about figuring out my favourite gods' boons and rolling with those

Artemis and her crits are hands down the best boons, stacking status curses to get the damage bonus from the mirror, and then making cast builds if you get the right Demeter/Zeus boons is my way to go. I mostly hate Aphrodite and Poseidon for weak and knockback, unless you can get the buff to weak that also makes foes susceptible to more damage. Athena's dash deflect is also great as a crutch when you're less confident in your timing for dashing through attacks.

On my best runs I would know things were going well when in the small temple of styx rooms I could press like 6 buttons and immediately win. Obviously I had less optimal builds where there was a lot of kiting, plinking and hiding-behind-rocks in the final battle.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Alan_Shore posted:

Well I see I picked the WORST time to come back to the Switch thread.

Haven't touched the Switch in months cos I was lent a Steamdeck (which owns btw). But now I'm back playing (strangely enough) TotK and this game is an all-timer, just an absolute delight.

Did I miss any huge game announcements in the last 4 months?

Deck does indeed own. I got one last year. Perfect companion to the Switch (currently playing Bloodstained on it).

You've missed out on some Mario goodness the past few months! We got Super Mario Wonder and Super Mario RPG remake. Both are a delight if you're at all interested in Mario, so you should check them out!

Enjoy TotK. I need to go back and actually finish that myself. I left off at the Fire Temple.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

glassyalabolas posted:

Don't forget the remake of Paper Mario: TTYD coming out soonish.

Oh good call, there's some hype for that game too.

Also the princess peach game is soon (April I believe)

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Butterfly Valley posted:

On top of getting most of the benefits of the mirror and knowing the boss stages and movements inside out it was mainly about figuring out my favourite gods' boons and rolling with those

Artemis and her crits are hands down the best boons, stacking status curses to get the damage bonus from the mirror, and then making cast builds if you get the right Demeter/Zeus boons is my way to go. I mostly hate Aphrodite and Poseidon for weak and knockback, unless you can get the buff to weak that also makes foes susceptible to more damage. Athena's dash deflect is also great as a crutch when you're less confident in your timing for dashing through attacks.

On my best runs I would know things were going well when in the small temple of styx rooms I could press like 6 buttons and immediately win. Obviously I had less optimal builds where there was a lot of kiting, plinking and hiding-behind-rocks in the final battle.

You've developed essentially the opposite play strategy from what I can discern is the current meta, which is fun as hell.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Soul Dentist posted:

You've developed essentially the opposite play strategy from what I can discern is the current meta, which is fun as hell.

As in the current meta is fun as hell or my having developed the opposite strat to it is fun as hell

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jan 22, 2024

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

euroshopper posted:

Smdh mixing up Ian Miles Cheong with Andy Ngo like this...

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Cured the January blues by getting Mario Wonder and the Atari collection

Gonna have to knock monster hunter off its perch first though

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Are the hidden treasure chests worth going after with my kid? He's ignored them so far and is boosters mansion right now, I think he's near the end. I don't think he's spent a single frog coin yet.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

trevorreznik posted:

Are the hidden treasure chests worth going after with my kid? He's ignored them so far and is boosters mansion right now, I think he's near the end. I don't think he's spent a single frog coin yet.

He's about halfway through the game. They are helpful especially the flowers. Not necessary but helpful.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

trevorreznik posted:

There's nothing in them that's really spectacular. When he gets to near the end of the game, he'll get an accessory that helps pinpoint where they are, if he feels like hunting for them. I equipped that and went back through each area and still ended up missing one so rip. I decided I was done at that point.

Depends on how much he likes exploring, really!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I am loving the Prince of Persia game. The guided mode is perfect for me, a bad dad gamer who doesn't have time or energy to get lost in a maze.

Also the traps, platforming, and shadow self fights remind me a lot of the old 2D games I played as a kid.

The most recent power-up i got seems to be completely weird and bizarre. The mirror image teleport thing. Cool!

Tip for anyone playing: do the little challenges with the fighting trainer guy, because there's like, fighting game combo poo poo in this game that you definitely don't know about.

External Organs fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jan 22, 2024

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

https://nintendoeverything.com/atlus-persona-3-reload-not-planned-for-switch-would-need-to-be-discussed/
Guys do you think we should port a game to what's soon to be the number one best selling console?
Is the install base too low?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lazy devs

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Yup. Major lazy dev syndrome spotted at Atlus.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Butterfly Valley posted:

As in the current meta is fun as hell or my having developed the opposite strat to it is fun as hell

Yes

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

It’ll get a port when they release Persona 3 Reload Royal or whatever with the missing content everyone’s mad about

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

man nurse posted:

It’ll get a port when they release Persona 3 Reload Royal or whatever with the missing content everyone’s mad about

What content is missing?

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
The option to pick a female protagonist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Alacron posted:

The option to pick a female protagonist

I assume that was easier then removing the 'romance the 11 year old boy' option.