Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Shrimpy posted:

Sort of. The "wins" stat is a little misleading because the Chargers had two first-round byes during that window.

Yeah, the 2006 and 2009 teams had first round byes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Sono posted:

e: Totally thought that said lions_bitch.gif.

This is one of my favorite TFF gifs ever but I was thinking of the more recent machine gun one

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Borsche69 posted:

i do remember after the seahawks won the superbowl that there were a lot of seattle fans that popped up and slowly went away (or maybe they're still around and i didnt notice). could just be recency bias cause i see the same motherfuckers in the afcnorth thread all the drat time and my boys love to post

Well, sadly one of the greaf Hawks posters passed away several years ago (RIP wheez)

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

pasaluki posted:

Besides at QB, they aren't anywhere near as talented as the Chargers were then and have 2 more playoff wins to show for it.

Proof that Josh Allen is so much better than most other QBs, unless he's on his bullshit and choking games away doing stupid poo poo.

I'll never understand how those Chargers teams never won a Superbowl or even played in one, they had SO MUCH talent and just kept loving up in hilarious fashion. It was one of the only pleasures I got from football at the time considering how dogshit the Raiders were, and still are... usually.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

kalensc posted:

Well, sadly one of the greaf Hawks posters passed away several years ago (RIP wheez)

aw goddamn. rip

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
*looks at Marty Schottenheimer, Wade Phillips and Ted Cottrell*

Fuckin’ Chargers. They were so good.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I found it in the week 4 aftermath thread when Detroit smoked the Packers on TNF

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4042921&perpage=40&noseen=1#post534906174

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Black Sunshine posted:

Proof that Josh Allen is so much better than most other QBs, unless he's on his bullshit and choking games away doing stupid poo poo.

I'll never understand how those Chargers teams never won a Superbowl or even played in one, they had SO MUCH talent and just kept loving up in hilarious fashion. It was one of the only pleasures I got from football at the time considering how dogshit the Raiders were, and still are... usually.

2006: Marlon McCree
2007: Team was beat to poo poo, made the AFCCG against the undefeated Patriots and lost because Tomlinson didn't play and Rivers had a torn ACL
2008: Team just wasn't that good and got crushed at Pittsburgh
2009: Nate Kaeding decided to have his worst day as a pro in the divisional vs the Jets
2010: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAL5X3TRA2A

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Ugh excuse me you should all be thankful your chargers won so many games back then, with such a talented roster. Really speaks to the entitlement of the fan base to doompost and lament the self destruction every season. Calling for the firing of Marty just because you didn't win the super bowl? Gauche.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Asproigerosis posted:

Ugh excuse me you should all be thankful your chargers won so many games back then, with such a talented roster. Really speaks to the entitlement of the fan base to doompost and lament the self destruction every season. Calling for the firing of Marty just because you didn't win the super bowl? Gauche.

No one wanted Marty fired you weirdo

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Asproigerosis posted:

is. your brain okay??

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Asproigerosis posted:

Go away you fool.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Asproigerosis posted:

At least be funnier than actual Ravenschat if you’re gonna try and keep it going

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
if football makes you this miserable you really should find a more fulfilling hobby

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Docjowles posted:

At least be funnier than actual Ravenschat if you’re gonna try and keep it going

i think that was eagleschat

we'll collect him and deliver him safely back to the nfc east thread

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
nevermind he's thriving here

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Toaster Beef posted:

nevermind he's thriving here

Like fungus on old bread.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Grats Lions fans! I never mind my Bucs losing a playoff game to a fun underdog (especially bc we’d get nuked by the Niners Death Star)

Depressing to see the Bills defense is once again completely befuddled by an offense that literally everyone else has been able to stop this season.

Hope one of the NFC teams wins it all bc the Ravens folks are super irritating but above all else please don’t have the drat Chiefs back in it.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Victorious Radia posted:

if football makes you this miserable you really should find a more fulfilling hobby

Yeah this. Once the clock hits 00:00 you gotta let that poo poo go.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Asproigerosis posted:

Yeah sorry bud, Chargers fans don't really doom post as much as they just know something bad will happen, because it literally always does, and afterwards just probably drink the pain away and post "this sucks, I'm really sad" or something similar.

I almost feel bad for them but then I realize they laugh when my team is trash too

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Black Sunshine posted:

Yeah sorry bud, Chargers fans don't really doom post as much as they just know something bad will happen, because it literally always does, and afterwards just probably drink the pain away and post "this sucks, I'm really sad" or something similar.

I almost feel bad for them but then I realize they laugh when my team is trash too

tbf most of TFF posting is laughing at teams when they're trash while their fanbase is angry and/or sad

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

a neat cape posted:

2006: Marlon McCree
2007: Team was beat to poo poo, made the AFCCG against the undefeated Patriots and lost because Tomlinson didn't play and Rivers had a torn ACL
2008: Team just wasn't that good and got crushed at Pittsburgh
2009: Nate Kaeding decided to have his worst day as a pro in the divisional vs the Jets
2010: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAL5X3TRA2A

gently caress Nate Kaeding

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Kawalimus posted:

We've beaten Mahomes one single time on a crazy comeback and had an insane fumble at the end.

I was at that game with my best friend who is a Ravens fan (I'm a Chiefs fan) and it was loving wild.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Asproigerosis posted:

I still believe in the modern NFL era you can just go full tight end and bully the gently caress out of defenders to death.

Then maybe start having them line up tight. Maybe some sort of wing formation?

Perhaps we could get some real good motion sets if we put one in the backfield, a real bruiser that still has good blocking skills.

If we have everyone so tight, we can lure the defense into a lot of RPO pass fakes, but instead of quick hitters across the LoS, maybe they could be more lateral and still in the backfield, kind of like a swing or TE screen but dedicate more blockers from the oline...

I think we might have a stew cooking here boys.

Greg Roman approves of this message

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Docjowles posted:

This is one of my favorite TFF gifs ever but I was thinking of the more recent machine gun one

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://x.com/BerniceKing/status/1748887442038431863?s=20

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

AndrewP posted:

Thinkin about that ICBM that bounced off Diggs’ hands

Mr. Nice! posted:

Allen had at least two bombs like that I saw that hit receivers in the hands or forearms.

He had some incredible passes just bouncing off his dudes hands. They let him down for sure.

Probably Magic posted:

My honest guess is strong overlap of computer toucher demographics in the midatlantic tech zones with Raven fandom, but that's pure conjecture.

Me, I'm a Titans fan because I hate myself and there weren't LA teams to root for as a kid, so I rooted for the one closest to me in Kentucky.

Fellow Kentucky boy :fistbump: I was more north tho so Bengals fan

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Grittybeard posted:

I didn't mind this from a neutral theoretical standpoint. They needed to score, weren't stopping the Chiefs at that point, the Chiefs hosed up and didn't even have 11 guys on the field. A chance worth taking.

The risk assessment I can comprehend, but 4th and 5, direct snap to Hamlin who then needs to power his way ten yards to the sticks?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I think the Bills need a new WR.

https://twitter.com/ihartitz/status/1749463441344024777?s=46

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
https://twitter.com/PaulHembo/status/1749449293788811538

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Yeah, hard to not feel like this iteration of the Bills haven't missed their window by repeatedly running into Mahomes over and over. It sucks, but that's the way it breaks for a lot of good teams.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

He'll probably restructure.

Miller, Diggs, and Knox are the bigger problems.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Bills biggest issue is the Von Miller contract is unmovable. They can save $7m making him a post June 1st cut, but that still means dead cap hits of $17m and $16m the next two years if they do that.

Diggs I think you just gotta ride and presume he was injured or something the 2nd half of the season, because you're locked into that.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Really makes you think...

https://twitter.com/soge824/status/1749261902830579815

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
One more Jason Kelce video I missed:

https://twitter.com/stolenkxsses/status/1749313081350705533

Kylie is Jason's wife, that dude was ungovernable last night :v:

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Yeah, the Von Miller contract is killer because he’s looked like a less athletic Vernon Gholston since tearing his Achilles.

Diggs I’m willing to buy is hurt and this team seems really loving dumb about letting players play through injuries even though they’re sucking poo poo, but also he’s just been dropping balls like he’s Gabe Davis.

Dawson Knox is dramatically overpaid to be a TE2.

We got hit hard by injuries finally, but we’ve had relatively healthy defenses the past two years still violently poo poo themselves in heart-breaking playoff losses, so let’s not even pretend it makes a difference.

Ultimately the difference is that we’re coached by a defensive “guru” who’s just Jason Garrett with a bit of unconvincing scruff.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lmao Bills turned off the Chiefs hot water immediately after the game?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Who cares, he stays healthy every year and they are a perennial division winner. “Josh Allen isn’t a winner” would be the worst take from the playoffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Amy Pole Her posted:

Lmao Bills turned off the Chiefs hot water immediately after the game?

According to the players yeah lol

petty and amazing tbh