Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Giant Ethicist posted:

Bardiche Hotel
End of the comic! I really liked this series.

What a fantastic comic! Thanks for posting it. I really like the melancholic tone (although I do appreciate that Q-rais tends to end these longer-form comics on a happy note, like in Monya).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Remind me, what was the comic with the migrating vikings arriving in Dark Ages Britain?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Deptfordx posted:

Remind me, what was the comic with the migrating vikings arriving in Dark Ages Britain?

Uh, are you talking about the intro to Prince Valiant or was there another one with the same premise?

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Me & You

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

the holy poopacy posted:

Uh, are you talking about the intro to Prince Valiant or was there another one with the same premise?

No, another one from a few months back. Very much rooted in actual research and the archeological evidence.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Are you thinking of Vinland Saga?

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Deptfordx posted:

Vinland Saga?

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

It was Hogback Saga.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Thanks, that's the one.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Lunar Maladies

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Spirit Circle
A bit longer but it felt like a better stopping point

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Tiger, Tiger

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Edit:

mrfart posted:

I found the first multi-page story I ever made for my Anchovy comic in a dark corner of a hard drive.
Strange experience to see this again.
Must be a decade ago when this was first published in a magazine.

I liked this.

Qwertycoatl posted:

(If anyone's been wondering how Ootsuki gets to go on so many one-day trips from the underground prison camp, it's because he's scamming the other prisoners out of their money by running a rigged dice game)

As a foreman, he also has a little stall that sells surface snacks and drinks to the other inmates. We'll touch on this a bit in the next chapter!

Deptfordx posted:

No, another one from a few months back. Very much rooted in actual research and the archeological evidence.

As fritz says, that was probably Hogback Saga? You can find it for free on Patreon, though navigating the archive is a bit of a mess.

https://www.patreon.com/malkydungeon

I was waiting for chapter 3 to finish, then I thought I repost it in entirety. Doing the same thing with Bybloemen.

Hyouge Mono Ceremony 49: Isn't She Lovely!?

Hey, it's Rikyu again. Something I've been meaning to mention: a while ago, I was double checking something about Sen no Rikyu on google and I happened to notice something in the autocomplete. Some of you may have heard of the Fate series, which remixes historical people and bashes them into each other like action figures - well, Rikyu's got a character in Fate/Grand Order (Silly naming convention, I know) and it looks like this:

Well, I thought it was funny.

Edit: I just noticed her alignment is chaotic evil

We're almost done with volume 4, here's the end of volume bonus chapter.

The Dragon, the Hero and the Courier Episode 26.5: Verification Office's Conquests

Surely there will no unintended consequences from this plan.

Emzedoh has a new favorite as of 21:36 on Jan 22, 2024

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...

fritz posted:

Lunar Maladies
For a werewolf comic, werewolves are pretty fuckin’ thin on the ground here.

We Are Reproducing

This last one engendered a bit of discussion in the other thread when I posted it – but “usually immigrant black / Hispanic nannies taking care of affluent white kids” is by all accounts even now still very much A Thing in New York, and I don’t think Uchida is necessarily being racist by noticing it.

Giant Ethicist has a new favorite as of 22:05 on Jan 22, 2024

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Star Impact

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Emzedoh posted:

Bookmarked, looking forward to the various oneshots in particular. Also I bought some of your posters! The Aus and NZ birds ones, plus the ironbark pin. I considered getting it as a shower curtain, but thought it would be too loud that large :v

Aw thanks!
(I still think the Prince Valiant Smirk shower curtain is the way to go)

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
What happened to the Father/Daughter learning to cook comic? Did we reach the end of the translated bits?

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Tree Bucket posted:

Aw thanks!
(I still think the Prince Valiant Smirk shower curtain is the way to go)

I'm going to go grab a cheap one from kmart today. The pin's already on its way apparently, that's quick work. Also explains why the shipping was so bloody expensive, if they're sending each item individually :s

CzarChasm posted:

What happened to the Father/Daughter learning to cook comic? Did we reach the end of the translated bits?

Sweetness and Lightning? It had an official translation, so the poster was just doing a few chapters to be less :filez:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Lavender Jack

The comic never really gives much more than lip service to the idea of reckoning with the good guys' willingness to exploit their friends (for a good cause!), but it's nice that it even went as far as lip service.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

CzarChasm posted:

Emzedoh posted:

Sweetness and Lightning? It had an official translation, so the poster was just doing a few chapters to be less :filez:

I had a few more chapters I was planning to post, but it wasn't engendering much discussion and I got hit by a ton of real life stuff so I fell off the posting wagon. If folks were enjoying it and want to see more I can pick back up and post through to my original planned stopping point (still will not be the whole comic because it is officially available in english, with regular skipping around).

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Post or do not post: there is no try.

One Day Outing Foreman chapter 19: Disarray

Visit NAGOYA. Rumours that NAGOYA INDEPENDENCE MOVEMENT is targeting foreign tourists are COMPLETELY BASELESS.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

I had a few more chapters I was planning to post, but it wasn't engendering much discussion and I got hit by a ton of real life stuff so I fell off the posting wagon. If folks were enjoying it and want to see more I can pick back up and post through to my original planned stopping point (still will not be the whole comic because it is officially available in english, with regular skipping around).

It’s a fun, easy read. I’m also impressed by how the author really went the extra mile to make Tsumugi as adorable as possible

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

The Vagabond of Limbo

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

Kit Walker posted:

It’s a fun, easy read. I’m also impressed by how the author really went the extra mile to make Tsumugi as adorable as possible

Well if you're a fan of Tsumigi being adorable you'll definitely be a fan of

Sweetness And Lightning, chapter 14

The clip from this section in the anime is actually the first thing I saw from the series, after seeing it so many times posted on Tumblr I had to figure out what it actually was. Despite tha anime having been removed from Crunchyroll due to the license expiring, they still have this clip up on their youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N0YLRunmEQ

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

God drat, Manga gets excited about the least significant things.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

And he goes to bed! In a cheap business hotel!!

Yeah, the running joke of the whole series is that the authors are narrating a story about enjoying day trips the exact same way they narrate stories about high stakes gambles and terrifying crime games, which is what they're more known for. They're fully taking the piss.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

What a great page

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
The Bugle Call: To the Land of Slaves

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
From what I gather, Nagoya is a large scale cult where everyone is indoctrinated with weird food and propaganda and feels an urge for strangers to like the place. All praise Nagoya!

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

look there's an ongoing debate about whether spiked ball flails were actual existing combat weapons or not but they were definitely not a horseback weapon.

boy I hope someone got fired for that blunder

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
Prince Valiant in the Days of King Arthur (Dec 3-10, 1944)

Aleta is looking very Belle Époque in panel 3 there, Hal Foster showing some of his childhood illustration influences maybe?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I've also been enjoying Sweetness and Lightning, pretty much exclusively on the premise of Tsumugi being fuckin adorable

:same: :same: :same: :same:

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
Hal Foster is apparently an early advocate of CTE treatment.

Val should consider wearing a helmet someday

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

...and his face is not good to look upon.

Pretty raw times for val

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

Pretty raw times for val

Updating my dating profile as we speak

Spirit Circle

Who needs a Master Sword when you've got a bug catching net?

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...

cant cook creole bream posted:

From what I gather, Nagoya is a large scale cult where everyone is indoctrinated with weird food and propaganda and feels an urge for strangers to like the place. All praise Nagoya!
S'allright. While about 85% of so-called "Nagoya cuisine" has a sort of a one-pattern problem (deep fry it, dip it in miso, Bob's yer uncle) it's not a bad pattern.

We Are Reproducing

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I wonder if Foster knew that chainmail is meant to have like five layers of cloth and leather under it. Chain links pinching naked skin sounds like a really really bad time.
I guess properly-armoured big chonker knights with no visible necks is not really the aesthetic he's going for.

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

Big deal, people say stuff like that about me all the time.

Benagain posted:

look there's an ongoing debate about whether spiked ball flails were actual existing combat weapons or not but they were definitely not a horseback weapon.

boy I hope someone got fired for that blunder

Not just fired, impaled!

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Hyouge Mono Ceremony 49: Isn't She Lovely!?

Hideyoshi, take your gloves off before eating, what is up with that?

The Dragon, the Hero and the Courier Episode 26.5: Verification Office's Conquests

Bless the Anteater. Bless the coming and the going of them.

Is one of those not-Roman soliders wearing a marble column as a helmet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Kit Walker posted:

Who needs a Master Sword when you've got a bug catching net?