Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

a neat cape posted:

No one thought Buffalo was going to win

They were the betting favorite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

4/6 of the entire population of the earth didn't believe in us. can you believe it?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Metapod posted:

They were the betting favorite

Yeah vegas wanted easy money

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

a neat cape posted:

Yeah vegas wanted easy money

If everyone thought the chiefs would win and Vegas gave them points they would have lost a lot of money

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Keep being a wet blanket to the Chiefs posters itt, non-Chiefs posters, it's always appreciated

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

3 DONG HORSE posted:

4/6 of the entire population of the earth didn't believe in us. can you believe it?

actually it's 2/3

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

kiimo posted:

actually it's 2/3

i'm a horse, i'm not a mathmagician

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

i thought about this long and hard and i think i'd rather see a Lions-Chiefs super bowl than a Lions-Ravens one. I cannot abide the Ravens. Knocked out the Broncos from playoffs too many times in """recent""" memory...

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Lions / Chiefs. GRIT vs GLITTER. Eminem and Taylor Swift breakdance fighting.

Consider the idea of a rematch of that insane Chiefs / Rams game with Goff going ham all game and ultimately getting the win. I wouldn't even be upset

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Look, clearly you're going to be happy about your team winning a playoff game, thinking that I'm railing against that is ridiculous. I'm specifically pushing back on the underdog narrative poo poo. I don't give a gently caress how bad Pat's receivers have been or that the poor things actually had to finally play a playoff game on the road, the fact is that Mahomes is far and away the best QB of the current era so as long as he's playing the odds are really good that you'll win the game.

You're not a scrappy 7th seed making noise or a long suffering franchise finally breaking through. You have Mahomes, Kelce and one of the best defenses in the league this year so I promise that you didn't shock the world by winning this game. Everyone wanting you to lose doesn't make you the underdog and don't throw out degenerate Vegas betting lines as if it means anything other than "the desert wants to make money". I'm also pretty agitated that I have to root for the goddamn Ravens now.

By all means, go hog wild and enjoy your team's insane success, pound beer like Jason Kelce (the real hero of the game) and eat piles of awesome BBQ or whatever makes you happy.

Also, gently caress the Chiefs.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

gently caress the Chiefs, on the other hand Taylor Swift makes me feel things :3:

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Black Sunshine posted:

:hai:

being a hater should be an unapologetic exercise for any team in straight up dynasty mode

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
More people should complain about how good my team is, gotta be my favorite genre of post after a win.

This isn't a bit, gimme more

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Black Sunshine posted:

You made it sound surprising that they made their *checks notes* 6th consecutive conference championship game. The only people doom posting about the Chiefs are Chiefs fans caught up in the same stupid "they never believed in us" bullshit from last year right after winning their 2nd Superbowl in 3 appearances spanning 4 years.

We do what we can to maintain the role of scrappy underdogs.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

you don't have to root for the ravens...
you could join us

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Sorry, I just can't find myself rooting for a team with a 95% racist fanbase

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Black Sunshine posted:

That's every fanbase

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Chiefs were +600 in August to win The Big Game, the best odds of any team going into the season.

They were +128 going into the Bills game, which made it close to a 50/50 bet.

“No one believed we could do it.”

Everyone. Everyone believed you could do it. It was highly believable.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Black Sunshine posted:

Look, clearly you're going to be happy about your team winning a playoff game, thinking that I'm railing against that is ridiculous. I'm specifically pushing back on the underdog narrative poo poo. I don't give a gently caress how bad Pat's receivers have been or that the poor things actually had to finally play a playoff game on the road, the fact is that Mahomes is far and away the best QB of the current era so as long as he's playing the odds are really good that you'll win the game.

You're not a scrappy 7th seed making noise or a long suffering franchise finally breaking through. You have Mahomes, Kelce and one of the best defenses in the league this year so I promise that you didn't shock the world by winning this game. Everyone wanting you to lose doesn't make you the underdog and don't throw out degenerate Vegas betting lines as if it means anything other than "the desert wants to make money". I'm also pretty agitated that I have to root for the goddamn Ravens now.

By all means, go hog wild and enjoy your team's insane success, pound beer like Jason Kelce (the real hero of the game) and eat piles of awesome BBQ or whatever makes you happy.

Yeah, agreed. When Mahomes is predicted to be underdog he's like 9-1 or something. If I weren't chiefs fan, I'd hate us.

Black Sunshine posted:

Nah, it's not that bad. It's probably only like 94%.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I can't hear anyone complaining from the heated suite of my ivory tower of the NFL's ruling class

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Black Sunshine posted:

You are the majestic nobleman for the fanbase that got angry over someone taking a knee during the national anthem.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The Chargers fanbase is not racist because I know all 12 of them and we're all woke

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

a neat cape posted:

The Chargers fanbase is not racist because I know all 12 of them and we're all woke

Hard to argue with this.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LiquidFriend posted:

You are the majestic nobleman for the fanbase that got angry over someone taking a knee during the national anthem.

I'd like to think that the fanbase of a team known for fighting against segregation and being the first to have a woman or a black/Latino person in various capacities (players, coaches, executives) primarily located in California and composed of a large percentage of actual minorities is a bit less racist than a Midwest farmland team whose entire stadium booed the black national anthem on national television and still gleefully uses racist chants throughout games

I could be wrong but I doubt it

Edit: also the first (and only?) openly gay football player. If Nassib played in KC and came out things would've been really ugly for him, sadly.

Black Sunshine fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jan 22, 2024

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://x.com/RealMNchiefsfan/status/1749465385261465676?s=20

Don’t want this amazing play forgotten

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
When he runs at full speed Mahomes looks like a four year old that got ahold of a cookie he's not supposed to have.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Black Sunshine posted:

I'd like to think that the fanbase of a team known for fighting against segregation and being the first to have a woman or a black/Latino person in various capacities (players, coaches, executives) primarily located in California and composed of a large percentage of actual minorities is a bit less racist than a Midwest farmland team whose entire stadium booed the black national anthem on national television and still gleefully uses racist chants throughout games

I could be wrong but I doubt it

Edit: also the first (and only?) openly gay football player. If Nassib played in KC and came out things would've been really ugly for him, sadly.
Noble words from a fanbase that unironically uses the term, 'queefs'

It's ok to just say that all NFL fans are bad.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Black Sunshine posted:

don't throw out degenerate Vegas betting lines as if it means anything other than "the desert wants to make money".

This is both how Vegas works and also not how Vegas works. They're gonna make money, but they need to make sure they make money, and the whales will move lines and screw them up if they mess it up too bad.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Metapod posted:

I don't care

It seems like you and a (thankfully few) others do, badly, about people not liking your teams everyone expects to win and have rarely seen lose

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

It seems like you and a (thankfully few) others do, badly, about people not liking your teams everyone expects to win and have rarely seen lose

Since you decided to take out my post in order to say this piece let me repeat myself

I don't care about what teams that have nothing to do with yesterday's game did

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

This is both how Vegas works and also not how Vegas works. They're gonna make money, but they need to make sure they make money, and the whales will move lines and screw them up if they mess it up too bad.

Using dumb betting lines to fuel an underdog narrative for an ongoing dynasty is really lame.

I loathe the Patriots with everything I have but I can't remember hearing "nobody believed in us" bullshit from them so the cheating Patriots are more respectable in my book which is pretty sad.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I feel like the nobody believes in us poo poo is said by non chiefs fans. Like of all the things to get mad about? That's trivial. Unless you mean the team, which all teams manufacture motivation.

Also I didn't believe in this team very much.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Black Sunshine posted:

Using dumb betting lines to fuel an underdog narrative for an ongoing dynasty is really lame.

I wasn't arguing that part of things really, but I will note the Bills were the 2 seed for a reason, and the Chiefs were a 3 seed and not a 1 seed for a reason.

Things just went the Chiefs way is all. Despite some pretty good fumble luck for the Bills. It was a weird and pretty good game.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Another 4 years we don't have to think about the raiders

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Pretty much. Harbaugh is gonna be a fun add though

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jan 24, 2024

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Black Sunshine posted:

I loathe the Patriots with everything I have but I can't remember hearing "nobody believed in us" bullshit from them so the cheating Patriots are more respectable in my book which is pretty sad.

Weirdly, Mahomes and Reid are more likable than Brady and Belichick, which paradoxically makes them worse heels and thus more unlikable.

Harbaugh, Reid, Payton, and wildcard Pierce should be hella fun next season though. Easy to imagine some Harbaugh Payton beef

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Pontius Pilate posted:

Weirdly, Mahomes and Reid are more likable than Brady and Belichick, which paradoxically makes them worse heels and thus more unlikable.

nailed it, there was zero dissonance with Bellicheck heading the antagonist dynasty empire

Darth Andy is bad casting

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Pontius Pilate posted:

Harbaugh, Reid, Payton, and wildcard Pierce should be hella fun next season though. Easy to imagine some Harbaugh Payton beef

Neither Mahomes or Reid are likable.

Unless you think Tyreek Hill was also likable for some reason?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I will never get tired of Logan just spouting crazy things into the ether hoping someday someone will be on his side.