Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

How did Lords of the Fallen turn out in the end? It looked amazing pre-launch but then got buried among the flood of games last year and I saw some talk of it having framerate issues which sucks since it was supposed to be 60fps. Anyone have it that can comment on if it got patched or runs okay or did they fumble the whole thing? The boss fights and dual world mechanics looked rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I'm addicted to wartales. I had a run go to poo poo very quickly and started again on the second difficulty with the region scaled world state (same as first try).

I understand the game now and my band of idiots are thriving. They are well fed and I've never missed a pay day. Our captain is smithing gear for the crew and our lt is a good apothecary. We ran into two very difficult battles in a row and it was scary but everyone is alive and well.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

JBP posted:

I'm addicted to wartales. I had a run go to poo poo very quickly and started again on the second difficulty with the region scaled world state (same as first try).

I understand the game now and my band of idiots are thriving. They are well fed and I've never missed a pay day. Our captain is smithing gear for the crew and our lt is a good apothecary. We ran into two very difficult battles in a row and it was scary but everyone is alive and well.

Nice! My captain is also the resident blacksmith.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

SUNKOS posted:

How did Lords of the Fallen turn out in the end? It looked amazing pre-launch but then got buried among the flood of games last year and I saw some talk of it having framerate issues which sucks since it was supposed to be 60fps. Anyone have it that can comment on if it got patched or runs okay or did they fumble the whole thing? The boss fights and dual world mechanics looked rad.

It's on my wishlist, I will definitely get it but it seems like it was probably the worst soulslike last year if you count games like Wulong, Lies of Pi, Remnant 2 and even Star Wars Jedi Survivor.

From what I read it still seems like there is performance issues but I am not sure if it is the same on consoles. The dual world mechanic seems cool but people said it was used just to basically traverse obstacles. The main gameplay criticism I saw popping up over and over is that there is areas with 0 enemies and then suddenly there is huge mobs which makes the difficulty all over the place. If you played soulslikes you probably know the combat in these games kinda breakdown when you have to fight huge mobs.

I'll probably still get it down the line, after I get through some other 2023 games.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

ColdPie posted:

Started playing Lies of P last night and, uh, P-Organ, huh?

P-Organ.

I know, just go with it

It’s a good game

Eventually you’ll upgrade your P-Organ so it becomes longer and thicker (and a little crooked)

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

The thing about Wartales that's a bit unfortunate is that it just doesn't quite pull off the same atmosphere that Battle Brothers does.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I haven’t played Lords of the Fallen, but I’m hearing a lot of people call it “Loads of the Failing” so just fyi

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

is there a timeline on when the gamepass Palworld will be updated to be the same as the Steam version?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
There are so many good games I can’t imagine why anyone would take the time to play Lords of Kirkland signature dark souls.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
I assume everybody interested in Lords of the Fallen (2023) didn't play Lords of the Fallen (2014), what a pile of crap that thing was.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

welcome posted:

I assume everybody interested in Lords of the Fallen (2023) didn't play Lords of the Fallen (2014), what a pile of crap that thing was.

I touched the original and have been playing the new one.

The old one did suck rear end. The new one is pretty good a handful of hours in. The Living/Umbral world split is fairly interesting and adds a wrinkle to exploration and some original mechanics to the standard Souls combat.

I’m playing on PC. I turned off multiplayer because the crossplay was super laggy, but other than that I don’t have much in the way of performance problems until I jump back in the Firelink equivalent and get the telltale stutter of shaders loading. In actual gameplay, it runs fine.

I don’t regret picking it up in the holiday sale, and I keep going back to it over other games. I’m enjoying it more than Lies of P, for whatever that’s worth.

Also strength weapons are good in this, and I like to smashy smash.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

welcome posted:

different devs

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Hexworks looks like an inhouse studio for CI Games who co-developed the original turd. Pass.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Lords of the Fallen 2014 devs went to make The Surge 1 and 2. LoTF 2023 is a different team so take that as you will.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

New footage from Avowed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJFDLV9ov_U

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The lords of the fallen lamp mechanic looks fun and the graphics are nice but I only played P over Christmas despite most people saying it was good, so I'll never play lord of the failin.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Guillermus posted:

Lords of the Fallen 2014 devs went to make The Surge 1 and 2. LoTF 2023 is a different team so take that as you will.

surge 2 was really good

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Lies of P is so goddamn good. Easily one of the biggest Game Pass winners of 2023

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lies of P was good enough im unironically ready for its sequel Metals of D

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I have greater interest in P DLC than Elden Ring because the combat is more fun.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Barudak posted:

Lies of P was good enough im unironically ready for its sequel Metals of D

Steamboats of W (because you absolutely legally cannot say Mickey).

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
drat, that Palworld is some jank. I built my work bench too close to the quick travel marker and it wouldn't let me build anything.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lammasu posted:

drat, that Palworld is some jank. I built my work bench too close to the quick travel marker and it wouldn't let me build anything.

The gamepass version is hella out of date.

It’s probably the biggest release of the year and the gamepass version is hosed lmao

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Lammasu posted:

Have you tried not doing that?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

American McGay posted:

Wow let the guy play the game how he wants smdh!!

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

American McGay posted:

I mean I moved it. It's just kind of hosed that it could even happen.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The sequel will be called the Lies of PP

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Honey of P (No Relation)

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Check out this lovely Joker design.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qyGmNNMnBE

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

I’d rather not

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It’s quite impressive that even though I know I am never going to play this game or care about what happens in it that depiction still makes me want to kill myself

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

eww this looks like they modeled it after some super serious mid-aughts tall skinny nerd that went way too hard at cosplaying the Joker.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

exquisite tea posted:

The sequel will be called the Lies of PP

Co-developed with Twitch, Streams of P

Barudak
May 7, 2007

webmeister posted:

Co-developed with Twitch, Streams of P

Given what the "Just Chatting" tab appears to be its Streams of Bs

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

I said come in! posted:

is there a timeline on when the gamepass Palworld will be updated to be the same as the Steam version?

It just installed a 1.43GB patch on my Xbox. Seems like it's now at ver 0.1.1.0 whereas Steam is at 0.1.2.0.

Probably just going to have to live with it being a bit behind tbh.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Been chilling out in the evenings with While the Iron’s Hot which is surprisingly engaging and deep for an ugly little indie pixel game. The crafting system is pretty satisfying and being able to experiment and discover recipes on your own is a nice touch.

Makes me wish there were a similarly involved system in a multiplayer game so I could just roleplay as the town blacksmith and spend all day making everyone armor and hinges and poo poo.

In summary, Game Pass stays winning.

Omon Ra
Nov 1, 2020
peanus
lmao, some intern working overtime on deleting negative comments.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

kri kri posted:

I’d rather not

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

This Joker version reminds me a bit of the Cesar Romero Joker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

Idk i kinda dig it. More content for the game further down sounds good too. Can see picking up in a sale later on if it turns around