Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: muscles like this!)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Don’t Ridiculousness do a ton of episodes a year? Seems fair to me, it may be a dumb show but there are still real people doing a lot of writing for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The show when I've seen it seemed to pretty much a stream of YouTube videos and they'd pause between them to make comments. Even when it's just the most obvious joke or literally the top 10 comments doing the same variation of that joke, they don't have improv comedians around all the time so someone's gotta write it all down for the cast. And considering how much of it they put on constantly, these writers likely write the majority of what mtv airs in a year.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Khanstant posted:

The show when I've seen it seemed to pretty much a stream of YouTube videos and they'd pause between them to make comments. Even when it's just the most obvious joke or literally the top 10 comments doing the same variation of that joke, they don't have improv comedians around all the time so someone's gotta write it all down for the cast. And considering how much of it they put on constantly, these writers likely write the majority of what mtv airs in a year.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Help! I'm in a cable channel ocean of ridiculousness and catfish

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

It's criminal that the new Beavis and Butthead doesnt get any airtime.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

That's a real dire schedule right there

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Also it's a show where they steal internet content and then two morons go "whoooooowww" at some guy getting a cactus to the balls. So I'm not sure these writers deserve raises.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’m only a few minutes into Chad s2 and I already want to loving die

Strong start

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’d love to see a script for one of the shows. It’s probably 2 pages long.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

MTV is just a glorified Ridiculousness FAST channel on Roku tv.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

RBA Starblade posted:

That's a real dire schedule right there

Coulda been season 13 of Death Valley smh

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Of course? And they deserve fair compensation and competitive salaries and a union, just like any other writers on television. Just because you think the writing is lovely and unfunny (which tbh it is) doesn’t mean they don’t deserve to live off of their work?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah this poo poo is fuckin weak tbh. Support all striking workers

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Not all work is good work

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Okay, but they're not, like, the people that operate the machines at Northrop-Grumman that turn children into grist. They're just writers, it's fine that their job exists and they deserve a living wage even if they're doing bad work.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

I support all workers rights to be lazy pieces of poo poo and get paid well to do so. We should all be so lucky. Stop lionizing hard work, we should all get to live well on 12 hours of half-assed work per week.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

MarcusSA posted:

So you only support industrial action for people you personally like?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Escobarbarian posted:

So you only support industrial action for people you personally like?

No just stuff I like.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Khanstant posted:

I've never seen this show and your description makes it sound like Twitch streams where the streamer just reacts to stuff but it's on TV.

Which is really popular so go figure it's the majority of MTV's schedule.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

MarcusSA posted:

No just stuff I like.

No matter how ironic this is meant to be, it’s still lovely

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

MarcusSA posted:

No just stuff I like.

gently caress off

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

A real hosts would simply spin their wedding ring in the absence of writers.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

MarcusSA posted:

All giant media corporations are bad corporations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is kind of funny how the new season of True Detective is a good example of how Executive Producers grow like barnacles on a TV show. Like if there's another season you can be sure that Jodie Foster's name is somehow still going to be on there.

Kind of reminds me when all the Bryan Singer poo poo went down and the couple of shows with his name on them tried to get his credit removed. Legion was able to successfully do it since he never officially worked on the show but Gifted was stuck since he had actually directed the pilot.

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023
Wait, what's going on with True Detective?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Stegosnaurlax posted:

Wait, what's going on with True Detective?

https://twitter.com/itysHBO/status/1749428361657504242

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Oh i'm watching it, i thought there was something fishy in producer town

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Never thought Tim Robinson would be the one to lure me back to True Detective but I gotta know about these nude tattoos

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

DaveKap posted:

I've never seen this show and your description makes it sound like Twitch streams where the streamer just reacts to stuff but it's on TV.

Which is really popular so go figure it's the majority of MTV's schedule.

Yeah that's a great comparison. Though Twitch versions often end up just being the person gawping at the video without anything to say or not being in the room, so props to MtV quality control I guess.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
there’s only a couple days left to take part in the 2023 best TV poll, get on with it, you bloody buggers!!!!!

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Oasx posted:

https://www.thewrap.com/the-knick-season-3-update-andre-holland/

"André Holland Says ‘The Knick’ Season 3 with Barry Jenkins Is Alive: ‘We’re Working Very Hard to Make It Happen’"

Yes please

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

zoux posted:

Unrelated to nudity....or is it: S2 of the Halo show is going to be a soft reboot

There were some good things to take out of s1 (not very many, but some) but on the whole they just need to do the drat story from the games.

“What if we make a Halo tv series but never actually go to Halo?” I also still find it intensely hilarious that they felt a need to pop Chief’s helmet off in the very first episode.

The Mandalorian’s first season alone is proof that you can resist that urge at least until your finale and still have your hulking faceless protagonist of few words still be a compelling character and make the show work if you know what the gently caress you’re doing.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

4th, 5th, 1st, 2nd, 3rd is a good as order as any to air a movie series i guess

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Were the last two movies well received? It might be a thing where they put the last two first so there will be a four hour period where those are on the guide so people scrolling through will see it, think "hey I like twilight" and then see that the first movie starts soon so they just leave the TV on MTV in the backgrond until the first movie starts up.

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Jan 23, 2024

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Hughmoris posted:

How long will that go on for?

This goes on and on and back and forth for 90 or so minutes until the show just sort of... ends.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Stegosnaurlax posted:

Oh i'm watching it, i thought there was something fishy in producer town

Mainly talking about how Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey are still listed as EPs on a series that they haven't had anything to do with in almost 10 years.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

“What if we make a Halo tv series but never actually go to Halo?” I also still find it intensely hilarious that they felt a need to pop Chief’s helmet off in the very first episode.

The Mandalorian’s first season alone is proof that you can resist that urge at least until your finale and still have your hulking faceless protagonist of few words still be a compelling character and make the show work if you know what the gently caress you’re doing.

While season 1 definitely had problems I never really thought that Master Chief doing stuff outside of armor was part of it.

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

muscles like this! posted:

Mainly talking about how Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey are still listed as EPs on a series that they haven't had anything to do with in almost 10 years.

While season 1 definitely had problems I never really thought that Master Chief doing stuff outside of armor was part of it.

They must have Ari Gold as their agent

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Mandalorian may be the only successful show where they don't show the protagonist's face for most of it, and they had Baby Yoda.

One of the worst cases of Surfin Dracula syndrome I've ever seen.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I thought he couldn't take it off Darth Vader style, but I would kind of expect that to be dropped anyway for a tv series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Mandalorian uses the helmet as a core theme throughout the show and is an important character trait that embodies the culture of his weird religious sect.

There has never been a good reason, in-lore or otherwise, why Master Chief doesn't take off his helmet, and he even takes it off in the games, they just hide his face to be cute. The helmet is there because it looks better on video game box art. I have no idea why this is such a sticking point when that show has so many other, much bigger issues.