Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Majere posted:

Nick Adams is a superior grifter. I've actually met him and made the signs for his 'Foundation for Liberty and American Greatness' in Tarpon Springs, FL.

I can't imagine why a successful young man in Australia would choose to come to America and extole all of its Great (republican) Values. Very odd, but I'm sure someone can look up their financials on Guidestar.

From a couple of pages back, but the Australia to US media trek has been a thing since Murdoch expanded his lizard gaze.

A good truism about Australia is that for any given aspect of it, the reality is that it is either much bigger or much smaller than you would first guess. The conservative media landscape is dominated here by the Murdoch press who have a paper in all the major cities, and Sky News Australia which is basically Fox News Australia at this point.

However outside them there isn't much opportunity to make a living as a professional right wing commentator/personality. Our population is 7.7% of the USA, we can't support anywhere near as many of them. So unless they get a top spot, media types from both sides of the spectrum often move to the US.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

That they'll both be murdered if the MAGA guy has his way despite his protestations that they're one of the "Good Ones"?

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

That they'll both be murdered if the MAGA guy has his way despite his protestations that they're one of the "Good Ones"?

And he knows that, but what can you do?

quote:

“On some things, you just have to agree to disagree and whoever is in power gets to make the decision … and you just have to respect that.”

Trimpa even goes so far as to include the threat from Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas that he would roll back protections for same-sex marriage under the same judicial philosophy that ended privacy rights for pregnant women. Trimpa would respect the decision even as he fought for his marriage.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I have to admit I do not see how a marriage can survive a viewpoint of "I am going to support the people who will work to destroy our marriage and if they had their way would make us illegal or execute us". Maybe it's just me but I feel like a partner would find that concept unappealing.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Who purchases a Bible? I don't think I've gone a full year in adulthood where I didn't have to actively refuse an invitation to take a Bible

Also, does the type of bible count?

Because the Bible a Mormon tries to give you is different to the Bible an Evangelical will try and foist on you is different to the Bible that your well meaning Aunt tries to get you to read.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
The lesson is that horniness and motivated reasoning are two of the very few things that cross political boundaries

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

I have to admit I do not see how a marriage can survive a viewpoint of "I am going to support the people who will work to destroy our marriage and if they had their way would make us illegal or execute us". Maybe it's just me but I feel like a partner would find that concept unappealing.

I can barely live with myself. I don't know how people live with others, especially if they're actively trying to kill the world to spite you.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

ImpAtom posted:

I'm really wondering what the hell is going through that guy's head to think "Yeah, my spouse is actively working to make our marriage illegal, but he still loves me!"

Gonna say that maybe your spouse is interested in getting a un-contestable divorce there, buddy.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
the supreme court made me being alive illegal, but I never hated them. I said "thank you for your service."

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Three Olives posted:

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1749536277232337013

Gas is very high, except it isn't because Biden is cheating with it or something?

"High gas prices are Biden's fault!"

Uh actually no, the president has no control over gas prices

"Yes he does! If Trump were in office he would bring gas prices down!"

*prices fall*

"Biden is personally lowering gas prices!! THIS IS AN OUTRAGE :byodood:"

e: also today this happened again, almost to the letter. $2.96 to $3.19 over-loving-night

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
That reads like an onion article. Oops my husband is working to make me a second citizen and end American democracy.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Godly Hugedick

Mods, make it so, TIA

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Gotta pose with a sword cause can't have guns anymore after latest DUI bumped charge up to a felony

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

the praise of gutfield in that article was enough to make me just close the tab.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.

Nooner posted:

Gotta pose with a sword cause can't have guns anymore after latest DUI bumped charge up to a felony

That reminds me, whatever happened to the unhinged lunatic that asked the Supreme court if they could still keep their guns even though they had a restraining order?

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Three Olives posted:

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1749536277232337013

Gas is very high, except it isn't because Biden is cheating with it or something?

Dude is reeeaaaalllllly pushing the envelope with that fistful of corn silk he calls hair. It must be like seven 4ft long strands that are woven back and forth to create that nearly-transparent, half-assed scalp covering attempt.

edit:

Mr. Nice! posted:

the praise of gutfield in that article was enough to make me just close the tab.

Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jan 22, 2024

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Vire posted:

That reads like an onion article. Oops my husband is working to make me a second citizen and end American democracy.

One of my friend's husband works on the corporate side of a private prison corporation. He seems nice enough and by all accounts they are perfectly happy but if it were me there is no way I could shake the idea "Wait, is my husband evil? Because it feels like he might be evil and that seems really problematic."

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

'I'm married to a guy who is low-key fine if I get sent to the death camps' is powerful 2024 bottom energy.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
They have convinced themselves that politics does not have to be personal

That is some fifth dimensional delusion from guys like that, but at least I can say that the republican of the two has shark eyes and looks dead inside

ed:

rotinaj fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jan 22, 2024

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
Don’t worry, when the kill squads stop by, the MAGA gay guy will just flash his “one of the good ones” badge and everything will be right as rain.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
when the dick's so fine you don't even mind when they put you in the cattle car

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

"I get the feeling that a lot of people miss that high-schoolish winner clique mentality conjured by that kickass America image of the 1940s through mid-70s. They think we can just casually return there culturally and everything will be fine.

But on the business side we know if we do that there will be way less competition, an ozone hole 10x the size, Nestle owning every river that’s not on fire, and every freeway’s a toll road. And culturally you’re not going to get your casual racism. It’s the Klan coming back, not Mayberry. And it’s not casual rear end slaps in the office with a side of bourbon. It’s “legitimate rape” and forcing 12 year olds to give birth to incest babies."

A fantastic loving post on today's right wing americans.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

:toughguy: don't start this nonsense again

Mr. Barnesworth
Jun 28, 2008

I said GOOD DAY, sir!
'the lady and the tramp' is right there c'mon Haley get your poo poo together

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Hollismason posted:

I'm pretty sure deep faking the Presidents voice and then robocalling people has got to be like a half dozen felonies at least.

Dean Phillips (the Dem running against Biden and saying, “I thought if I built it they would come!” at a rally no one showed up to) is now teasing running with No Labels, so I’m pretty sure the Russians have a hand up his rear end. They probably did this without Phillips’s knowledge or input because they don’t realize that this primary literally doesn’t matter.

Biden’s still going to win as a write-in candidate with zero effort, because Phillips is a nerd with a stunning resemblance to Ron DeSantis.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Hubby Auschwitz Guard, So What

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Nelson Mandingo posted:

"I get the feeling that a lot of people miss that high-schoolish winner clique mentality conjured by that kickass America image of the 1940s through mid-70s. They think we can just casually return there culturally and everything will be fine.

But on the business side we know if we do that there will be way less competition, an ozone hole 10x the size, Nestle owning every river that’s not on fire, and every freeway’s a toll road. And culturally you’re not going to get your casual racism. It’s the Klan coming back, not Mayberry. And it’s not casual rear end slaps in the office with a side of bourbon. It’s “legitimate rape” and forcing 12 year olds to give birth to incest babies."

A fantastic loving post on today's right wing americans.

This is how you know they have no idea what the tax rates were like back then.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003
This CNN front page is such a hilarious pile of bullshit. I mean they're not the only ones, there's been tons of this credulous reporting from mainstream media.

"These republicans totally don't like how horrible and racist and bigoted Trump is, because they told us so themselves, therefore there must be some other reason they absolutely ride-or-die 100% support him no matter what! We've got to get to the bottom of this!"

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

kazil posted:

lol Stefanik is so desperate to replace the guy that Trump tried to get his followers to hang

Preaching to the choir here, but this is dangerous stuff. This is a senior Republican Congressperson not just lying, but lying in a manner that erodes our democracy, our institutions, our society. I'd bet she knows that too, but does it in the thrall of this scumbag. It's just wrong on so many levels, and yet, happens every day, will happen tomorrow, and we're all I guess at the mercy of these lies having free reign for the most part.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I respect your support of a party that wants to kill us

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
"Trimpa" sounds like one of those funny intentional misspellings of Trump's name posted itt

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
TRIMPA

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Fort around and find out

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

redshirt posted:

Preaching to the choir here, but this is dangerous stuff. This is a senior Republican Congressperson not just lying, but lying in a manner that erodes our democracy, our institutions, our society. I'd bet she knows that too, but does it in the thrall of this scumbag. It's just wrong on so many levels, and yet, happens every day, will happen tomorrow, and we're all I guess at the mercy of these lies having free reign for the most part.
Nah, I doubt she knows what she's doing. She's just a reactionary who goes off without knowing the full context and it doesn't matter because the people she's talking to exist in a world where what is true changes every moment in whatever way best supports their beliefs.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Murdstone posted:

Nah, I doubt she knows what she's doing. She's just a reactionary who goes off without knowing the full context and it doesn't matter because the people she's talking to exist in a world where what is true changes every moment in whatever way best supports their beliefs.

Elise Stefanik knows exactly what she's doing.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

rotinaj posted:

They have convinced themselves that politics does not have to be personal

That is some fifth dimensional delusion from guys like that, but at least I can say that the republican of the two has shark eyes and looks dead inside

ed:

Can't believe the Red Dragon actually got married.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/status/1749449590619914557?s=20

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Dapper_Swindler posted:

evil John green

CHUD Garth Merenghi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

:sigh: Is anyone surprised? I'm not surprised.