Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Kalli posted:

I am doing absolutely 0 further searching, but I hope this is her work:

Brock's fiance is officially this lady now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

gently caress, something tells me that may be a different Jenna Brandt than Purdy's lol.

Yeah, I see a picture of a more middle aged lady who looks like she'd write.... well that.

Still had a good laugh

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Kalli posted:

I am doing absolutely 0 further searching, but I hope this is her work:

Why do all her sequel covers have the exact same set up. The covers are already low effort as is

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

CharlestheHammer posted:

Why do all her sequel covers have the exact same set up. The covers are already low effort as is

Ladies just want to enjoy the fantasy of being rescued by sexy, somewhat wild men who just need someone to tame them just like dudes just want ones where stepsisters get stuck in more and more elaborate machinery / muscle cars.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Papercut posted:

Can't you see her on the platform behind Brock while he hoists the Lombardi?

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Can't you see her on the platform behind Brock while he hoists the Lombardi?

The most Iowa wife

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Kalli posted:

Ladies just want to enjoy the fantasy of being rescued by sexy, somewhat wild men who just need someone to tame them just like dudes just want ones where stepsisters get stuck in more and more elaborate machinery / muscle cars.

But you could vary up the poses if the sexy men! Aim higher!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Papercut posted:

What is he Zach Wilson?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Victorious Radia posted:

it was on these very dead and gay forums!! You cannot trick me!!!

I think we mostly came down on the side of wanting him to get paid but being reticent because he ended the last two years injured. I can’t think of anyone who didn’t want them to make a deal but maybe I’m forgetting someone.

We were going through a lot right then, OK?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

CharlestheHammer posted:

In the romance book world those covers are called "the clutch clinch" and they're supposed to signal to the reader what kind things they should expect from the book and who the intended audience is. These clutches all signal low-effort, generic rescue fantasy pap. So, pretty on point I'd guess.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jan 22, 2024

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

CharlestheHammer posted:

I assume it's like comfort food. It being the same is the appeal.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Papercut posted:

Hahahahaah gently caress imagine.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Josh Rosen was our one chance.

Then everyone saw what happened there and went deep for Jesus.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Asproigerosis posted:

I'm not going to take much stock in the Diva chiefs crying about a perceived slight, tbh.

nobody cares what you're taking stock in

they turned off the hot water. It's hilarious.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

kiimo posted:

I mean it probably didn't actually happen: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10106188-official-chiefs-werent-denied-hot-water-after-win-vs-bills-in-2024-nfl-playoffs

quote:

Erie County press secretary Peter Anderson told TMZ Sports that claim is "false."

"There is no way to turn hot water off on one side or the other," he said. There are two huge hot water tanks which feed both home and away locker rooms."

Anderson explained how any issues would've stemmed from a far more innocuous cause amid the cold temperatures in Orchard Park, New York.

"It is no different than in your home" he said. "When the water runs continuously, it will struggle to keep up with demand. Everything for hot water in the locker rooms was upgraded in recent renovations."

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

kiimo posted:

https://www.tmz.com/2024/01/22/buffalo-official-says-no-one-shut-off-chiefs-hot-water-after-playoff-game/

They didn't. But why let reality get in the way of a humorous anecdote to prove how mad they be?

Edit beaten like the bills

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

If those covers are seen at all it’ll mainly be at postage stamp sized image, possibly in greyscale on a kindle. That completely changes the design thinking for that type of thing.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kalli posted:

:lol:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Chiefs making up billboard material because "I can't believe the rules were enforced!" Wasn't working for the underdog narrative

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

pasaluki posted:

https://www.tmz.com/2024/01/22/buffalo-official-says-no-one-shut-off-chiefs-hot-water-after-playoff-game/

They didn't. But why let reality get in the way of a humorous anecdote to prove how mad they be?

fair enough but for the record it wasn't hilarious because how mad they were. I would fully endorse turning the hot water off.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If I believe the Bills would be petty enough to turn off hot water to one locker room, believing they're petty enough to turn it off to both isn't much of a stretch.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

MJeff posted:

If I believe the Bills would be petty enough to turn off hot water to one locker room, believing they're petty enough to turn it off to both isn't much of a stretch.

Holding a grudge is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die

-Carrie Fisher

edit: there's a better analogy

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/9af899f3-5861-41f7-bdf3-765d5c60d035/gif

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/febceb3f-584f-49cb-8ab6-1397297e44d9/gif

kiimo fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jan 22, 2024

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
https://twitter.com/PatrickMoranTB/status/1749523898436346297https://twitter.com/PatrickMoranTB/status/1749525576258400763
McDermott Loves Veterans is a meme at this point, but his stubbornness to stick with an still-injured Douglas and a geriatric Klein had a serious detriment on the defence. The fake-punt will probably be the thing that continues to be the most frequent critique but a spur of the moment decision is nothing compared to a systematic bad choice made over hours, in the face of continuing evidence.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
This might be a stronger argument if those other guys weren't borderline practice squad caliber.
With all the injuries Buffalo had there were no good options.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Coldforge posted:

They're not table jumping lunatics, and instead want people to be gentle and understanding towards one another?

Super hosed up

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

The Puppy Bowl posted:

This might be a stronger argument if those other guys weren't borderline practice squad caliber.
With all the injuries Buffalo had there were no good options.
They're physically capable and Elam actually made a huge play last week against the Steelers with the end zone pick where he made a great read and break on the ball.

Plus, you know, it fits with McDermott's observable tendency to prefer the safe and familiar even if it sucks.
And, in the case of AJ Klein, even if it's only ever sucked and will always suck.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Man I don't know, I don't think there's a Bills fan alive that would have opted for Kaiir Elam over Rasul Douglas before start of the game.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

mcmagic posted:

it's kind of annoying that the texans lucked into a good QB who is also a jesus weirdo. i'm sure this press conference gave cal mcnair a giant boner.

https://twitter.com/WillKunkelFOX/status/1749499127895892338

Dangerous carson wentz vibes. Texans should trade him while the iron is hot.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

AJ Klein? My god I didn’t know it was that bad up there

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kurgarra Queen posted:

And, in the case of AJ Klein, even if it's only ever sucked and will always suck.

AJ Klein still being in the game is a credit to him, he probably never should have been in the first place. That's an :unsmith: story as long as he isn't playing for your team.

In your case, yeah, be happy that he got hurt, although that didn't seem to help.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

fsif posted:

Man I don't know, I don't think there's a Bills fan alive that would have opted for Kaiir Elam over Rasul Douglas before start of the game.
Douglas has clearly been the better player this season, and everyone wanted him back. But if you're played half the game and it's clear his knee isn't actually healthy? As the saying goes, Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Sub Elam and Williams in for a drive and see how it looks. Worst case they score another touchdown but that would be exactly the same result as going with Douglas and Klein.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
It's probably hard to NOT have a strong belief in a higher power and feel blessed by that power when you have athletic gifts that 99.99% of the planet wishes they had but simply can't due to factors beyond their control. All the work ethic in the world can't change genetics.

I'd publicly vouch for Satan myself but I get why they'd thank God.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2024/01/bills-backup-had-rv-packed-for-vacation-he-canceled-to-rejoin-team-for-playoff-win.html

The AJ Klein deep lore you didn't know you needed.

Ons of the things that will haunt me about that game is Terrel Bernard was so loving close to be able to play...he was day to day and would have been healthy if we had survived that poo poo.

The speed of a rookie mlb vs the speed of AJ Klein is the difference between sound and light.

I have to admit Kelce like must have felt like he was like a wr matched up with a dt.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Asproigerosis posted:

Dangerous carson wentz vibes. Texans should trade him while the iron is hot.

If CJ Stroud ends up a Panther somehow I'll go to church and mean it

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I miss when athletes were just openly abrasive and mean like Barry Bonds.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Black Sunshine posted:

It's probably hard to NOT have a strong belief in a higher power and feel blessed by that power when you have athletic gifts that 99.99% of the planet wishes they had but simply can't due to factors beyond their control. All the work ethic in the world can't change genetics.

I'd publicly vouch for Satan myself but I get why they'd thank God.

Yeah most of this stuff is just kinda ingrained into people and to my ear is no different than the rest of the boilerplate athletespeak. Stroud seems to maybe be a little more vocal about it but it’s weird to get worked up about it.

Now if he starts doing Focus on the Family ads…

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Your choice of QB's is either Jesus-loving conservative… or whatever Aaron Rodgers is.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Android Apocalypse posted:

Your choice of QB's is either Jesus-loving conservative… or whatever Aaron Rodgers is.

I'll say it. I prefer Joe Rogan Guy QB to Jesus Guy QB.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Yeah most pro athletes seem to be intensely religious. I mean how many times a week do we see a big play and the guy points to the sky. It’s notable when a guy ISN’T overtly religious

It does give us the occasional glorious meltdown, at least. Like the Stevie Johnson “thx tho” tweet :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I prefer my qbs to not have season ending injuries