Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
fifth round of sanctions? feel like you should've got the message four times ago

wake me up when there's an eighth, tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Sancho Banana posted:

https://twitter.com/newsisrael13/status/1749375513708097660?t=vJpUouFqQBS6CxGR2oossw&s=19

These guys are such an awkward obstacle for the cabinet because you know they're dying to give them a restraining order, but they can't keep pretending to care about the hostages if they do that.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

I told you this pic was private and not to share

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Tankbuster posted:

they have the same rank scheme as vanilla xcom 2. A squad full of colonels.

i didnt read the post and thought this was about mennonites

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

fatelvis posted:

Are the IDF soldiers all suicidal or something? If they know that is gonna happen why aren't they surrendering and trying to gtfo as soon as possible.

Because they believe getting captured is a fate worse than death because their no different than the psycho settlers of the American West

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

tumussy

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Why dont they simply just place a small explosive at the base of the neck against the spine that goes off if they haven't checked in after 24 hours.

So simple.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

apatheticman posted:

Why dont they simply just place a small explosive at the base of the neck against the spine that goes off if they haven't checked in after 24 hours.

So simple.

The Hannibal Richmond Valentine Directive.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
loving Hannibal committed suicide after resisting the Romans until he was nearly 70, was cornered near the Black Sea, and didn't wanna get captured, starved and imprisoned in filth, put on an imperial parade in chains, and then strangled to death in some dank basement.
Yall pathetic motherfuckers just don't wanna do a prisoner swap!!! Call that poo poo The Himmler Directive. Leave my mans alone.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

more war criming

quote:

GAZA/DOHA/JERUSALEM, Jan 22 (Reuters) - Israeli forces, advancing deep into western Khan Younis in Gaza's bloodiest fighting so far in January, stormed one hospital and put another under siege on Monday, cutting off the wounded from trauma care, Palestinian officials said.

Troops advanced for the first time into the al-Mawasi district near the Mediterranean Coast, west of Khan Younis, the main city in southern Gaza. There, they stormed the Al-Khair hospital and were arresting medical staff, Gaza health ministry spokesman Ashraf al Qidra told Reuters.

There was no word from Israel on the situation at the hospital, and the military spokesperson's office had no comment. The military said later that three Israeli soldiers were killed on Monday in southern Gaza.
Qidra said at least 50 people were killed overnight in Khan Younis, while the sieges of medical facilities meant dozens of dead and wounded were beyond the reach of rescuers.

"The Israeli occupation is preventing ambulance vehicles from moving to recover bodies of martyrs and the wounded from western Khan Younis," he said.

The Palestinian Red Crescent said tanks had surrounded another Khan Younis hospital, al-Amal, headquarters of the rescue agency, which had lost contact with staff there.

"We are deeply worried about what is happening around our hospital," said Tommaso Della Longa, spokesperson for the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.

Israel says Hamas fighters operate in and around hospitals, which Hamas and medical staff deny.

Elad Goren of COGAT, the Israeli defence ministry branch that coordinates with the Palestinians, added that: "A particular effort led by a dedicated team has been put on making sure civilians have access to medical care."

White House National Security Council spokesman John Kirby on Monday said Israel had a right to defend itself but added: "We expect them to do so in accordance with international law and to protect innocent people in hospitals, medical staff and patients as well, as much as possible."

Residents said the bombardment from air, land and sea was the most intense in southern Gaza since the war began in October.

Video filmed from afar showed scattered civilians wandering around a ghost city crowded with tents, abandoned laundry flapping on lines as gunfire rattled and smoke rose into the sky.

Israel launched an offensive last week to capture Khan Younis, which it now says is the principal headquarters of the Hamas militants responsible for the Oct. 7 attacks on southern Israel that killed 1,200 people, according to Israeli tallies.

On Monday the Israeli Defense Forces said they had found weapons, explosives, rockets and a weapons facility and destroyed tunnel shafts and underground infrastructure in recent days in Khan Younis.

PENNED IN
The newest phase of the war has brought fighting deep into the last corners of the enclave packed with those fleeing bombardment. At least 25,295 Gazans have been killed since Oct. 7, Gaza health authorities said in an update on Monday.

Most of Gaza's 2.3 million residents are now penned into Rafah just south of Khan Younis and Deir al-Balah just north of it, crammed into public buildings and camps of tents made from plastic sheets lashed to wooden frames.

Lines of cars and donkey carts piled high with belongings pushed south as Gazans sought to flee the bombardments.

"This is the seventh time I get displaced," said Gazan Mariam Abu-Haleeb, weeping in a car surrounded by her possessions.

Ahmad Abu-Shaweesh, a boy, described sheltering in the Al-Aqsa University only to find it coming under attack.

"We hardly made it out... We didn't expect the tanks at the university's gates."

Gaza has had no communications or internet service for 10 days, hampering ambulance dispatches to areas targeted by Israel and preventing people from checking on one another and on the whereabouts of Israeli forces.

At Nasser Hospital, the only major hospital still accessible in Khan Younis and the largest still functioning in Gaza, video showed the trauma ward overwhelmed with wounded being treated on a floor splashed with blood.

Outside, men dug graves within the hospital grounds because it was not safe to venture out to the cemetery. Authorities said 40 people were buried there.

In Brussels, Palestinian Authority Foreign Minister Riyad al-Maliki told reporters the situation in Gaza was out of control and asked the European Union to call for a ceasefire.

"The health system has collapsed. There is no way for injured Palestinians to be treated in the Gaza strip and they are not able to leave Gaza for treatment outside."

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/israeli-tanks-cut-off-two-hospitals-new-storming-gazas-khan-younis-2024-01-22/

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

ikanreed posted:

Thank God the US is here to replace that poor tank. The biomechanical control machinery takes longer to rebuild, but they have elite teams acquiring the raw materials

Merkavas are made in Israel.

Ytlaya posted:

Have you actually tried synchronized kegeling? I haven't. Maybe it actually does work?

Goon project?

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks
lol@40 mennonites all named schmidt

Marenghi posted:

An Iraqi Airline is being sanctioned as it's accused of being used to transport Iranian arms to groups in support of the attacks on Israel.
I guess blocking trade to stop weapons being delivered is okay as long as you declare sanctions first. If only the Houthi's had their press secretary announce sanctions on Israeli vessels before they started the blockade the liberals would have been forced to accept it.
https://x.com/cspan/status/1749513771985592796?s=20

This is just cause Iraq is demanding the US out, right?

also can Hamas please take more hostages? I want to see what happens when hostage # go up

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Weka posted:

Merkavas are made in Israel.

I think Merkava hull production was actually moved to Ohio

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

carcinofuck posted:

lol@40 mennonites all named schmidt

This is just cause Iraq is demanding the US out, right?

also can Hamas please take more hostages? I want to see what happens when hostage # go up

Its just a warning that the US will sanction to them to hell and back if they go through it

The US will designate the entirety of the Iraqi government as just a wing of Iran

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Apparently the EU banned this recently sanctioned Iraqi airline back in November. Probably a coincidence.

https://simpleflying.com/eu-bans-fly-baghdad/

The thing that gets me about these sorts of sanctions is that these "Iranian backed militias" are official arms of the Iraqi government, as recently reiterated by the Iraqi PM. But strangely Iraq has not been sanctioned as a whole.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Ytlaya posted:

Have you actually tried synchronized kegeling? I haven't. Maybe it actually does work?

Good point. I'm ordering 700 yoni eggs right now

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Weka posted:

The thing that gets me about these sorts of sanctions is that these "Iranian backed militias" are official arms of the Iraqi government, as recently reiterated by the Iraqi PM. But strangely Iraq has not been sanctioned as a whole.

Sanctioning Iraq itself would be admitting there's a problem. There obviously isn't, as all those mysterious head injuries that keep trickling out of the Middle East are all just soldiers slipping on hamburger grease

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
22 IDF soldiers walk into a boobytrapped house

you'd think one of them would have seen the other ones fall down the big pit labeled "Free Soy, Inquire Within"

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Its just a warning that the US will sanction to them to hell and back if they go through it

The US will designate the entirety of the Iraqi government as just a wing of Iran

1) purge anyone who thought the Iraq war was a bad idea
2) draw way down US military presence in Iraq
3) give your ammunition to Ukraine
4) start a war with Yemen
5) pick a new fight with the Iraqi government and Iraqi people
6) ???
7) America is stronger than ever and continues to occupy Iraq no problem

beyond the evilness of the intent, it’s just breathtaking in its arrogance and stupidity.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Mister Bates posted:

so do we think Hamas is just getting really really good at singling out and picking off officers, that the Israelis are massively undercounting their casualties, or that they're so top-heavy that they're sending in formations composed almost entirely of officers without any enlisted men?

gonna laugh when it turns out hamas has stingray units or the like and have been tracking the sim cards on phones IDF soldiers are carrying around in gaza while turned on

Weka
May 5, 2019

OctaMurk posted:

I think Merkava hull production was actually moved to Ohio

Oh lol

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

double nine posted:

really wondering why that gently caress is so unwilling to flee back to philadelphia instead of keeping this bloody circus going

you think the US wouldn't extradite a US citizen to Israel? lol

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Spergin Morlock posted:

gonna laugh when it turns out hamas has stingray units or the like and have been tracking the sim cards on phones IDF soldiers are carrying around in gaza while turned on

This is happening a lot in Ukraine apparently so I assume the Israelis are even dumber and more arrogant

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/1749518861408280931

New operation name dropped. I'm sure this one will go great

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

VoicesCanBe posted:

oh yes it totally means those things, they could name it operation success 100% but that’s a bit crass all things considered

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Operation watermans attack from afar

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

VoicesCanBe posted:

ansarallah should announce operation moistened trousers in response

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Operation Mission Accomplished

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

operation kid killer

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

VoicesCanBe posted:

not a war tho btw

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Operation Archer episode

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Poseidon wasn't an archer and had nothing to do with archery. If you're going to appropriate symbols to seem cooler at least use symbols that make sense! Stupid imperial idiots don't even know how to co-opt properly.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Punkin Spunkin posted:

loving Hannibal committed suicide after resisting the Romans until he was nearly 70, was cornered near the Black Sea, and didn't wanna get captured, starved and imprisoned in filth, put on an imperial parade in chains, and then strangled to death in some dank basement.
Yall pathetic motherfuckers just don't wanna do a prisoner swap!!! Call that poo poo The Himmler Directive. Leave my mans alone.

i merely would have conquered rome at some point between cannae and zama if i wanted to be known for more than abusing elephants

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

British warship, go gently caress yourself

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

PhilippAchtel posted:

British warship, go gently caress yourself

You mean go gently caress yourself harder ..

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/derJamesJackson/status/1749436523089424770

slight backdown in squirmany

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

So loving weird how this just keeps happening

iamjohnsalt
Dec 6, 2017

Grem posted:

I know we're all aware of how the Isrealis handle rank but seeing a 19 year old staff sergeant and poo poo still blows my mind every time

i really think i saw a 25 yr old master sergeant listed somewhere its soooooo crazy

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

words fail to express dti holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

medium brain: executing hostages that are your own citizens
big brain: executing your own troops