Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

-If you come across a cop that hasn’t seen you, do not make any sudden movements or loud noises. Leave slowly.
-If they have spotted you but haven’t engaged, back off slowly while picking up any small children or pets. Try to avoid direct eye contact.
-If the cop is coming for you, do. not. run. Put your hands up as carefully as possible while avoiding anything t that could be seen as a threatening movement or noise.
-If the cop does attack, do not resist. This will make things worse.
-As an absolute last resort, fight back but it is a losing battle.

Checks out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Sagebrush posted:

I know we aren't supposed to yuck other people's yums but boy there is something about polycules that makes me into a cranky old man.

Polycules are fine. It's the dum dums that brag or complain about their polycules online that tend to be the most obnoxious.

rotinaj posted:

I am gonna tell myself that this tumblr poster is anti-poly fanfic writing bait and be happier knowing that these people do not truly exist

There are absolutely anti-poly communities and it is loving weird.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

This is what always comes to mind when I see the word "polycule".

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Hughlander posted:

AITA for putting my bf’s kids outside after he instructed them to go nuts?

quote:

... and he replied “she’s gone, Bunny. We’re here. You were gonna have to toss that creepy thing out anyway, once we moved in.” ...

I'd have loving killed this man right there in front of his now orphaned kids.

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

Ironically that post was sent to me by a member of my polycule. :v: They recognized OP's username because at one point they sent my partner a message asking to be friends, which, as we are in our thirties, weirded them out so bad they never forgot the username lmao

Batterypowered7 posted:

Oh no the accuracy :cry:

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Everett False posted:

Oh no the accuracy :cry:

yea

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Batterypowered7 posted:

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

edogawa rando posted:

It's pretty clear that the coworker in question, despite OP acting like they're mega-Hitler, is interested in Jamaican culture.

"Hey, that sounded like fun. Are you planning on going again? Here's some stuff and places I'd recommend, and try out these foods." Give suggestions like that.

What part of "I went to Jamaica and went out of my way to avoid trying any of the food" sounds like someone who is interested in Jamaican food?

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Which of these folks is Finn?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Dude on the left with the beard in the picture I quoted.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
loving love the bottom right guy who's looking at us like he's on the Office or something.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The more people in a relationship the more opportunities for relationship drama. And when a poly grouping has drama things tend to go supercritical as every other relationship in the cluster reacts to the added stresses. Makes for very visible implosions.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Dude on the left with the beard in the picture I quoted.

Thank you!

kru
Oct 5, 2003

'instead of telling him to egg off'
is pretty good

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Bruceski posted:

The more people in a relationship the more opportunities for relationship drama. And when a poly grouping has drama things tend to go supercritical as every other relationship in the cluster reacts to the added stresses. Makes for very visible implosions.

The Helvetica Scenario...

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Are the 12 cats in their own polycule?

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Cacator posted:

Are the 12 cats in their own polycule?

i mean cats default to this. they sure don't practice monogamy

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKTtaeGAqeU

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

This is basically just a rewrite of this front page article (remember those?) from 2012.

Cerekk
Sep 24, 2004

Oh my god, JC!
I like that they felt the need to specify that they lived in Portland, as though there was any question to begin with.

Next they will be making it clear that the vehicle that's being unfairly monopolized is a 2002 Outback wagon

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
As if anyone's going to be able to afford a family with just two incomes anymore. Polycules are the only way forward in this economy.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Lottery of Babylon posted:

What part of "I went to Jamaica and went out of my way to avoid trying any of the food" sounds like someone who is interested in Jamaican food?

It struck me more as ignorance rather than deliberate avoidance.

Josef bugman posted:

Which of these folks is Finn?

The one in black.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

edogawa rando posted:

It struck me more as ignorance rather than deliberate avoidance.

They were already in Jamaica. It wouldn't have been hard for them to find Jamaican food if they wanted to. And if they didn't know what it was they could ask!

Troublemaker
Mar 12, 2007

The Bramble posted:

Speaking as someone who completed a home sale and purchase last month, there is nothing like the closing days of the biggest purchase of someone’s life to make them think they know The Art of the Deal. The buyers of my old condo had an inspector note problems with another units plumbing, and insisted we fix it. As in, we had to fix our neighbors plumbing to their satisfaction. We said no, and three days of silence later they close the sale anyway. Meanwhile we quibbled over the price with the new house we wanted to buy and it came down to $5k. After threatening to walk away they ended up “throwing in” a bunch of used furniture to sweeten it all and we ended up accepting. It wasn’t worth the rental and storage fees to drag it out. But of course nothing becomes a problem until you’re 72 hours away from the closing date, it seems.

When we bought our house there was a space on one of the forms to request anything we wanted them to leave. We put down pretty much everything that was still in the mostly-cleared out house, garage, yard, and barn when we viewed it. One of the few things they left was a crappy old weirdly-rainbow colored canoe, and we were like, gently caress yes! Our house has a pond, we'll gladly take the weird beat-up old rainbow canoe instead of buying a new one! Fifteen years later and we still use it.

Also, this is my cat Roger. He's dumb as a loving brick and even he knows his name isn't spelled with a d.

Buzzman
Feb 21, 2011
My(22F) boyfriend (25M) has added hotwheels into our sex life and I find it ridiculous?

quote:

We only started dating about 3 months ago, and the first time he “spiced up” things by taking a hotwheel and drove it across my breasts during pillow talk after sex. I thought it was hilarious, considering that he’s like 6’4 and built like a greed god and plays sports, I just didn’t expect him to even own a toy car, turns out, he’s got a mad collection of probably hundreds of hotwheels.

Ever since I don’t really know why, there’s always a toy car in our bed while sex, while I’m giving him oral he would drive it across my back, or when I’m on my stomach, drive it over my arse while making car noises, and he does it with passion, sometimes it’s a drag race, sometimes it’s a police chase. He’d stop when I tell him to, and goes back to normal. Sexually I am satisfied, but this whole toy shtick is starting to bother me. He has a great sense of humour and I feel like I’m not seeing the “meme” or I’m just being lame. I don’t know if men generally do this. He’s my first ever boyfriend so I don’t really know what and how to feel about this

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Roger + Rainbow Canoe for new thread mascots

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Buzzman posted:

My(22F) boyfriend (25M) has added hotwheels into our sex life and I find it ridiculous?

zoom zoom

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Buzzman posted:

If he doesn't stop, "beat that" is going to be his only means of satisfaction, huh?

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Yet another "Reddit help I'm in a perfect relationship with a perfect partner, how can I ruin it" post. :rolleyes:

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
I saw a Hot Wheels bin at my local grocery store not 30 minutes ago with the new slogan 'Challenge Accepted'. This lady sounds like she's not accepting of the challenge at all. :colbert:

databasic
Jan 8, 2024
i am almost 40 and recently divorced but not in a sexy divorcee lady way, more in an aging hambeast goon kind of way.

how do i talk to men i think are cute tia

(i am not ready to talk to men i think are cute because i lack the stability rn but this may come up eventually)

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

databasic posted:

i am almost 40 and recently divorced but not in a sexy divorcee lady way, more in an aging hambeast goon kind of way.

(i am not ready to talk to men i think are cute because i lack the stability rn but this may come up eventually)
Step 1: Read all the AITA and r/relationships posts in this thread and take notes on how they handle it
Step 2: Do literally none of those things, ever

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

databasic posted:

You should start every date with an interrogation on their rear end hygiene.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

keep punching joe posted:

Is this some weird American race thing, like Spanish better because considered white?

It’s absolutely a race thing and not just American - it also occurs a lot in Latin American countries. Spanish = cultured, noble European ancestry, not one of those dark savage natives, etc etc. Very much Not A Good Look whether he had any idea of what he was doing or not (and he sounds fuckin racist even if he didn’t explicitly mean it that way anyways), and honestly plenty reason enough by itself to break up with him

Like not that I have any experience with it but pretty sure if you introduce your Mexican fiancé as Spanish in just the right wrong situation, and you’re as oblivious of a racist as that dude is/was, there’s a reasonable chance of catching a few hands from a pissed off brother or cousin

idiotsavant fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jan 23, 2024

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

databasic posted:

Inquire whether they would take offense to you eating their shredded cheese.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

idiotsavant posted:

It’s absolutely a race thing and not just American - it also occurs a lot in Latin American countries. Spanish = cultured, noble European ancestry, not one of those dark savage natives, etc etc. Very much Not A Good Look whether he had any idea of what he was doing or not (and he sounds fuckin racist even if he didn’t explicitly mean it that way anyways), and honestly plenty reason enough by itself to break up with him

Like not that I have any experience with it but pretty sure if you introduce your Mexican fiancé as Spanish in just the right wrong situation, and you’re as oblivious of a racist as that dude is/was, there’s a reasonable chance of catching a few hands from a pissed off brother or cousin

Yeah, I learned about this sort of thing going on over in Brazil, and it was a big talking point back in 2020, when Pablo Matera, the Argentinian rugby player, got some old racist tweets dug up.

databasic
Jan 8, 2024

MagusofStars posted:

Step 1: Read all the AITA and r/relationships posts in this thread and take notes on how they handle it
Step 2: Do literally none of those things, ever

ok ty

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

You should start every date with an interrogation on their rear end hygiene.

i will never do this

Batterypowered7 posted:

Inquire whether they would take offense to you eating their shredded cheese.

this may actually be very important because are you familiar with Cincinnati chili and/or Cincinnati coneys

should I also ask about Frank's Red Hot or would that be too forward and/or racy :wink:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The kind of woman who doesnt understand her dates confusion when she says no, I like onions when asked if shes open to three ways

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

databasic posted:

this may actually be very important because are you familiar with Cincinnati chili and/or Cincinnati coneys

Don't ask about three ways or four until at least the second date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

databasic posted:

i will never do this

You're dead to me