Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Yeah how dare they besmirch the freshly blooming flower of prestige TV that is the newest season of True Detective

lol i mean yeah? what exactly do you think that label is reserved for if not "HBO Original Series Starring Jodie Foster"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

AI Pawnee genocide mural

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

i got bored yesterday and watched white house down, its been a while since i watched olympus has fallen but this was a way more fun movie

also i memory holed this or something but theres a scene where jamie foxx goes out of his way to save a pair of jordans

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

i say swears online posted:

AI Pawnee genocide mural

lmao

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
thje best part of sopranos was AJ having a slipknot poster and marilyn manson shirt. today if they made it it would be the soypranos and AJ would listen to slapknot and mrreln mustard or something. smh

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

AI Pawnee genocide mural

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

AJ Soprano Mudvayne show story arc

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

josh04 posted:

oh right i came here to recommend 'The Beekeeper', the only film that dares to have the villain be nft hunter biden.

It certainly has good buzz

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Blood Boils posted:

It certainly has good buzz

towards the climax a character says "to bee or not to bee"

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
I rewatched Crimson Tide yesterday for the first time in a few years. Hackman and Denzel are goated

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

the milk machine posted:

I rewatched Crimson Tide yesterday for the first time in a few years. Hackman and Denzel are goated

love watching them just do S-tier actor poo poo at each other the whole movie. the scene where they're both just yelling over each other, wonderful

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

love watching them just do S-tier actor poo poo at each other the whole movie. the scene where they're both just yelling over each other, wonderful

it's a great flick and everyone is just super sweaty and Acting all over the place. the cast is loaded

also Ryan Phillipe's feature film debut

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

AI Pawnee genocide mural

lmao

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

josh04 posted:

towards the climax a character says "to bee or not to bee"

Ayer's done it again!

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

AI Pawnee genocide mural

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

AI Pawnee genocide mural

Great username

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

AI Pawnee genocide mural

that mural was one of the hardest times I've ever laughed in my life, along with Bicken Bones. my friends got mad they had to pause it because they couldn't hear over my laughing. I almost puked

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Popy posted:

Entourage is a glimpse into a different time a pre-2008 crash time.

entourage is a show about how weird and scummy hollywood is taken from the perspective of people who think theyre being edgy and cool when its pretty obvious they should really just be ashamed of themselves

huh you know i always kind of thought entourage was just sex and the city for boys but i dont think i could have told you in what way the two are similar until i wrote that just now

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
vince can do the movie!

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

AnimeIsTrash posted:

all the lanfear/berelain scenes were also written 1 handed by jordan

anytime theyre mentioned he talks about how they have huge cans

Nobody "crosses their arms" they "cross their arms under their breasts"

It's like my dude you can just say their arms are crossed it's ok everyone knows what you mean

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

i liked seeing my favorite characters on screen like loial and saying "hey there's loial, from the books"

All I could think of is the Godfather meme "look at how they massacred my Boy" when I first saw him.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

as a non-book-reader who's only seen (some of) the show it's weird to me to hear that Robert Jordan was a normal typical sex weird, bc the show is only really horny about wizard tower femdom sex and the only character anyone pervs on is Lan

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

LegoMan posted:

Nobody "crosses their arms" they "cross their arms under their breasts"

It's like my dude you can just say their arms are crossed it's ok everyone knows what you mean
it's important to emphasize that they're presenting the breasts, rather than hiding them with a high-cross

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

indigi posted:

that mural was one of the hardest times I've ever laughed in my life, along with Bicken Bones. my friends got mad they had to pause it because they couldn't hear over my laughing. I almost puked

it's the best gag in the show

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

indigi posted:

It's such a good joke and I do a big ol :) everytime it shows up in an episode. Parks and Rec ftw

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/Variety/status/1749553777206509836?s=20

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I'M SO FREAKIN' READY FOR THIS

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

watching ted lasso (which i am freaking ready for) and getting groomed
https://x.com/NySportsHere1/status/1656136542723756038?s=20

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Sure, things that suck get renewed all the time

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

lol at the showrunner getting defensive about it

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pretzel Rod Serling posted:

lol at the showrunner getting defensive about it

i didn't realize it was the same person who directed Tigers are Not Afraid. that movie was.... okay

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

there was a picture of The Thing near the entertainment center at the arctic lab for like a brief second in True Detective S4 idk if it was like a VHS but i saw movie boxart.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

loquacius posted:

Sure, things that suck get renewed all the time

all the boomers in my life love ted lasso and eventually my dad sat us down to watch it. i cant believe the degree to which its not really a tv show or any kind of narrative work of art? its just people hanging out. the culmination of Warhol's dream

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
they went and made a show with no conflicts and no stakes, and its wildly popular. that owns, from a distance

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

ram dass in hell posted:

thje best part of sopranos was AJ having a slipknot poster and marilyn manson shirt. today if they made it it would be the soypranos and AJ would listen to slapknot and mrreln mustard or something. smh

at one point they had posters from bands like ulver and rotting christ in the kids' rooms lol

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

PerniciousKnid posted:

I'm watching my kids play Pokemon Fire Red and the gym leader Lt Surge had a pre battle speech about how electric-type Pokemon got him through the war by paralyzing his enemies. I guess I didn't think deeply enough about the implications of Pokemon for the world. :psyduck:

You can eat Pokémon in the newer games.

given when Pokémon was originally released Lt Surge has to have fought in Gulf War 1 correct? What was Saddam’s team?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

galagazombie posted:

given when Pokémon was originally released Lt Surge has to have fought in Gulf War 1 correct? What was Saddam’s team?

in December 2003 they said they found him in a spider hole but it was really dug by a sandshrew

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Popy posted:

there was a picture of The Thing near the entertainment center at the arctic lab for like a brief second in True Detective S4 idk if it was like a VHS but i saw movie boxart.

that movie The Lodge did this obnoxious poo poo too

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

galagazombie posted:

I thought the implication was it was wwii considering the game is based off of the devs childhood experience

josh04 posted:

oh right i came here to recommend 'The Beekeeper', the only film that dares to have the villain be nft hunter biden.

you should all go watch One More Shot instead its like five dollars on amazon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Al! posted:

they went and made a show with no conflicts and no stakes, and its wildly popular. that owns, from a distance

Part of why I hate it so much is that there was conflict in the show's premise and first few episodes and it just kind of fizzled out because they had no interest in it

It is a slice-of-life anime of a TV show