Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

when is someone gonna make a good scifi arpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Mass Effect 2

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
I don't know anything about Warhammer but WH40K Inquisitor Martyr is fun. That Chaos Bane or Storm Bane one is supposed to be pretty good as well and was like $8 over Xmas.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yeah it's good but it would be nice to have a Sci-Fi Universe where the humans aren't just the good guys

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

I for one am looking forward to playing this video game tomorrow

El Scandelouse
Jan 10, 2003

Love, Drunkchat.
Thinking about playing some D4 tomorrow but Escape from Tarkov is better.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Shredder posted:

when is someone gonna make a good scifi arpg

I heard the ascent was good

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yeah it's good but it would be nice to have a Sci-Fi Universe where the humans aren't just the good guys

This is what I like about Warhammer 40K, no one is good. At least in the official lore, no one is actually good. But in the video games they are always retconned to be the noble always do good and save the galaxy species. But table top imperium of mankind doesn't care about any of that.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Papercut posted:

It's not. It's good looking but otherwise mediocre/bad.

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

Papercut posted:

played this for about 2 hours when it came out with my friend. his game crashed and it deleted his save. we did not return

anyhow what class you guys playing tomorrow? I did barb s1 and rogue s2. I'm leaning barb again

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band
I'm going sorc. I haven't played it since release so I want to try it out again.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
After Rogue probably barb to see what all the HotA fuss is about

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Trying out ranged Rogue in SC, not sure about HC yet. Maybe Barb if you don't need all 3 shouts anymore for endgame stuff.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Going rogue, which I haven’t played yet outside of the beta weekend. Thinking ranged but wouldn’t say no to a fun melee build.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am going Rogue this season as well. Good to see a few others jumping in too.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Here's the class wheel if y'all need help picking.

Official Diablo 4 Class Wheel

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

My wheel is down to Rogue and Druid. If it lands on Rogue, I'll focus on ranged. If Druid, lightning storm all the way

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Oh hey, would you look at that

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
I said I’d do rogue this season but I’m kind of curious about all the bone changes for necro. I did bone spear in preseason and liked it, might revisit that with bone spirit.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Rogue for SC and then swap over to HC for a Sorc in a month or two!

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

AlbertFlasher posted:

I'm going sorc. I haven't played it since release so I want to try it out again.

Was leaning this but i really haven't legit played a barb yet so im goin big strong man

poop chute
Nov 16, 2023

by Athanatos

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

You're describing 40k, a setting where humanity is literally responsible for everything sucking. A big moment, historically, is the Imperium encountering a society during the Great Crusade, who embraces aliens, knows about the space hell bullshit, is basically the ideal version of the imperium (Minus the, well, imperialism).

The imperium loving slaughters them without even learning from them, when it could have stopped the whole 41st millennium from sucking dick.

I said come in! posted:

This is what I like about Warhammer 40K, no one is good. At least in the official lore, no one is actually good. But in the video games they are always retconned to be the noble always do good and save the galaxy species. But table top imperium of mankind doesn't care about any of that.

I've heard the new CRPG is really unambiguous about how you suck and are a tool of a fascist empire, but I haven't played it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What is going to be the best rogue build?

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

I've taken druid necro and sorc to 100 (pre/1/2 in order) someone convince me on rogue or barb for tomorrow please? Are any builds looking super exciting for either?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

great big cardboard tube posted:

I've taken druid necro and sorc to 100 (pre/1/2 in order) someone convince me on rogue or barb for tomorrow please? Are any builds looking super exciting for either?

Charge Barbarian and Pen Shot Rogue should both be top tier and extremely fast & fun playstyles

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

I said come in! posted:

What is going to be the best rogue build?

Early theory-crafting people are saying Penetrating Shot. Twisting Blades will still be good, just slightly less effective than before. But everything is kind of up in the air until people figure out the impact of the spider bot.

I really liked my season 0 TB Rogue with the unique pants that made Death Trap almost constantly up.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I am going to play Barbarian

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I rolled rogue but took one through everything last season. Spun again and got sorcerer. Hope meteors is amazing tbh.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Nope blizzard Microsoft still not getting my money this game sucks

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Thanks for the update

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
lot of mindshare of this game for people not interested in playing it ever again

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d4/t/updates-to-the-patch-notes-new-unique-drop-location-nmd-rotation-world-boss-drop-updates/146626

tldr: good NMD rotation, all new uniques drop from Beast in Ice which i guess is why they wanted you to get mats for him from more places. World Boss drops updated so you can no longer hit WT4 at 60 and get a 925, it scales based on level

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Randabis posted:

:ok:

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Randabis posted:

I appreciate your resolve.

I however am weak.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

harrygomm posted:

World Boss drops updated so you can no longer hit WT4 at 60 and get a 925, it scales based on level

Ah, a slower and more tedious grind for good gear. Exactly what this game needed

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

quote:

Player Level below 70: 785-885

Player Level 71-80: 815-905

Player Level 81-90: 845-925

Player Level 91-100: 890-925

905 max at lvl 71+ is especially just baffling. Deckchairs on the titanic levels of pointless micromanaging

crackers for dinner
Jun 18, 2008

wemgo posted:

The game just needs more to do if they want to maintain engagement. More skills, more skill modifiers, more uniques, more aspects, more bosses, more (and less repetitive) NMDs, more challenges, more gear upgrade paths, more crafting, more minigames, more story, etc etc

the skills feel still feel so underwhelming to me, and really miss the mark on "not needing a game guide!" imo

necromancer, for example: all these shadow based skills, but there is no shadow damage DOT ultimate?* no ultimate that generates corpses or uses them in some unique way? the freaking minions don't even synchronize with a majority of the abilities. where are the shadow knights or shadow golem? wouldn't i want all my minions to be able to proc the key passive? why doesn't my blood golem have synergy with any of the blood passives? why do we even have "ice" mages when none of the other necro skills are ice based?

*well technically there is a unique that turns two of your ultimates (and potentially your golem) into shadow based damage. but you would not know that without a guide, which goes against the design "philosophy" they touted for the past 2ish years.

ironically, do you know what game does a good job of not needing an outside guide? literally showing you in-game loot without the need to exit to a website? hell, if you're really lost you can look at sample build from within the game UI itself!

that game is Diablo Immortal.

i played the campaign and then deleted it, please don't make fun of me. :(

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

crackers for dinner posted:

*well technically there is a unique that turns two of your ultimates (and potentially your golem) into shadow based damage. but you would not know that without a guide, which goes against the design "philosophy" they touted for the past 2ish years.

What. You absolutely don't need guides for an aspect that you get naturally just by playing the game and reading the description of the aspect in game. It might not drop immediately but there's plenty of stuff to sink your teeth into while you discover things naturally, there's no need to do deep dives into youtube icebergs and unofficial wiki rabbit holes.

One thing that isn't easy or obvious to know about in game is all the uniques (ubers especially) but that's been true since Diablo 2.

I agree that shadow damage and shadow damage over time is not intuitive all the time, there needs to be more and clearer in game guidance, but you absolutely don't need a guide for most of the stuff in this game.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
When's the patch, I got demons to slay and not enough time to do it in

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

10am PT / 1pm ET usually iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU