Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
my brother has 1k hours in Shadow Empire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Phenotype posted:

Okay I can't figure out if people are being sarcastic anymore. Does it really have a well-designed open world with secrets everywhere? I skipped it cause I thought it was just another survival thing with pokemon attached with a janky overly-big map full of cheap textures.

I'd say it's more like Satisfactory's map, but yeah it's actually good and has nice variety and a couple types of collectibles to find a whole bunch of.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

*puts finger to earpiece* a second celebrity has cut a Tekken video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsQVrHi5J7Q

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

*puts finger to earpiece* a second celebrity has cut a Tekken video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsQVrHi5J7Q

That's two celebrities. Give KAT a break!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Got my son a steam deck for his birthday. He loves it. I got it loaded with 100 games and I got emudeck on it loaded with 137 more.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/KaroshiMyriad/status/1749617069115752784?s=20

Another one for the graveyard

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

EightFlyingCars posted:

ac6 rules

balteus was such a fun fight. too bad i only got to fight it once :smug:

:)

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

verbal enema posted:

my brother has 1k hours in Shadow Empire

he's winning at life

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/1749616726835073195?s=20

Hold on, let him speak

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Dark Arisen struck a great balance between "infinite fast travel making the world feel tiny" and "you have to waste tons of time re-traversing the same paths over and over". Pre-expansion Dragon's Dogma went too overboard, IIRC only giving you a single Portcrystal (placeable fast travel anchor) per NG cycle and the Ferrystones you used to actually do the fast travelling were both consumable and very expensive. Dark Arisen really improved that by giving you several more Portcrystals per playthrough and giving you an infinite non-consumable Ferrystone, so by the end of the game you can build up quite a comprehensive fast travel network that still isn't quite large enough to trivialize travel to every corner of the map, so you had to place them strategically to minimize travel between the maximum number of locations. Hopefully DD2 doesn't go too far back in the other direction.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
If they let me fly a gryphon around I'll never want to fast travel anywhere.

Videogames have failed gryphon riding for too long.

Hell, the world has. They can make goats and germs produce supersilk, but they can't make an eagle be a little bit Lion?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I hope the inventory system is better

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

My only real problem with Dragon's Dogma was not always knowing where you were suppose to go. Traveling was fun though.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

homeless snail posted:

know youre in for some poo poo when you see <下>

What does 下 mean in that context? Not familiar with that one.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
The coop game my brother and i have perhaps settled on is the Starship Troopers horde shooter mostly since he said he'd buy it for me

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Paying2Lurk posted:

I thought those smaller Riot Forge games were pretty good. And it was nice seeing smaller teams get a chance with a bigger IP. But, they didn't make ALL the money so of course they gotta go. :mad:

I think it’s less they didn’t make all the money and more that they didn’t make any money. Pretty much all of them seemed to be completely ignored. I wouldn’t be surprised if it came out that they decided Forge was ending after Mageseeker and Convergence both flopped. A real shame since like you said they were all pretty good, especially Mageseeker.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

just going by review numbers on steam, most of them are selling around what you'd expect from, like, a mid tier indie production. it's probably a strategy they'll only try again after they get another big production out the door like the MMO that raises the profile sufficiently to get more people interested

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, from what it looks like, they released Light of the Jedi and Into the Dark in two volumes each in Japan for whatever reason

No <下>, no sell.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

I don't get it, they finish the story and then a month later they turn off the game?

Blankspace
Dec 13, 2006

lordfrikk posted:

I don't get it, they finish the story and then a month later they turn off the game?

the ultimate pinnacle of gacha findom is when the account you've poured real money and hundreds or thousands of hours into gets perma-deleted with no way to replay any of it outside of youtube videos. if they kept the game going forever then how could you ever feel that sweet release?

honestly it's too generous of them to actually finish the story first. true gachahead sickos prefer the cancellation to come after a bunch of meaningless filler and cliffhangers to never be continued, it makes it more real. even better if they run some sort of new event made to squeeze money out of you prior to the closure announcement... that's the stuff.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I'm extremely late to the meme but I finally figured out the best joke I could come up with:

So be it if someone else made this joke

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Jan 23, 2024

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Pigbuster posted:

What does 下 mean in that context? Not familiar with that one.

I think here it means it's the second book of two.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

lordfrikk posted:

normally a mobile game that isn't bringing in enough money to make up for the opportunity cost would just get instantly deleted, yoko taro probably had enough clout to convince them to let him finish his story first

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Occasionally a gacha game will come back with an offline version that has most of said gacha elements stripped away however (though the only examples I can think of are Megaman X Dive and Kingdom Hearts Union Cross/Dark Road, and even there the latter had most of the gameplay stripped out as well)

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Larryb posted:

Occasionally a gacha game will come back with an offline version that has most of said gacha elements stripped away however (though the only examples I can think of are Megaman X Dive and Kingdom Hearts Union Cross/Dark Road, and even there the latter had most of the gameplay stripped out as well)

Netflix games has been doing this. I don't know the details but presumably they bought the rights to republish games and Netflix games don't have microtransactions.

Obviously you still need Netflix so it's not really completely offline.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The endless runner game Sonic Dash also got a version without the microtransactions released on Apple Arcade a little while back

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Lol last of us 2 remastered came out and no one is talking about it

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
What is there to talk about?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The new Roguelike mode I suppose?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Most of what I've heard is "They really should have called this 'Director's Cut' and not 'Remastered'" and "adding a roguelike mode kinda undermines the main game's themes of cycles of violence huh"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGJIpCAkc-0

Let's talk about Peach instead

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

How does this action star keep getting kidnapped

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Waffleman_ posted:

Most of what I've heard is "They really should have called this 'Director's Cut' and not 'Remastered'" and "adding a roguelike mode kinda undermines the main game's themes of cycles of violence huh"
I dunno, Roguelikes are kind of the ultimate representation of a never ending cycle of violence where nobody ever learns any lessons :v:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm glad they gave Peach a Job System

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

This looks way better than the DS Peach game from a while back if nothing else

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Can't wait. Just a bunch of different little games in one.

In the previous trailer it looked like Kung Fu Peach had a Yie Ar Kung Fu section :allears:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n3ZzHTGBzI

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

i put on the Persona 5 soundtrack today, and idk exactly what it is, but even when actively listening i can't catch like 80% of the lyrics. Idk if it's the singer's singing style, the mixing, my speakers, or my admittedly subpar speech processing (i always put on subtitles when watching movies) but it's driving me crazy

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Pastel Pink Joycons also announced to launch alongside Princess Peach

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Jay Rust posted:

i put on the Persona 5 soundtrack today, and idk exactly what it is, but even when actively listening i can't catch like 80% of the lyrics. Idk if it's the singer's singing style, the mixing, my speakers, or my admittedly subpar speech processing (i always put on subtitles when watching movies) but it's driving me crazy

it's largely because lyn doesn't speak english. i half remember reading an article in which shoji meguro said he writes english lyrics because a: it sounds cool to japanese players and b: it's less distracting to the game dialogue. which obviously doesn't help english speakers, but the pronunciation makes it somewhat unintelligible anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Shard posted:

Lol last of us 2 remastered came out and no one is talking about it

This is the actual best thing about palworld