Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I hope the season is fun. I was hoping to feel excited about it, but it hasn't really hit me yet. Maybe the gauntlet will provide something fun to work towards, but eh.

It's really hard for me to get past the unsatisfying itemization D4 currently offers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

omg chael crash posted:

I am going to play Barbarian

You can’t

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Ehud posted:

I hope the season is fun. I was hoping to feel excited about it, but it hasn't really hit me yet. Maybe the gauntlet will provide something fun to work towards, but eh.

It's really hard for me to get past the unsatisfying itemization D4 currently offers.

No shame in that, I have the same with PoE as well. Sometimes it takes a few patches to rouse my interest again. Good thing we are spoiled with choice in ARPGs, amazing times

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

harrygomm posted:

World Boss drops updated so you can no longer hit WT4 at 60 and get a 925, it scales based on level

Oh good it was actually bad that people could do this thanks blizzard

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

borat not

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Is a ranged Rogue build actually going to be viable this season? Always loved zooming around with a Demon Hunter blasting everything from a screen away in D3 but all of the bow stuff for Rogue that I've tried so far feels really anemic and like 1000x weaker than just doing the one Twisting Blades build.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Finishing up my dumb WFH bullshit so that I can feed my spider bot stones and kill demons in a few hours.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
managed to finish death stranding last night so i'm good to turn brain off and grind with my spiderbro later

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Is a ranged Rogue build actually going to be viable this season? Always loved zooming around with a Demon Hunter blasting everything from a screen away in D3 but all of the bow stuff for Rogue that I've tried so far feels really anemic and like 1000x weaker than just doing the one Twisting Blades build.

Well TB got tuned down several ways this patch, with tibalts being fixed and TB itself doing 2 hits of 30% poison instead of 3 hits of 100% poison. So there's a chance the ranged build is more competitive - but really I think it depends on what degenerate combos get found this season

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

Jeff Fatwood posted:

905 max at lvl 71+ is especially just baffling. Deckchairs on the titanic levels of pointless micromanaging

Piecemealing gear out is actually a genius move because the entire game is just leveling and gearing atm and still nothing to do with that end game gear. Keeping players engaged longer is a key metric to a successful mmo

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
wudijo has a bunch of speculative season 3 videos out and he looks very ill. even more pale than normal. please try to get some sunlight, goons.

Kaysette fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jan 23, 2024

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Kaysette posted:

wudijo has a bunch of speculative tier 3 videos out and he looks very ill. even more pale than normal. please try to get some sunlight, goons.

He's German, that's just how they look

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Kaysette posted:

wudijo has a bunch of speculative tier 3 videos out and he looks very ill. even more pale than normal. please try to get some sunlight, goons.

can't....must release...season 3 diablo 4 build tier....list...

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

MrMidnight posted:

can't....must release...season 3 diablo 4 build tier....list...

The youtuber lifepoint of being between making it and dying off is not one I envy

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

Superterranean posted:

Well TB got tuned down several ways this patch, with tibalts being fixed and TB itself doing 2 hits of 30% poison instead of 3 hits of 100% poison. So there's a chance the ranged build is more competitive - but really I think it depends on what degenerate combos get found this season

they fixed the extra combo points on the pants too, not that you needed it ope you said this

warning about playing tb rogue, every other class will feel like molasses afterwards, the speed is addicting

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kaysette posted:

managed to finish death stranding last night so i'm good to turn brain off and grind with my spiderbro later

Death Stranding is such a great game. Very excited for the sequel.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Update is live.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

season 3 doesnt begin though for another 50 minutes.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

I said come in! posted:

season 3 doesnt begin though for another 50 minutes.

Battlenet seems to never work well for me, I started downloading the patch 30 minutes ago and I'm still not halfway. Speeds rising to 8 Mbs and tanking back to 20 kbs constantly

jiffynuts
Jul 6, 2005

It's a-me-a-ha-me-ha
Any early word on how WASD movement is? Bees knees or clunky?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mikojan posted:

Battlenet seems to never work well for me, I started downloading the patch 30 minutes ago and I'm still not halfway. Speeds rising to 8 Mbs and tanking back to 20 kbs constantly

Do you get this with other downloaders/launchers? I was for the longest time and found a solution on the official Electronic Arts forums: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports-Technical-Issues/incredibly-slow-download-speeds/m-p/12501617/highlight/true#M39530 that fixed it for me

quote:

You can fix the download speed by opening Windows PowerShell as an admin, and run this code:

netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Jeff Fatwood posted:

905 max at lvl 71+ is especially just baffling. Deckchairs on the titanic levels of pointless micromanaging

this is really dumb. making the loot even less attractive is even dumber. it's almost as if they don't play the game and are doing their best to try to extend the pointless grind...

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
If it's any consolation, with the new patch you're stronger with a 905 weapon than you were in the old sandbox with a 925 lol

Smoll number = sad gamer obviously but like you do more damage, kill big enemy easier, etc

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
We are IN!

Last second change to Double Swing Barb. lessssgoooo!

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

lol barbarian looks nuts this season

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

What’s the word on Druid?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

What’s the word on Druid?

Insane! As long as you like being incredibly fast but also powerful

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Do you get this with other downloaders/launchers? I was for the longest time and found a solution on the official Electronic Arts forums: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports-Technical-Issues/incredibly-slow-download-speeds/m-p/12501617/highlight/true#M39530 that fixed it for me

I actually just now found a solution that instantly fixed my problem:

Ticking the download limit on and setting it to 999999

Somehow the setting was limiting my download speed, even when not enabled

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
minion AI isn't changed, mobs still walk into traps of screen so that's at partial health or sometimes dead. your minion walks into traps and "dies" easily, uses big cooldowns on single mobs, so i'm guessing it just uses them off cd without regard to if they're AoE or whatever

it's hitting for about as much as my basic attack in my mid 30s as barb

charge seems cool but even with the over 9000 % damage increase it's not doing much more damage than core skills atm

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

queeb posted:

lol barbarian looks nuts this season

Would you please elaborate? I haven't been keeping up with the news for this season.

e: regurgitating this from a different gaming discord, haven't verified myself

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jan 23, 2024

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
I had that issue. Teleporting to hub didn’t work, I just went to an over world construct area and did a couple events and went back and it worked. Must’ve been because I switched instances doing that.

Minion seems somewhat useless so far but I appreciate there’s a clear quest line that I’m leveling up quite fast on.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
The shield rune thing is ok. Everything else so far is kinda meh

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Does Barb even break free from having zero loving fury? Like I'm mad IRL i wish my guy was equally as furious in game :mad:

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Use +Fury On Use nodes on skills like Leap and Stomp.

There's a passive in the Ultimates tier that gives you +Fury on weapon swap that greatly soothes the problem.

No, you never have enough Fury.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
yeah you get enough fury with plenty of builds, especially now that unbridled rage is no longer needed. aspects for rings are the best way until paragon is online

charge is an absolute liability in the trap areas, as anyone should have seen coming

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

Does Barb even break free from having zero loving fury? Like I'm mad IRL i wish my guy was equally as furious in game :mad:

At the start, not really but it’s something that gets better and better as you level up and get the right aspects

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
double swing attack animation still bugged and sometimes animation locks you for 2-3 seconds. steel grasp still bugged and doesn't always pull mobs in and/or apply vuln, leap still bugged and doesn't always reposition you and/or give 40 fury. charge is a liability in trap areas

oh well, guess it's back to triple shout HotA until/if they fix any of those abilities

harrygomm fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jan 23, 2024

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am liking this new season. The new dungeons for this season are much better designed and accessible. Blizzard listened and addressed many of my chief complaints about the design of Diablo IV.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

just casually one shotting rares into the wall with charge, this poo poo owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Kaysette posted:

wudijo has a bunch of speculative season 3 videos out and he looks very ill. even more pale than normal. please try to get some sunlight, goons.

Whats just what happens when you collaborate with known scammer elon musk