Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

a sexual elk posted:

Steel. Reserve.

Or Svedka Diet Pepsi
Olde English IMHO. however they lost much of their cachet when they moved from glass bottles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

C-Euro posted:

If you've lost ten pounds by not drinking for three weeks then
1. Good on ya
2. You were either drinking way too much or I have absolutely no concept of the caloric content of alcohol

Conversely, I have beer in the house for the first time in months (needed a can for some chili I made over the weekend).

My weight loss was a mixture of:

1. Not drinking
2. Coming back from a trip, so I was starting with a lot of water weight that went away after a couple of days
3. Working out 5x a week for 45min - 1 hour at a time
4. Trying to watch what I eat

I've lost weight while drinking, the issue is that drinking makes me want to snack a lot.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

OE is like a light beer, Mickeys might as well be fizzy water

\/\/\/ yeah

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jan 23, 2024

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
White Claw you mean?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Air Skwirl posted:

It will 100% not be the zoomers fault if trump gets re-elected.

https://www.claimscon.org/millennial-study/

Ether Frenzy fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jan 23, 2024

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

seiferguy posted:

My weight loss was a mixture of:

1. Not drinking
2. Coming back from a trip, so I was starting with a lot of water weight that went away after a couple of days
3. Working out 5x a week for 45min - 1 hour at a time
4. Trying to watch what I eat

I've lost weight while drinking, the issue is that drinking makes me want to snack a lot.

Oh that was directed at Joey, but keep at it :hf: I also get really hungry when I drink, hence keeping beer out of the house for the most part.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
It’s not literally just the drinking that did it, but instead of spending the next day hung over or at least feeling lazy, I’ve gotten up and been more active. I’m also not eating like poo poo like I do while I’m drunk so that’s a factor too but there’s a common thread between all of them.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Also booze-free drinks are becoming popular around here and I’m glad the product exists for those who want it, but lol

I’m not drinking beer without alcohol lol. “Why yes I do want all the carbs of a loaf of bread in a disgusting liquid. What a deal!!!”

The calories in NA beers vary wildly, just like regular beers. You can find a 12oz can for under 50 calories, or closer to 120. Light beers are under 100, stouts closer to 200, and most others around 150.

Most importantly, if I have a booze-free beer I probably don’t want another one because that itch has been scratched. Way easier to have one more beer after having one beer, imo.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Coco13 posted:

Way easier to have one more beer after having one beer, imo.

I believe the saying goes (for people like me) “you drink the first beer, the second beer drinks itself.”

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

I believe the saying goes (for people like me) “you drink the first beer, the second beer drinks itself.”

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

So it begins

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Yeah, most of the problems with life today is that too many working class people had a beer. Good observation

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

People who haven't drank since before Covid wow.

Here I've been proud of myself to limit it to binge drinking once a week.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I drink very rarely, but I also just pass out when I do, so it's not much fun, though it happens so fast I've also never managed to last long enough to get a hangover.

Last time I drank was when Kissinger died

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

I'm a big red stripe after work person. One beer when I log off to help my brain transition to a different mental state.

I also use a lot of weed. So I think that any claim of moderation is moot.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
My favorite two types of TikTok Videos are:
1) 15 year olds who think there's going to be a life for them so they moan about "Genocide"
2) People who say they've never had hangovers

Live a little, both of you. LOL

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Yeah my biggest issue with drinking was if I start, then I want another. I crack a beer, then I want another. Then hey, why not a small glass of whiskey?

When I try to stop drinking the first 2 days are tough with the cravings then it falls off and I'm not bothered by it. It's very hard for me to drink in moderation.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I guess I'm the odd one because I can easily have just one beer/drink and that's it. Probably helps that when I'm at home I usually can only have one drink before I just fall asleep on the couch. I also tend to favor beer more than anything because it means I get full faster, which will make me not want to drink more.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

I like Japanese whiskey blends so if it's a playoff game in NFL/NHL/MLB I will have a few cocktails. Usually either sours or julips*

*I don't use bourbon so it's technically not a mint julip but mint and Japanese whiskey I've had really go well together.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I have a bad habit of playing cards once a week and drinking a lot of vodka / soda / lime

hey it's low calorie! *drinks ten*

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Forrest on Fire posted:

I'm a big red stripe after work person. One beer when I log off to help my brain transition to a different mental state.

I also use a lot of weed. So I think that any claim of moderation is moot.

weed got me off heavy drinking and onto heavy weeding, but i don't feel like poo poo in the morning so hooray!

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
A record I ordered back in October got delivered to my old address. gently caress!!!!!!!

I don’t know if I care enough to try and see if it got returned or if they just held onto it. The album wasn’t that good. Still mad

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

JPrime posted:

weed got me off heavy drinking and onto heavy weeding, but i don't feel like poo poo in the morning so hooray!

I bought an E Nano and went from sore and coughing all the time to a generally functioning person. Big endorsement to vape technology in general.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Not really sure what that has to do with the election. Biden currently leads among the 35 and younger set by 16 points.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

kiimo posted:

I have a bad habit of playing cards once a week and drinking a lot of vodka / soda / lime

hey it's low calorie! *drinks ten*

I used to go to this goon's house around Pasadena back during community college like once a week to play hold 'em and he had the most stocked booze cabinet I've ever seen outside of an actual bar. so many old fashioneds gone, like tears in the rain...

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jan 23, 2024

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I’d be very interested in seeing how many 18-29 respondents that survey got. It seems unlikely that 20% of zoomers are goosestepping all over the place.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Gen Z not knowing about the holocaust isn't surprising to me. There's not many holocaust survivors left to keep it in the public purview, and my world history classes glossed over it like "Well World War 2 happened, Hitler didn't like the Jews, he killed a lot of them, US came in and turned the tide and nuked Japan, next topic."

Gonna imagine the curriculum continued to get watered down from when I was there.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

seiferguy posted:

Gen Z not knowing about the holocaust isn't surprising to me. There's not many holocaust survivors left to keep it in the public purview, and my world history classes glossed over it like "Well World War 2 happened, Hitler didn't like the Jews, he killed a lot of them, US came in and turned the tide and nuked Japan, next topic."

Gonna imagine the curriculum continued to get watered down from when I was there.

Yeah, back in grade school we wrote letters to Eli Wiesel and he wrote some of us back. I don't know how much longer something like that can happen.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Bismack Billabongo posted:

A record I ordered back in October got delivered to my old address. gently caress!!!!!!!

I don’t know if I care enough to try and see if it got returned or if they just held onto it. The album wasn’t that good. Still mad

Something like this happened with me recently. Bought a hat online, once I got the order confirmation I realized the address was my previous. I immediately emailed them and asked them to change it.

They said they couldn’t change it and also talked to UPS who also said they couldn’t change it so they’re refunding my money and I would have to reorder.

Except it still shipped to my old address which is a couple miles away. I also got all the notifications for the shipment so I knew when it delivered. Went and picked up my free hat.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

seiferguy posted:

gen z: if there isn't a tiktok of it, did it actually happen?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Freaquency posted:

I’d be very interested in seeing how many 18-29 respondents that survey got. It seems unlikely that 20% of zoomers are goosestepping all over the place.

I dug up the survey and they had 207 responses in the 18-29 age group, which seems very low to be accurate. They had 306 responses in the 30-44 range and 631 in the 45-64 range, which I think would be a lot more accurate.

More surprising to me is that urban residents were more likely to believe the holocaust is a myth, along with moderates, and Democrats.

E: I also really hate snapshots in time polls, I much prefer trending polls. What did these polls look like 20 years ago? Was it the same, better, worse? Who knows. If it's the same, then I'd say we don't really have anything to worry about because then it seems obvious that as people get older, they learn more about it. If this is a significant jump, then we should address it.

Bird in a Blender fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jan 23, 2024

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
To get back to what I was originally saying, 24 year olds not knowing about the holocaust and 24 year olds voting for Trump over Biden are not corollaries.

Also I think there's a bunch of older people that lied in the survey, they don't believe in the holocaust or think it was exaggerated but are old enough to have learned you don't say that to a stranger on the phone. I believe the numbers are probably lower just because they are closer in age to survivors of it so likely saw interviews and what not with victims, but there's definitely more than 0% of 65+ year olds who don't believe in the holocaust. If you're 70 in the year 2023 you were born in 1953, you weren't alive when the war happened.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Speaking of sleep, my insomnia is also awful. I can usually fall asleep while reading but the last 3 or 4 days I've been getting about 2 to 3 hours of sleep. I have a seroquel to help me sleep but I've only taken it like twice since a full dose leaves me groggy in the morning. I'll probably take one tonight since I'm conducting a whole day training tomorrow.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
I've been sober since right before COVID, which probably couldn't have been better timing, honestly.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Finally started falling asleep at like 1 lastnight then the 7 y/o had a nightmare so let her take my spot in the bed. Jammed between her and my wife on my side has killed my back and neck today.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

a sexual elk posted:

Finally started falling asleep at like 1 lastnight then the 7 y/o had a nightmare so let her take my spot in the bed. Jammed between her and my wife on my side has killed my back and neck today.

My mom would turn off the heat so it would be too cold for me to want to get out of bed in January.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

Something like this happened with me recently. Bought a hat online, once I got the order confirmation I realized the address was my previous. I immediately emailed them and asked them to change it.

They said they couldn’t change it and also talked to UPS who also said they couldn’t change it so they’re refunding my money and I would have to reorder.

Except it still shipped to my old address which is a couple miles away. I also got all the notifications for the shipment so I knew when it delivered. Went and picked up my free hat.

This also just happened to me on an IG shop after IG prompted me to update my autofill to my current address, which I said yes to. Then I got to the order confirmation page with my last address and went gently caress

I emailed them and like two days later they said “Yeah sure no problem, see below for updated address” and it was a snip of them updating my order to some random loving address that resembles mine in zero ways shortly followed by a shipping confirmation. Emailed them again like wtf no that’s not even close to what I sent you and they were like okay sure fixed :)

Pretty sure I’m not getting it but it was like a $13 item and I paid through PayPal so I’ll just try to get them to reverse the charge later

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Air Skwirl posted:

My mom would turn off the heat so it would be too cold for me to want to get out of bed in January.

Oof

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

As the 4th of six kids I never slept in the bed with my parents apparently.

Frankly I think this has affected me as an adult because I don't like sleeping with a partner now either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Mostly enjoying TotK except for getting my rear end one shot in every encounter so far because I haven’t gotten extra hearts or better armor yet

Also thinking about how you need to meet up with Sidon on top of the mountain but to get up to him you need to get some fish to fix your Zora armor to be able to swim up the waterfall and then it’s heavily implied that the only place that fish is found is on top of the same mountain you need the fish to fix your armor for to get up there anyway