Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

rotinaj posted:

Nah, but you wishcasting about how diamond Joe is gonna nail his rear end in the debate that totally is gonna happen is just as unrealistic

Trump was speaking too quickly for his tongue and hosed up his sentence, it’s not that complicated
I don't know how to respond to this with anything but a lol

Hollismason posted:

I seriously don't think Trump is going to agree to the debates.
Correct, because he knows he would be utterly embarrassed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I love people still coming to Trump's defense here.
He was just out in the cold.
He talked too fast for his old man tongue.
It was just one pants poop everyone does it!

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

thunderspanks posted:

complicated? no. indicative of something larger (mush brain) when it starts happening every single time he gets on stage? yes.

You did see that the clip in question is from 2020, right

I am not gonna argue that Trump isn’t a mushbrain old fart who has burned his synapses doing rich guy meth, but pointing to a clip and using it as proof positive he will be staring out a window in a wheelchair by July is especially silly when the clip is from 4 years ago

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

rotinaj posted:

Yes, you are one of the folks dead set on underestimating the chuds

Is it maybe possible that some people are overestimating the chuds? We keep being told that we're moments from being broadsided by yuge conservative victories and it just hasn't materialized. The chuds fumbled the Senate running stank rear end candidates like Oz, their red wave in the House turned into a a technical >0 majority that is effectively its own opposition party, one special election after another shows voters are fed up with the GOP over Roe. At what point does not-overestimating the chuds become dooming?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1749863669331038548

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1749862816855494864

don't think it will happen, but can you imagine if Trump loses NH tonight and then, in a fit of rage, decides to testify tomorrow at the E Jean Carroll case?

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

They both sound old and hosed up so I wouldn’t be surprised if they both skip on the debate. In all honesty either one’s numbers would probably go down if they got an hour prime time to talk alone, but I think we’re past people caring about skipping this poo poo.

Which is kinda nice because the debates have been garbage for quite some time.

Biden, when singularly focused like in a 1v1 debate is pretty good. I was shocked how good he was against Bernie in the primaries but realized it was because he could concentrate on one person and not half a dozen. I wouldn't be surprised if he pulled a mental death thrash and beat Trump in a debate only for all his brains to leak out Jan 7

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

rotinaj posted:

Nah, but you wishcasting about how diamond Joe is gonna nail his rear end in the debate that totally is gonna happen is just as unrealistic

Trump was speaking too quickly for his tongue and hosed up his sentence, it’s not that complicated
Biden does have a track record with debates. There is the question of if it matters, but he smoked Paul Ryan and did pretty good in 2020 as I recall.

They’re both old as gently caress but I think Trump’s bronzer genuinely means people think of him as a 61 year old slob, not a 78 year old pop pop.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Any terrorist attack in the USA will be 100% from insane chuds, that's for sure, President Good Brains.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Waffle House posted:

Pausing here real quick: I don't think anything has ever actually come of the ostensible boast that Trump plays 4D chess. I think it was just another mass delusion that CHUDs hoped, oh god hoped that Trump was capable of, but like so many things, never really panned out.

Memes? Plenty made.

Actual substance? I don't think anything ever happened.

Well no, it was purely chud copium. They couldn't/wouldn't believe that they elected a complete imbecile to the highest office in the land, so clearly everything he said or did was all just part of a grand master plan that only he knew of and they just had to trust the process, stand back and stand by, etc.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

rotinaj posted:

I am not gonna argue that Trump isn’t a mushbrain old fart who has burned his synapses doing rich guy meth, but pointing to a clip and using it as proof positive he will be staring out a window in a wheelchair by July is especially silly when the clip is from 4 years ago
The goalposts have moved to an entirely new football field

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
I hope this kills off debates permanently.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

rotinaj posted:

In no reality would going slower help that train of thought. He was off the rails and lost the thread because his brain is mush, not because his tongue was too fast.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Love Trump seeming flabbergasted that reporters aren't as astounded as he by Hannity's one hundred percent prediction.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Hollismason posted:

I seriously don't think Trump is going to agree to the debates.

Agreed. Part of it is that "Biden is is a doddering old man" is the one single thing they've got that seems to be somewhat sticking with center-ish people. They cannot afford to have an unedited side-by-side comparison between Trump and Biden out there.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Outpost22 posted:

I hope this kills off Trump's brain, permanently.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

kazil posted:

don't think it will happen, but can you imagine if Trump loses NH tonight and then, in a fit of rage, decides to testify tomorrow at the E Jean Carroll case?
He’s got grounds to think this but if anybody is showing hubris here…

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

rotinaj posted:

who said this

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Outpost22 posted:

I hope this kills off debates permanently.
Might kill off the whole government permanently!

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Is it maybe possible that some people are overestimating the chuds?

No. After 2016 when pretty much everyone reasonable agreed that there was no way Donald Trump would actually win, people are cautious about falling into that same trap.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Biden can get Trump to debate if he sets up the stage like a courtroom and dresses up in an E Jean Carroll costume like Bugs Bunny tricking Elmer Fudd

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Trump's brain just moving too fast for his berder-swollen tongue to keep up with

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

MechaX posted:

Alright so before even getting into the dementia or not arguments

What in the gently caress was he even attempting to say in terms of “swift & swipp” Vietnam poo poo in the first place?

Because Vietnam was not swift, and the US was kind of the ones who got swept in that war, not the other way around, so it still comes across as complete gibberish

Vietnam was textbook swipp so he's half right. He probably meant to just say swipp, accidentally said swift and recovered with the 'and swipp'.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Mons Hubris posted:

Biden can get Trump to debate if he sets up the stage like a courtroom and dresses up in an E Jean Carroll costume like Bugs Bunny tricking Elmer Fudd

Wascally Widen

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Bottom Liner posted:

In no reality would going slower help that train of thought. He was off the rails and lost the thread because his brain is mush, not because his tongue was too fast.

You missed the post where someone pointed out that he was trying to say “swift and sweeping”, huh

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

I just want someone to nail the stupid gently caress with a handful of mashed potatoes so we can see his childhood resurface live on tv

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

rotinaj posted:

You missed the post where someone pointed out that he was trying to say “swift and sweeping”, huh

In what way does a poster on SA trying to make sense of Trumps verbal mush make the mush better? Like, what point are you even trying to make?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Bottom Liner posted:

In what way does a poster on SA trying to make sense of Trumps verbal mush make the mush better? Like, what point are you even trying to make?

It's like pushing spam through a grinder to make better sausages.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Trump's tongue has become like one of those fish whose tongue is just another sycophantic fish

Maybe it's the fillet o fishes

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Outrail posted:

It's like pushing spam through a grinder to make better sausages.

help me out, do those grinders also have some kind of auto-shutoff valve if the sausage doesn't have enough sawdust in it

because i can't help but feel like people trying to be tortured trump apologists in the trump lol thread is a bit like throwing sawdust into perfectly good sausage

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

kazil posted:

i mean its not hard to predict something you can cause. if he really wanted to, he could order/"order" a bunch of chuds to do violence and a decent amount would.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Aramis posted:

Agreed. Part of it is that "Biden is is a doddering old man" is the one single thing they've got that seems to be somewhat sticking with center-ish people. They cannot afford to have an unedited side-by-side comparison between Trump and Biden out there.

Yeah they don't want that at all.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Coolguye posted:

help me out, do those grinders also have some kind of auto-shutoff valve if the sausage doesn't have enough sawdust in it

because i can't help but feel like people trying to be tortured trump apologists in the trump lol thread is a bit like throwing sawdust into perfectly good sausage

lol

It's not sundowning, it's sawdusting. High in cellulose!

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Outrail posted:

Vietnam was textbook swipp so he's half right. He probably meant to just say swipp, accidentally said swift and recovered with the 'and swipp'.

Oh right, I definitely know what swipp means and people who don't know should be ashamed.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Soup for my family

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Mom, I wanna vape!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

It's sad how many people hear trump say 'you and your friends are in literal mortal danger if I do not become president' as, like, a presidential campaign talking point and think "whoa I better vote for this trump guy!"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It was a (dumb but coherent) prewritten speech that he hosed up reading off the teleprompters like an idiot

The video clip cut off the context that made clear what it was supposed to say on paper

Butt doctor verdict: it was poo

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Wet from the standpoint of water

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Coolguye posted:

My kitchenaid grinder doesn't but it's not really made for proper meat grinding and sausage making. Gonna upgrade to a better model after tax time.

IANAB but I reckon a bit of softwood sawdust would probably improve a spam sausage.