Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Well this is fascinating!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

trimp

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Tup

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1749915315159421030

https://themessenger.com/politics/letitia-james-martin-shkreli-pharma-trump-real-estate

Dementropy fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jan 24, 2024

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

tyrmp

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Trump sucks!

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I get so confused by this. I had a “Weather Underground” App that told me the weather for the longest time. A bunch of hyper-reactive weathermen busted Timothy Leary out of jail, and that’s where I get my 10-day updates?

Fuckin cyberpunk as hell preem.

Szechwan
Jun 10, 2023

I know better than to get my hopes up that Republicans won't choose the worse of two options

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Yeah, but he hides it well.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Why won't Donald Trump eat my diarrhea?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lots of lols to be had tonight

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Blind Rasputin posted:

I get so confused by this. I had a “Weather Underground” App that told me the weather for the longest time. A bunch of hyper-reactive weathermen busted Timothy Leary out of jail, and that’s where I get my 10-day updates?

One of the founders gave an interview

quote:

It was one of the few times in my life where the National Science Foundation (NSF) called me and asked me to write a proposal,” Samson said.
And so they wrote a proposal and submitted it, and at the last minute, someone from the NSF wrote back and suggested Samson come up with a better name for the project.
He chose Weather Underground, a “tongue in cheek” nod to the 1960s radical student organization that also was founded at U-M.
“I regretted that, immediately,” said Samson.
“That was the era where you could name a company Yahoo and get away with it,” Masters said. “So sure, why not name your company after a terrorist group? Later on, when I watched the documentary about the Weather Underground…those guys were not so great.”

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Squibbles posted:

It's all part of the plan

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It's a good thing the WU has its priorities in order

First identify the victim classes
THEN organize the victim classes

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
... those guys were not so great.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Blind Rasputin posted:

yeah they sold out to the man

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

rotinaj posted:

One of the founders gave an interview

quote:

It was one of the few times in my life where the National Science Foundation (NSF) called me and asked me to write a proposal,” Samson said.
And so they wrote a proposal and submitted it, and at the last minute, someone from the NSF wrote back and suggested Samson come up with a better name for the project.
He chose Weather Underground, a “tongue in cheek” nod to the 1960s radical student organization that also was founded at U-M.
“I regretted that, immediately,” said Samson.
“That was the era where you could name a company Yahoo and get away with it,” Masters said. “So sure, why not name your company after a terrorist group? Later on, when I watched the documentary about the Weather Underground…those guys were not so great.”

Once my Dad and I were talking about the weather forecast, and I mentioned that I usually got my info from the Weather Underground. He looked at me like I'd grown another head until I explained about the name.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

In his diaper

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Outpost22 posted:

... those guys were not so great.

Why would you just go about slandering the victim classes likes this?

Haven't they been through enough!

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
I'm watching the kornacki cam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRb8MU3L2pM

thrilling stuff

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

DamnCanadian
Jan 3, 2005

Perpetuating the stereotype since 1978.
Just got back from my Town Hall; wrote in Sleepy Joe Bidet

DamnCanadian fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jan 24, 2024

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Stink Billyums posted:

I'm watching the kornacki cam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRb8MU3L2pM

thrilling stuff

He's just drawing Dickbutt over and over again.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
7% is a "clear win" :lol:

This is going to be a sting for Trump.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Three Olives posted:

7% is a "clear win" :lol:

This is going to be a sting for Trump.

They were predicting 30+ earlier lol

also trump mad

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Polls close in an hour, post your predictions here!

I predict the networks call it immediately for Trump once the polls close

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Please god let Nikki Haley stoll the primary from trump

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

This is definitely the way he will go if the result isn't a blowout for Trump. It will have been because all of the flaming liberals came out to vote for Haley.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Casey DeSantis thinking Ronnie's got one last chance before she tells him she's loving her trainer.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

Silly Burrito posted:

Didn’t Superman stop this plan in Superman 3 before that lady got turned into a freaky robot?

Man, I was just telling a friend how much that lady hosed me up as a kid. It wasn’t as bad as Ernest Scared Stupid, but it was close.

I can see the line between the troll in the Ernest movie me Trump. Scary.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

DaveWoo posted:

I predict the networks call it immediately for Trump once the polls close

My prediction is: trump will eat some fast food, then fire off one or two window-rattlers in his limo on the way back to the airport (the seat will have to be replaced)

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

rotinaj posted:

They have convinced themselves that politics does not have to be personal

That is some fifth dimensional delusion from guys like that, but at least I can say that the republican of the two has shark eyes and looks dead inside

ed:

I don't like either of the men in this picture. They look like fuckwits. It is a petty judgemental thing, but I would not enjoy having a beer/sharing a conversation, or spending any time with either of them.

But to address your "politics does not have to be personal" thing. (And I do not want to have a go at you. just the sentiment.)

Who you love is personal. Who you are sexually attracted to is personal. How one identifies is personal. And to actively make all 3 of those things illegal due to hate/fear and hell, even distaste is the act of an arsehole.

But more important to me is that I have always thought of "politics" as poo poo like fiscal admin, the shuffling of boring pieces of paper about administrative rules or taxation codes etc. It fills me with rage when people put forward the idea that ideas like "men shouldn't kiss men", or "the original inhabitants of this country do not deserve a voice in Parliament" or "your parents flew here, but mine were born here, that makes you a lesser citizen deserving of less rights" and so on as "just politics".

gently caress OFF WITH THAT poo poo!

I am fairly apolitical. Let the economists, and accountants, and bureaucrats deal with shuffling the papers. But love is love, a human is a human no matter the skin colour, and it is good to be friends with people from other countries as opposed to blindly hating and excluding them. I do not see any of these views as being controversial or "political" And I think to do so diminshes them.

But yeah. Sorry for the rant. Trump is a convicted sex offender and financial fraud that most likely doesnt know the names of his own grandchildren. LOL.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Since we're LOLing at Ronny D's further humiliation. Pod Save America did an interview with Gavin Newsom and he gives some insights about Ron's mentality and how he has an obvious complete and utter lack of joy in what he's doing. And in hindsight I see it now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIn1YknOSsc&t=2279s

I'm pretty confident this guy is gonna win the 2028 nomination with ease.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

withak posted:

This is definitely the way he will go if the result isn't a blowout for Trump. It will have been because all of the flaming liberals came out to vote for Haley.

I love that Trump is trashing independents in the same breath. The independents that he will absolutely need to win over if he wants any chance of winning a general election.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

You’re loving-a right there is, Eric

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Haley with 100% of the vote right now, no way can Trump overcome that sort of deficit it’s mathematically impossible.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

DaveWoo posted:

Moderate to intense bouts of lol, with a chance of scattered doom posting

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Oh No It's Joe is a fantastic campaign slogan and I'm sad the actual campaign isn't using it