Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
Didn’t know Danny Trejo and DDK are in this. Too bad the English dub is illegal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
I'll do what I did with 7 and play NG with English voices and NG+ with JP voices. Hopefully the subtitles are better this time.

Yeah, I'm paying for NG+ because Kiryu and Ichiban are my friends and need the money.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Okay, forcing myself to make a decision on getting that preorder with 36 hours to spare: how much would the extra jobs likely end up being if released on dlc later?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

probably like ten bucks

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

Didn’t know Danny Trejo and DDK are in this. Too bad the English dub is illegal.

Break the law you loser coward

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Nerdietalk posted:

Okay, forcing myself to make a decision on getting that preorder with 36 hours to spare: how much would the extra jobs likely end up being if released on dlc later?

The jobs from 7 are $5 on Steam right now. Don't know if they were more at launch, but it will probably be the same for IW. So you save at least $5 by pre-ordering.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Matriarch in Y7 seemed pretty cool but I'm not a big fan of DLC that screws up game balance. It wasn't even very cleanly integrated since you don't get weapons for the two DLC classes until fairly late in the game I think. I didn't get them in the end.

On the other hand reclassing Saeko or Eri into a naginata-wielding badass would have been stylish as heck so maybe I should have. Looks like this time around you get some goofy sports jobs instead? Ehh.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

personally i cannot wait for Ichiban Kasuga, Office Linebacker

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Sapozhnik posted:

Matriarch in Y7 seemed pretty cool but I'm not a big fan of DLC that screws up game balance. It wasn't even very cleanly integrated since you don't get weapons for the two DLC classes until fairly late in the game I think. I didn't get them in the end.

On the other hand reclassing Saeko or Eri into a naginata-wielding badass would have been stylish as heck so maybe I should have. Looks like this time around you get some goofy sports jobs instead? Ehh.

The only thing tempting me towards the class DLC in 7 is that there are too few female jobs compared to the boys. Is it worth it at all besides sounding cool?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/RGGStudio/status/1749975334080872831?s=20

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

from memory matriarch is like the best dps class for the girls, and devil rocker gives the boys a blade attack that has health leech

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Matriarch has a cross-class Gun skill so its a really good one to go through. Devil Rocker I’m less keen on, its cross class skill feels a lot more gimmicky to me.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Hopefully in IW your party members won't constantly run in front of and across your path while you're walking somewhere

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

ImpAtom posted:

Yakuza 8 will be at least the second best Minigame-filled JRPG where you play as a goofy protagonist who rides a segway around a tropical location but the real focus is on everyone wondering if a character who is destined to die is actually going to do released in the first part of 2024.

i wish we could somehow make this the thread title

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

PS5 preload is live

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Steam page is saying game unlocks at 2pm GMT/3pm CET tomorrow...

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Melissa McCarthyism posted:

Guys

I love Like A Dragon.

7 really got me hooked. Ichiban is such an inspiring character.

:hfive:

After playing all those Kiryu games I had my doubts but Ichiban really was an incredible main character, I devoured LAD 7 and it's got all that old magic there. I still have to get The Man Who Erased his Name before I can get to Infinite Wealth, but I am so pumped for more Ichiban!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i dunno, some people don't bother with side content in rgg games.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
anyone ordered the game from shopto? if so, can you tell me if your order is processing and moved into warehouse orders yet? mine hasnt moved from the pre-order bit and it usually does by now... getting... nervous

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

if you don't make a bee line to karaoke as soon as you're able to, you're objectively not a yakuza fan.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

Those people belong in solitary confinement, even more deranged than dub enjoyers

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I can’t imagine a world where you’d wanna just smash through the main story and miss literally everything that makes the games so great.

Without all the trimmings they’re just corridor brawlers where sometimes you run around outside to find the next corridor to brawl through.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

Josuke Higashikata posted:

if you don't make a bee line to mahjong as soon as you're able to, you're objectively not a yakuza fan.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

History Comes Inside! posted:

I can’t imagine a world where you’d wanna just smash through the main story and miss literally everything that makes the games so great.

Without all the trimmings they’re just corridor brawlers where sometimes you run around outside to find the next corridor to brawl through.

The fomo brained who need to play every release don't have the time to enjoy side content.
Gotta finish Yakuza 8 before Persona 3 the weekend after, after all.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
It's hosed up Infinite Wealth is sitting on my PS5 drive right now and I'm not allowed to play it yet.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Amazon is now estimating delivery for Friday. Woohoo! I thought it would be Monday. Time to get my hopes up, surely they won't be dashed this time.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Re: Judgment. I'm still going through it but...

Should I just turbogrind the main story? I could probably finish the story by the weekend. But I'm gonna be playing Infinite Wealth almost as soon as the preload decrypts. The game's decent. I did hear that Lost Judgment is really good and one of the best titles that RGG released.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Spalec posted:

It's hosed up Infinite Wealth is sitting on my PS5 drive right now and I'm not allowed to play it yet.

:negative:

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

IAmTheRad posted:

Re: Judgment. I'm still going through it but...

Should I just turbogrind the main story? I could probably finish the story by the weekend. But I'm gonna be playing Infinite Wealth almost as soon as the preload decrypts. The game's decent. I did hear that Lost Judgment is really good and one of the best titles that RGG released.

Judgment has one of the best main plots in an RGG game with cool stakes and building momentum and its side content gets pretty grindy if you're trying to do all of it (one of the friends requires you to finish two successful games of mahjong, one of them requires finding 50 QR codes, and those gang alerts NEVER end) so if there's any game in which blasting through will be a great time it's that one

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

At least steam seems to be unlocking early for PC people outside of Japan, although it’s messed up to reward the most hosed up freaks in gaming like this imo

Real Yakuza Wait Until Midnight In Their PSN Region :negative:

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Wolfsheim posted:

Judgment has one of the best main plots in an RGG game with cool stakes and building momentum and its side content gets pretty grindy if you're trying to do all of it (one of the friends requires you to finish two successful games of mahjong, one of them requires finding 50 QR codes, and those gang alerts NEVER end) so if there's any game in which blasting through will be a great time it's that one

you're right that it's a hella grindy one but lol at the thought of "winning mahjong twice" being an ordeal

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The fomo brained who need to play every release don't have the time to enjoy side content.
Gotta finish Yakuza 8 before Persona 3 the weekend after, after all.

I don't appreciate being called out like that.

I finish the side content in my insane RPG playthroughs, thank you very much.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
yesssss my order is going through the warehouse process now to sit back and stare at the letterbox.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Vikar Jerome posted:

yesssss my order is going through the warehouse process now to sit back and stare at the letterbox.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

Wolfsheim posted:

At least I like mahjong.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/RGGStudio/status/1750201863146729686?s=20

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

RGG Studio is just trying to deny you the fun of spending 15 straight hours playing Sega Bass Fisher, don't listen to them.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Someone on Reddit seems to have got the list of individual items included in the DLC bundles from what looks like PSN store descriptions.

No real mind-blowing surprises in there if anyone was wondering exactly what they get in each bundle of poo poo.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

There are minigames I don't like so I don't play them but you gotta do the side stories.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

Someone on Reddit seems to have got the list of individual items included in the DLC bundles from what looks like PSN store descriptions.

No real mind-blowing surprises in there if anyone was wondering exactly what they get in each bundle of poo poo.

Looking at that list, at least some of that stuff is 'early unlock' rather than 'only way to get it.'

Edit: In fact looking at the list, aside from the Big Swell and NG+ (maybe) and the costumes if you want more costumes, all of this poo poo is worthless.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jan 24, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

LET ME IN

WHY ARE YOU CLOSED