Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
(reposting discord post for new page)

Got stuck on the Brazier not being interactable like the above discord post said. Tried teleporting out and back in using the teleporter pad, walking out the door and back in, and logging out and back in, still not working. Guess I'll see if the critical interactable is fixed tomorrow.

Initial impression of Barb charge is it feels good for it to kill stuff! The pylons that you have to interact with spamming CC is obnoxious. Malphas burping in my ear reminds me of Azmodan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Goons... fumbling with braziers since jr high

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
quest where you carry a brazier on foot across the map to lilith and she gives you an awkward hug

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Omg I got a boner but my druid powers are on cooldown

Wooglin
Sep 5, 2002
What are the fun Barb builds this season?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Tonetta posted:

Whats just what happens when you collaborate with known scammer elon musk

i assumed this was a joke but lmfao no it apparently is not :stare:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Wooglin posted:

Wudjo's double swing was the most fun build I played last season, I don't think it was ever on maxroll, but now it's the leveling double swing build.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Got a PEN15 shot rogue up to 20 before real life dragged me back, new stuff seems fine. Spider bro isn’t doing all that much. Playing this is probably too similar to bone spear necro to level both. Might mess around with that double swing barb as an alt.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Malphas was very small but with a little tug he got big

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
My Phallus

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Wooglin posted:

Double Swing, as mentioned. Bonus points for being fun even at low level, which is usually the worst part of being a Barb. HotA is still top of the endgame lists and plays basically the same, just relies on keeping Berserk up more so it's not as fun at low level. Good if you like the biggest numbers.

Rend and now Charge-centric builds are on the come up as people discover stuff. And Walking Arsenal is okay, too. Pretty much everything but Whirlwind, whomp whomp.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Paying2Lurk posted:

Double Swing, as mentioned. Bonus points for being fun even at low level, which is usually the worst part of being a Barb. HotA is still top of the endgame lists and plays basically the same, just relies on keeping Berserk up more so it's not as fun at low level. Good if you like the biggest numbers.

Rend and now Charge-centric builds are on the come up as people discover stuff. And Walking Arsenal is okay, too. Pretty much everything but Whirlwind, whomp whomp.

Whirlwind (once the bleed patch went in) had its day in S1 as ultimate lazy build. Yell, spin, repeat.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
I did my first “real” vault after the questline. There was a big group of mobs sitting on the zultan pylon so I couldn’t read the tutorial and I mashed it up to 9 stacks while fighting. Seems that you lose a stack every time you get hit by a trap. Finished with 5 stacks but there was only one extra chest and it only took 1 stack to open. Dropped a tuning stone.

Presumably when you reach nightmare vaults, you can double dip and upgrade sigils and the robot in one run.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Paying2Lurk posted:

And Walking Arsenal is okay, too.
Walking Arsenal with Death Blow was amazing in S2, I might do it again in S3 but I'd rather run a Necro or something if there are good, engaging builds out there this season.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Getting back into D4 for the first time since early S1. Question about the world renown rewards that carry over between seasons: do you have to level that up on non-seasonal, or will it save progress from this season?

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Josh Lyman posted:

Getting back into D4 for the first time since early S1. Question about the world renown rewards that carry over between seasons: do you have to level that up on non-seasonal, or will it save progress from this season?

You can do it this season. If you wanted to play on Eternal, it would unlock there, too. You just have to do it once somewhere and it will be unlocked account-wide going forward. Hardcore and Softcore are still separate though.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Are the servers hosed for other people too? Massive load times, item tooltips not coming up, game freezing when you talk to the blacksmith, etc.?

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Yeah they've been a poo poo show all day for me. New season stuff weeeee

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Buttery smooth here but full disclosure I'm on a Microsoft Xbox series X console, hardwired to a strong internet connection in a core metropolitan area

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Game froze for 30+ seconds when I brought up a smith, a jeweler, or my skills. So I gave up and quit.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

i had the audacity to press A to open my skills window while in a legion event and my whole game froze lol

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
im glad everybody's having fun

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

My map was blacked out in the new hub area. I hope that's a bug, anyway.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Diablo Four is working in Boston, Massachusetts

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
No lag or anything for me, but I'm on the lowly PS4 version if that matters.

Running around getting Aspects and managed to kill The Butcher first try. I was still under level 30 and have no Aspects on me yet at all. Usually he kills me at low levels, then I spend the rest of the season getting revenge once I'm more powered up. Double Swing Barb is pretty good! I'm going to stick with it until level 50 and then try out HotA, too before I get too deep into Paragon stuff.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

Wrex Ruckus posted:

So is mine and same.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
the freezing stuff has existed since day 1 and primarily, maybe exclusively, affected PC players. there is hitching on transitions which are a separate thing.

one thing i remember helping the freezing back in the day was downloading the 4K assets, even if you didn't use them. also D4/battle.net will yell at you if your GPU drivers aren't new enough, regardless of it the new drivers are any better. if you were on stable drivers you can do some tomfoolery to get battle.net to think your old stable drivers are the newer ones and keep the performance of the old ones. i'd expect that really only matters for people with particularly old hardware, like 1080ti and earlier stuff

Wrex Ruckus posted:

looks fine for me on xbox

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Walking Arsenal with Death Blow was amazing in S2, I might do it again in S3 but I'd rather run a Necro or something if there are good, engaging builds out there this season.

just like S1 and S2, blood surge -> bone spear at later stages is the necro play. fast but boring and effectively unchanged since S1 except you don't get the cool malignant CE/CT ring or the healing/OP/Fort vamp powers.

bone spirit might be cool at mid/end game but looks like it's going to rely on aspects and i think a unique? before it takes off

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

so far im not really blown away by this season, S2 was better at this point around level 40. i really dont know what they can do to really create wild seasons, poe brings in new skills poo poo but I dont see that ever happening in a D4 season, seems like expansion material for this game.

Pet is boring, not really caring about his drops at all

vaults are poes eternal labrynth but without the good poo poo at the end that makes doing a huge trap filled maze worth it

queeb fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jan 24, 2024

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

harrygomm posted:

just like S1 and S2, blood surge -> bone spear at later stages is the necro play. fast but boring and effectively unchanged since S1 except you don't get the cool malignant CE/CT ring or the healing/OP/Fort vamp powers.
How do you define boring? I dont care if its not an exciting build necessarily, as long as it is some form of engaging, interesting, or builds towards something. e.g. when i did necro before I did Blood Lance because I thought it was cool to strategically spread Lances around in anticipation of one of them triggering the auto-overpower then BOOM room is dead. That wasnt quite *fun* because you were a Blood Lance turret and there was not much else going on with the build, but the main gimmick was rewarding in its own way.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

also isnt this season 6 months of work, considering they have alternating teams? is this gonna be like wow was where it was alternating good and bad expansions lol

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Pet is super boring, and I hate PoE lab, so the traps here are basically ptsd inducing - and they're a core mechanic

Think this is gonna be a no thank you from me

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

finished the season plot thing and did a vault. avoiding the traps seems unfun. spiderbro still not doing anything interesting at 30. feels like a big downgrade from how fun last season ended up being but i'll get into wt3 at least before writing it off.

Wayback
Aug 16, 2004

I'm made of metal
My circuits gleam
I am perpetual
I keep the country clean
Wasn't this the Season they were supposedly expanding the endgame, or did that get pushed back to Soon (tm) or... is this what that was supposed to be?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Something called "Gauntlet" with a leaderboard, coming later this season

The real problem is that I don't want to ever do the Duriel Rotation process ever again

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Dang the robot seems boring

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

How do you define boring? I dont care if its not an exciting build necessarily, as long as it is some form of engaging, interesting, or builds towards something. e.g. when i did necro before I did Blood Lance because I thought it was cool to strategically spread Lances around in anticipation of one of them triggering the auto-overpower then BOOM room is dead. That wasnt quite *fun* because you were a Blood Lance turret and there was not much else going on with the build, but the main gimmick was rewarding in its own way.

blood surge you cast curse then surge and everything is dead, you're walking slowly forward, never seeing anything alive on the screen

bone spear you stutter step and cast bone spear and everything is dead, you're walking slowly forward, never seeing anything alive on the screen

the other two seasons added something that made stuff happen in the screen. there's not like, interesting resource management or ability rotation or really any kind of skill, you just hit the 1-2 buttons you need and everything dies. it's super strong but it turns an already engagement-lite game into a walking simulator, in a way

S1 shred druid was also a 1 button spec but at least it had you naruto teleporting everywhere which was kind of fun, in a way

External Organs posted:

Dang the robot seems boring

i put it on double passive abilities. if it has an attack it seems to prioritize that over support so it was dying a lot and not using its sad heal all that often

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

they copied a skill plus supports system from poe but basically any spell with 4 links in poe is infinitely funner, this thing should be spraying loving lasers and poo poo all over the place

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

queeb posted:

also isnt this season 6 months of work, considering they have alternating teams? is this gonna be like wow was where it was alternating good and bad expansions lol

i think this was the first one that wasn't in co-development with the base game. it doesn't really show though, no

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

i will say hitting like 25-28k overpowers at level 28 with charge every like 8-10 seconds is pretty lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

Wow there's so much positive feedback on this page about season 3 that I don't think I can muster the energy to click update or even attempt to log in