Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
"FSM" stands for Female Space Marines, just for context here.
https://twitter.com/CerberusXt/status/1749755550919725332?t=ZUwwWz7SFkOlD2g--c8b_A&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
GW should do female space marines just to piss the chuds off. The ones who yell aren't paying customers, and the paying customers aren't going to find another game because sunk cost fallacy.

Especially if they've spent $2100 for a 2000 point AdMech army.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I agree. I was kind of neutral about it until all the nerd tantrums and gatekeeping (accusing anyone in favor of FSM as being a "tourist") and now I hope they do it purely to spite these idiots.

They also had a few female Twitter users conveniently pop up out of nowhere to totally agree with the chudhammer side, got told to gently caress off and then pulled the "so much for the tolerant left!" bit. Because everyone knows the lack of female 40k fans is solely due to woke activists corrupting the franchise with their degeneracy and not any other reason :allears:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
"no girls allowed" makes sense in 30k, because the Emperor's toxic masculinity dooming him was kind of the point.

Now that Guilliman's back and has realized "Oh, hey, the Imperium kinda sucks doesn't it?" he can absolutely reform that poo poo and have it be lore appropriate. He's even hanging out with Yvraine, a casual "I've always wondered why there are no female space marines" would be enough to get those locked gears turning in his head.

Or have the Lion recognize valor and marine people regardless of gender.

Or have Jagatai Khan return from his 10k (year) race with the Dark Eldar and reveal the White Scars have had women marines the entire time because they recognized the Emperor was full of poo poo even back in 30k.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Robot Girlyman making Girlymarines would be 100% on-brand, given the land raider (invented by a guy named Land) etc. etc.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Wanna see the Alpha Legion pop out of nowhere with female marines like "what did you think we'd leave any option on the table"

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Turns out female marines look just like male ones, with only a randomly chosen slip of paper that says M or F in her bottom of the packaging the minis came in to tell you which you got. See how invested the grognards really are.

Then, years later, one of the novels casually mentions that female marines have rows of extra nipples like a dog.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

This whole time it was Ferris Womanus and the Iron Ma'ams.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Salwomanders.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Milfa Legion

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Has no one at GW looked at Samus and thought, "Oh yeah, femme marines would make bank"?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Space Cougars

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
Dark Angelas

Megaspam
Mar 1, 2007

In this ever changing world in which we live in.
Space Wolf Shield-maidens when?

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

I still think that if they’re going to do it at all they’ll release them for Chaos first given Fabius Bile’s opinions on the matter from the books (and the easy justification for Alpha Legion shenanigans as was already mentioned).

Preem Palver
Jul 5, 2007

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Wanna see the Alpha Legion pop out of nowhere with female marines like "what did you think we'd leave any option on the table"

They more-or-less already have. Alpha Legion uses a lot of people as auxiliaries, both men and women, modified to basically be space marines in all but name and arms them with loot from other chapters for sabotage and on-the-battlefield deception. Fabius Bile also has a whole post-human breeding program going on that has achieved similar results, and even ponders about how dumb the Emperor was to not include women in the space marine program in the first place.

That's what makes it all even more stupid. All these dipshit gatekeepers don't even engage with the setting enough to know that female chaos space marines have already basically been a thing in the books for several years now.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
It's less the narrative plausibility and more the anxiety of some perceived outgroup has sway over what they consider is cherished and sacred. Space Marines are the big money maker and they think it'll... Ruin the franchise by changing in a way that the "real" fans don't want.

These chuds saw that Kathleen Kennedy south park episode and it imprinted on them the way a baby bird imprints on the first animal it sees.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

To be more charitable than they deserve, Star Wars sucks now.

It's sucked since Return of the Jedi, but it got more Disney-fried as the quality plummeted.

A stupid man-baby man can't differentiate between a bad thing having women in it and a thing being bad because it has women in it.

Shazaminator
Oct 11, 2007
The power of Shazam compels you!

Panfilo posted:

I agree. I was kind of neutral about it until all the nerd tantrums and gatekeeping (accusing anyone in favor of FSM as being a "tourist") and now I hope they do it purely to spite these idiots.

I love “tourist” because it’s become essentially as worthless an insult as “woke” after one of those idiots had the gumption to go after John Blanche of all people on Twitter and call him a tourist.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Female space marines were a thing in the earliest editions and IIRC only got retconmed because GW could only support a limited number of sculpts at the time. gently caress it, just say they were there the entire time, just offscreen. Why not

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Do these idiots hear themselves talk?
https://twitter.com/Thor_Odinson/status/1749594258414182792?t=lyFzTyW3hXiZqMwxAhmTXg&s=19

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Your previous posts hold the answser.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Looks like the Battletech people issued a similar statement as Games Workshop, and it's very telling the type of people upset about it.
https://twitter.com/catalystgamelab/status/1749809280918925374?t=tNJevXl1scoX0RdnKmkTrA&s=19

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Panfilo posted:

Looks like the Battletech people issued a similar statement as Games Workshop, and it's very telling the type of people upset about it.
https://twitter.com/catalystgamelab/status/1749809280918925374?t=tNJevXl1scoX0RdnKmkTrA&s=19

why did i scroll into the comments

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
What's the "online smear campaign" they're taking about? I haven't really played the tabletop or read the books since back in the FASA days.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
Probably some fallout from Battletech's Dan Abnett equivalent being an honest to goodness Confederate?

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Z the IVth posted:

Probably some fallout from Battletech's Dan Abnett equivalent being an honest to goodness Confederate?

Yeah, it's Pardoe they're talking about.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
All of that poo poo went down right before and during the last Kickstarter as well and let me just check how that worked out for CGL:

Oh. Oh my.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

yeah drat that's an average of over $300 per pledge
buncha whales

anyway I rarely do this because chat is OK everywhere, but let's please recall that this is the unspiration thread and not the industry thread, and on that note

Winklebottom posted:

another entry for the ol' "please don't use real animal parts for your miniatures"

thanks for some proper miniatures unspiration, I hate it

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
I hate that I share hobby space with dudes like that

Also wouldn't the fish bits get all rotten and disgusting in less than a day?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Jonny Nox posted:

I don't like the idea of men riding horses. It's dangerous to the gonads and also effeminate.

The tabletop RPG Reign had it as a cultural constant that men ride sidesaddle. Since riding astride obviously makes you impotent any man who does so is considered a eunuch.
A few nations have experimented with cavalry on that basis but they were never able to get enough eunuchs to sustain a military force. So by the era the game is set in everyone fields cavalry units of women.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
I mean, that's really dumb. But it does Force you to have women in your game. So it's impossible to say if it's good or not

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It's good because the dumbness is the point. You're supposed to go "that's dumb" because it's pointless sexism, just pointed at men instead of women like usual. Sort of a how does it feel with the shoe on the other foot.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
We used to call this satire.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Atlas Hugged posted:

All of that poo poo went down right before and during the last Kickstarter as well and let me just check how that worked out for CGL:

Oh. Oh my.

Go woke go broke !!!

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

PoptartsNinja posted:

GW should do female space marines just to piss the chuds off. The ones who yell aren't paying customers, and the paying customers aren't going to find another game because sunk cost fallacy.

Especially if they've spent $2100 for a 2000 point AdMech army.

We're making female space Marines...

*crowd cheers*

...and they all have huge knockers...

*crowd boos*

...but you can shave them off....

*crowd cheers*

...if you hate the feminine form...

*crowd boos*

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

SkyeAuroline posted:

Yeah, it's Pardoe they're talking about.

wiki posted:

On July 30, 2022, Catalyst Game Labs announced they were suspending publication of new works by Pardoe "primarily due to Mr. Pardoe’s online activities, which do not align with Catalyst’s publishing vision." In an article on the website American Greatness, Pardoe wrote: "I found myself canceled for voicing my conservative beliefs". Pardoe has been a regular contributor to American Thinker, PJ Media, American Greatness, Bizpac Review, and other conservative sites.

Yeah dude’s a turbochud

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The guy managed to shoehorn the American Civil War as metaphor when writing a war that dissolved a one-generation long personal union between monarchies. He's always been garbage.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Ominous Jazz posted:

Also wouldn't the fish bits get all rotten and disgusting in less than a day?

If it's cooked and cleaned of all the fleshy bits it's just chitin after all.

There's a whole genre of videos

OG Lobster battleship
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PRvCvFJEwo

Longer version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0byUoEjRUY

Crab edition
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D437T1Usl2Q

Cyborg beetle edition
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6r4Gw9oUWDw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Business Gorillas posted:

We're making female space Marines...

*crowd cheers*

...and they all have huge knockers...

*crowd boos*

...but you can shave them off....

*crowd cheers*

...if you hate the feminine form...

*crowd boos*

If you can think of a better way to exchange long dice strands, I'd like to hear it.