Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

As far as staff goes it would be a power move to bring Connor Stallions along.

I don't know what he would do on the team, he has no skills other than spying from what I can tell. But just flying a huge middle finger to the NCAA.

Saying Stalions has skills as a spy is like saying Frank Reich has skills as a Head Coach. Just because he had the job doesn't mean he's actually good at it and in fact, we have evidence that he was really bad at the job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Whoever gets him also gets Jonnu Smith. It's a package deal.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Clapping like goddamn seals. At least Morgan seems unenthused.

https://x.com/4ourmanrush/status/1749951832850416102?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Hizawk posted:

No sarcasm, but Aaron Glenn is pretty much a defensive Dan Campbell and is gonna be a sick head coach.

His defence is quietly doing really well despite having a lame Cam Sutton as his CB1 and a stolen off the practice squad of another team lats in the year as his CB2.

They are bottom 6ish in most categories like yards per play, missed tackles, and touchdowns allowed. They are dead last in pressure %.

The main thing that seems average is the interception. But that’s likely not sustainable.

Detroit D is bad in the regular season. Haven’t check the playoffs.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Ya the unit has been playing “well” recently because they haven’t looked like a complete garbage fire but Glenn feels like a reach for teams trying to capture that Campbell magic

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Same for Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning. :lol:

Head coaches Joe Philbin, Adam Gase (twice!), and Nathaniel Hackett! :doh:

tbf, everyone knew the Jets were being dumb when they hired Gase immediately after he was clearly out of his depth in Miami

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

https://twitter.com/arjunmenon100/status/1749893257683943897/photo/1

doing a big squint at the supposed top two best in whatever metric this is :hmmno:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Is there like a data source for this chart or is it just dumb irrelevant bullshit like 99% of these things?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I’m sure Patriots fans are very happy to know they’re the best drafting team in the league. No complaints.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Dropping this graph that has the Patriots as #1, with three QBs rounding out the top 25%, and acting like it’s gospel is peak NFL Data Twitter

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Diva Cupcake posted:

I’m sure Patriots fans are very happy to know they’re the best drafting team in the league. No complaints.

They literally don't have any dots on the left edge of the picture, you can't argue with results like that

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

the "photoshop new acquisition in team gear" thing looks so weird with coaches

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I don’t believe there’s any interest in Smith beyond “Senior offensive advisor” or some BS title like that. The guy had his best run with a god tier RB in Henry and stumbled into an average QB who was underrated because Gase ruined him. His offenses seemed completely inept in Atlanta and you had whatever weird thing went on with Mariota leaving the team when he lost the starting job. Nothing seemed to go right.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Mega64 posted:

Is there like a data source for this chart or is it just dumb irrelevant bullshit like 99% of these things?

Guessing the data source is PFF player grades which then adds additional layers of subjectivity, especially for OL and DL players. It would be cool if these types of figures were held to the same scrutiny as peer-reviewed studies.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Probably has the Pats first because Bill loves picking dudes with low ceiling and mostly low floors, which lmao at counting those as hits

Never mind that NKeal Harry was a 1st round pick who can't run a route or run down the field without tripping over his own feet

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Anals of History posted:

Guessing the data source is PFF player grades which then adds additional layers of subjectivity, especially for OL and DL players. It would be cool if these types of figures were held to the same scrutiny as peer-reviewed studies.

It appears to be even worse then that and some formula based on wins (hence the Patriots being on top).

Glad to know Shaq Mason and Logan Ryan were the lynchpin of those 3 latter Superbowls though.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The second half of the Patriots dynasty begins and ends with Logan Ryan.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1750159053626429950?t=4wo5urk0N8DXSRPlaHm_hg&s=19

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

drat they did the right thing. What a world.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Congrats Packers fans, you're free

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Nosre posted:

https://twitter.com/arjunmenon100/status/1749893257683943897/photo/1

doing a big squint at the supposed top two best in whatever metric this is :hmmno:

"quantitative"

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

This is the first time I’ve seen what Joe Barry looks like, and he’s basically Great Value older Peyton Manning. We need Eli making forehead jokes.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Yay

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

If the Falcons don't go for Belichick... I cooooould see this working out. Probably not though

https://twitter.com/RossUglem/status/1750157464060719267

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Belichick's not going to go back to being a coordinator, that doesn't help him get the wins record.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Grozz Nuy posted:

Belichick's not going to go back to being a coordinator, that doesn't help him get the wins record.

That's true, but neither does sitting out a year.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Anals of History posted:

They often are, there are multiple sports statistics journals out there and I bet this model is in one of them

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

fartknocker posted:

This is the first time I’ve seen what Joe Barry looks like, and he’s basically Great Value older Peyton Manning. We need Eli making forehead jokes.

Now look up a picture of Luke Getsy. And then Nathaniel Hackett.

They’re cloning bad coordinators!

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Titans officially hired Brian Callahan and promoted Ran Carthon to Executive Vice President/GM— he’ll have final say and control over all roster, draft and free agency decisions.

Adams Strunk really was tired of Vrabel’s pet dudes chasing his vision of three yards and a cloud of dust lol

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Come to Seattle Bill. You might get the chance to tell Bezos to gently caress off personally whenever the team goes up for sale.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Bill could be done. There might be too many teams that don't want his baggage, won't give him the control he wants or don't want a 71 year old coach who isn't in it for the long haul. And the teams that are willing to deal with those issues might be ones that aren't to Belichick's liking. They might not have a good enough roster to start winning with right away or owners might be incompatible, etc.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1750179299142091213?t=lImBWnpC_kJ_s-Y4t-j1Wg&s=19

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Very eager to get a piece of the vaunted Giants roster building talent

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Grozz Nuy posted:

Judging by his job this season, neither does being a head coach.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

indigi posted:

the "photoshop new acquisition in team gear" thing looks so weird with coaches

I enjoyed the poorly done mspaint team change era.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Surprised Joe Horitz isn’t getting more attention, he’s been with the Ravens for 20 years

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Guess belichick fell through

https://x.com/schultz_report/status/1750208106829672453?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Reports out of Atlanta is that belichick doesn’t want to work with rich mckay but blank doesn’t want to fire him.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

FizFashizzle posted:

Guess belichick fell through

https://x.com/schultz_report/status/1750208106829672453?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Reports out of Atlanta is that belichick doesn’t want to work with rich mckay but blank doesn’t want to fire him.

Chargers needs to just hire Jim. Stop with the petty games.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Jim is working that leverage :hmmyes: Hope he takes Spanos for all he's worth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

Coldforge posted:

Jim is working that leverage :hmmyes: Hope he takes Spanos for all he's worth.

Unless Spanos Chargers' it.