Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Owl Inspector posted:

Looked in the mirror, discovered my hand had grown another hand. Terrifying

https://i.imgur.com/GgDs0jU.mp4

Well, the story does feature a lot of AIs running around…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grinnard
Apr 10, 2012
Try going into photo mode when you have mantis blades out

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/zO8MIrq.mp4

well there ya have it

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Delamain used Dig! It missed!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

V has called a big one!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

So is Cyberpunk 2077 actually playable right now? I bought it during the previous Steam sale, and I was thinking it's time to try it out.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Phlegmish posted:

So is Cyberpunk 2077 actually playable right now? I bought it during the previous Steam sale, and I was thinking it's time to try it out.

It's been consistently improving, and recently there's been a particularly big and significant patch (coinciding with the big DLC) that elevated it another step by revamping stuff like the skill trees. Now it's at the point where I'd just call it a genuinely good game, even if it does have a bit of openworld jank left in there.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
It was perfectly playable on PC on launch so yeah it's even better now

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Phlegmish posted:

It's very good, you should get it.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
After all the patches it's a solid 7 out of 10. Acceptable but not stellar mechanics, passable but not memorable story, only occasionally breaks utterly and usually only has visual oddities rather than anything upsetting the gameplay. Something to buy on a good sale, never at anything approaching normal price.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

buy robocop: rogue city instead

i will not be presenting an argument

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Phlegmish posted:

Other than what I’ve posted in this thread (which obviously doesn’t matter), I haven’t had any issues at all and it’s been completely fine. Seems like they really fixed it up from however it launched

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

cyberpunk is fun as hell but the big speed bumps: the story is like "what if neuromancer sucked rear end" and at least half of the voice acting is "reading their lines for the first time" level

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Doc Hawkins posted:

buy robocop: rogue city instead

i will not be presenting an argument

this

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Phlegmish posted:

Just gonna echo what everyone else has been saying. CP2077 is more than playable these days, but at the end of the day, the game itself is just alright. It's fun enough, you should play it.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

King of Solomon posted:

Just gonna echo what everyone else has been saying. CP2077 is more than playable these days, but at the end of the day, the game itself is just alright. It's fun enough, you should play it.

Yeah its worth picking up on sale. The city they built is pretty and at least anecdotally for me the bugs have been the "bethesda funny" kind and haven't broken the game.

I have the opposite issue where occasionally my character just has no arms. So i assume they are being donated to owl.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

If the game had been released in the state it is now (or even how it was right before the big 2.0 update and DLC) everybody would've been singing its praises.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Randomly bumped into this:

AI car's perspective 1:05
Player's perspective 2:05

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7W-RX2pGK4&t=65s

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Kennel posted:

Randomly bumped into this:

AI car's perspective 1:05
Player's perspective 2:05

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7W-RX2pGK4&t=65s

I really misheard the "That stupid ticker in the corner..." part at first.

I loved Stunts back then. Smooth gameplay and it was a lot of fun to make your own tracks.

DoNotFeedTheBear
Sep 13, 2007

PurpleXVI posted:

After all the patches it's a solid 7 out of 10. Acceptable but not stellar mechanics, passable but not memorable story, only occasionally breaks utterly and usually only has visual oddities rather than anything upsetting the gameplay. Something to buy on a good sale, never at anything approaching normal price.

My own rating would be an 8/10 (because it is fun) with some reservations. It's definitely a game worth playing. However, having played Phantom Liberty DLC with the idea of "Ah gently caress, I want a good ending for V!" - I'd say don't bother with Phantom Liberty. It pulls you so far away from the main story that I kind a lost view of the original story in its entirety. I think giving people what they wanted in terms of the ending (in a kind of backhanded way almost), was not a good idea.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I hard disagree, Phantom Liberty is fantastic and the endings of the game are all great

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Game: The Sims 3

Bug: What the hell.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

It's too late now, you should've grabbed the eraser while you had the chance! :ohdear:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/imBB9Kj.mp4

is he going to be ok

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba8sTZgCCmQ
Todd's still got it

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

RoboCop: Rogue City, the undisputed GotY 2023, got an update yesterday that added New Game+ and some other stuff. This update also introduced a fun new bug with the Auto-9 PCB upgrades, apparently causing all installed upgrades from every PCB to be active on your current board.

If you haven't played the game, the way this should work is that you swap between different PCBs to activate various upgrades modifying the behavior of RoboCop's Auto-9 gun - for example, one board might give you full auto fire while a different one enables an automatic ammo feeder so you never need to reload. These are probably the best upgrades you can get, and normally you can only get both near end of the game when you find a PCB with both abilities. But now, thanks to this bug, you can have both of these abilities (and more) active at the same time very early in the game, as soon as you find the boards that have them. See here:

You can see from the icons that I have both the no reloading and full auto upgrades active in an early game area (not even in NG+), even though my setup at this point was only supposed to have no reloading. Later, when I fought ED-209, the PCB I used was supposed to have neither upgrade in favor of improved armor piercing but still had both because they had been activated on these other PCBs (and ED-209 got absolutely melted as a result).

This is so hilariously broken that I expect it to get patched soon (unless I'm somehow the only person to encounter this bug), but in the meantime you can be comically overpowered.

I think this is related to the "Fixed the shooting mode not properly resetting when exiting interiors" part of the patch notes, as the bug seemed to trigger after exiting an interior as far as I could tell from looking at the gameplay I recorded last night. It might only affect the firing mode upgrades (including no reloads, I guess) as well because I don't think More Gore stayed active on my non-gory PCB.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

That's a majestic screenshot.

My favorite part might be the blood splat that managed to get between the first person gun and the camera.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Yo can you shoot off dicks in that game?

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

dialhforhero posted:

Even better, the combat mechanics and enemy design encourage you to shoot everyone in the dick.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

There is also an achievement for it!

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

dialhforhero posted:

There's an achievement.

Edit: gently caress

I got it by accident. Most of my shots were either misses or head shots.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hel posted:

Even better, the combat mechanics and enemy design encourage you to shoot everyone in the dick.

Yes, to be clear:

Enemies will have armor around most places, but never their dicks, and shooting them in the dick stuns them like a RE4 headshot in addition to massive damage. So unless you're fighting a non-human enemy it is always optimal to shoot them directly in the dick.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Yes, to be clear:

Enemies will have armor around most places, but never their dicks, and shooting them in the dick stuns them like a RE4 headshot in addition to massive damage. So unless you're fighting a non-human enemy it is always optimal to shoot them directly in the dick.
There are enemies with dick armor later in the game, but that's what armor piercing bullets are for.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

DMorbid posted:

There are enemies with dick armor later in the game, but that's what armor piercing bullets are for.

Visually yes, but they don't actually block dickshots.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

DMorbid posted:

The funny thing about that is that they visually have it but don't actually have any armor there.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Huh, I didn't realize that. That seems like a poor decision from those guys. Well, I know how I'll greet them on this playthrough. :getin:

But yeah, Rogue City is a lot of fun as long as you don't mind quite a bit of jank of the Euro variety (this game was made in Poland by a very small team). Sometimes the jank actually makes it more movie-accurate, especially when one of the ED-209s glitches out in a weird way.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't think anyone was expecting a genuinely good robocop game in 2023. that phrase doesn't even make sense!

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
I remember watching the Robocop reboot thinking, I would probably actually like this movie if it were called anything but Robocop.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Hel posted:

DMorbid posted:

There is also an achievement for it!

Praxis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Rogue City owns, really nails the way that you are incredibly dangerous and vastly more powerful than almost anything you come up against. This bug sounds incredible, I gotta get a chance to play before they patch it.