Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Mister Bates posted:

his campaign manager in the background, visibly horrified

Iirc he had to stop him from doing it a 2nd time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

MikeCrotch posted:

Iirc he had to stop him from doing it a 2nd time

the second time is when he had the look of horror and rushed over to stop it

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Spergin Morlock posted:

the second time is when he had the look of horror and rushed over to stop it

First as farce, then as tragedy

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
a bunch of teen shitposters puppeted Mike Gravel's corpse weekend-at-Bernie's-style for a few months

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-qUWsRbJVI

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

Mister Bates posted:

a bunch of teen shitposters puppeted Mike Gravel's corpse weekend-at-Bernie's-style for a few months

I liked Mike Gravel, in between Bernie and Kucinich there wasn't really anyone else like that as a candidate

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Dokapon Findom posted:

I liked Mike Gravel, in between Bernie and Kucinich there wasn't really anyone else like that as a candidate

In between B*rnie, Kucinich, the tenant from hell, and general chumpfuckery, this has been a cromulent fuckcrustable of a day. Mikey needy drinky

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Holy Wisdom poo poo Balls

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Once, my dad spent a few hours making a pot roast, and when he thought it was slightly overdone, he picked up each plate on the table and flung it at the wall. We didn't get to eat that night. Yeah, I guess you were lucky that your associations with men like Bernie yelling are positive.

-Sady Doyle

bertolt rekt
Jul 30, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

Once, my dad spent a few hours making a pot roast, and when he thought it was slightly overdone, he picked up each plate on the table and flung it at the wall. We didn't get to eat that night. Yeah, I guess you were lucky that your associations with men like Bernie yelling are positive.

-Sady Doyle

forgot about her. what’s she doing these days

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

bertolt rekt posted:

forgot about her. what’s she doing these days

Goes by Jude now, hasn't tweeted since may, appears to mostly write anti-catholicism stuff for medium and some blogs/magazines

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

projecthalaxy posted:

Goes by Jude now, hasn't tweeted since may, appears to mostly write anti-catholicism stuff for medium and some blogs/magazines

went bald

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

mawarannahr posted:

In between B*rnie, Kucinich, the tenant from hell, and general chumpfuckery, this has been a cromulent fuckcrustable of a day. Mikey needy drinky

I hope that guy is unable to go to a bar without hearing that line lol

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

That was Doyle who had that amazing tweet “the worst thing about being trans is sharing a gender with chapo trap house” right? Tried to find it but Jfc Google sucks rear end anymore

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

HashtagGirlboss posted:

That was Doyle who had that amazing tweet “the worst thing about being trans is sharing a gender with chapo trap house” right? Tried to find it but Jfc Google sucks rear end anymore

along those lines I think, yeah, he basically said that the fact that he'd be sharing a gender with them gave him pause about transitioning lol

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Taintrunner crashing on Jude Doyle's couch for two weeks and running so many taints that the Bernie Bro term/article/stigma was created, without which our man Bern would be president

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

everything about government arms procurement is stupid
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.276_Pedersen

"the great war is over. here's an intermediate cartridge we invented for infantry rifles. it weighs 30-40% less than the .30-06, has lower recoil for accurate, sustained fire, and performs well at the sub-500 yard ranges that we found combat actually happens at with virtually no tradeoffs. there are several designs for really nice autoloading rifles that fire it from 10 round clips and weigh less than the bolt action '03 it is replacing"

macarthur: "cool gun, but we are sitting on a pile of surplus .30-06 ammunition so make that gun shoot the old heavy kind of ammo from a new heavy rifle"

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
He really was a dumb motherfucker who kept failing upward at every opportunity. An American success story, really

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

canyoneer posted:

everything about government arms procurement is stupid
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.276_Pedersen

"the great war is over. here's an intermediate cartridge we invented for infantry rifles. it weighs 30-40% less than the .30-06, has lower recoil for accurate, sustained fire, and performs well at the sub-500 yard ranges that we found combat actually happens at with virtually no tradeoffs. there are several designs for really nice autoloading rifles that fire it from 10 round clips and weigh less than the bolt action '03 it is replacing"

macarthur: "cool gun, but we are sitting on a pile of surplus .30-06 ammunition so make that gun shoot the old heavy kind of ammo from a new heavy rifle"

during the American Civil War, JP Morgan served as the financier for an extremely funny weapons procurement grift, in which his business partners bought about 5000 beat-up, worn-out, decades-old surplus flintlock rifles from the government for about three dollars each, did the gunsmithing equivalent of slapping a new coat of paint on them (about 75 cents in parts and labor for 'refurbishment' of each gun), and then sold them back to the US government as brand new guns for twenty-two dollars each, pocketing 18.25 in profit per gun. The weapons they provided, given that they were antiques the military had offloaded as surplus and that they didn't really do anything to them except pretty them up a bit, were garbage, and saw little use.

fortunately for the Union they had most of America's industrial capacity at their disposal and quickly had all the small arms they would ever need, so it didn't really effect the war at all - but that also meant the guys who conned the US Army into buying back their own cast-off trash at a huge markup got away with it pretty much scot-free

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
JP Morgan also nearly heavily forced Americas involvement in WWI, since despite Wilson's vehement opposition to the war the US government realised that JP Morgan and other Wall Street firms had loaned so much money to the Allies that the US economy was in danger of collapse if they lost.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

The long term effects of direct Taintrunner exposure.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Milo and POTUS posted:

He really was a dumb motherfucker who kept failing upward at every opportunity. An American success story, really

Yep.

He makes the nepotism appointment Civil War officers look like Hannibal by contrast

rideANDxORdie
Jun 11, 2010
Browsing reddit and realizing I was brain poisoned when I saw this story and immediately thought of the word "laughable"

https://www.reddit.com/r/todayilearned/comments/19dubad/til_in_1856_the_xhosa_people_followed_a_prophecy/

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

John Kasich's all expenses paid eating tour of the United States aka his candidacy for president

Tbf I'd do the exact same thing

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Dokapon Findom posted:

John Kasich's all expenses paid eating tour of the United States aka his candidacy for president

Tbf I'd do the exact same thing

The moderators forgetting he existed at a primary debate and trying to start without him, with Chris Christie having to interrupt them with ‘What about Kasich, you forgot Kasich’

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Mister Bates posted:

The moderators forgetting he existed at a primary debate and trying to start without him, with Chris Christie having to interrupt them with ‘What about Kasich, you forgot Kasich’

This reminds me of the intro to whichever GOP debate with Trump standing offstage in solidarity with Ben Carson for some reason, and maybe my favorite Jeb! move of all time

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Yeah but if you read between the lines it’s what I said. Although I suppose for Hillary’s she might have been implying his children aren’t actually his

Oh I didn't mean to contradict you, I just looked it up and thought I may as well copy them across.

projecthalaxy posted:

-Sady Doyle

Sounds pretty privileged to me. I would simply eat off the floor.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Dokapon Findom posted:

This reminds me of the intro to whichever GOP debate with Trump standing offstage in solidarity with Ben Carson for some reason, and maybe my favorite Jeb! move of all time

That entire debate in retrospect was incredible. Christie downing Rubio was great.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Was that the one where trump made fun of his cock

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
whatever happened to that one group of weirdo theater kids that were going to build a commune in the middle of nowhere? black hammer I think?

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

the milk machine posted:

whatever happened to that one group of weirdo theater kids that were going to build a commune in the middle of nowhere? black hammer I think?

Rape charges for the main dude iirc

e:

Wikipedia posted:

Gazi Kodzo was arrested and charged with aggravated sodomy, conspiracy, false imprisonment, kidnapping, aggravated assault, and street gang activity. Another man, an associate of Kodzo named Xavier H. Rushin, was arrested and charged with kidnapping, assault, and false imprisonment.

Basically they went to Fayetteville and started operating out of a house there, and things eventually led to that

TeenageArchipelago has issued a correction as of 15:48 on Jan 24, 2024

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

the milk machine posted:

Main dude got arrested for kidnapping and rape

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
drat, i knew that guy was a fuckin psycho but i never heard about that. wild poo poo

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

ClassActionFursuit posted:

Main dude got arrested for kidnapping and rape

Yeah it turned out to just be a cult, and the leader was doing bog standard cult leader poo poo.

Also it turned out Blackhammer was, no joke, no lib russiagate bs, getting funding from Russian intelligence. Which is loving hilarious.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://x.com/KamalaHarris/status/1155305122911723526?s=20

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

all the usual suspects getting big mad at Michael Moore reading this verbatim at a chapo show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Lmao