Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

A Fancy Hat posted:

This is why WWE will never go out of business. Dude seems legitimately pissed off about how he was treated, then mentions he's already got tickets to multiple shows coming up. They'll just get Cody to sign another table for him and he'll be happy.

Well what's his recourse in that case? I guess he could sell the other tickets on Stubhub or whatever, but he (rightfully) doesn't even seem happy about the table he got, given to him begrudgingly when Cody wanted to give it to a kid, so I doubt he'll be happy with 3 more if they do this again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Astro7x posted:

Bro got moved from the front row because he was too tall. He’s 6’9”, 330 lbs. Lmao.

Bro got moved for making all the dudes in the ring look like midgets. 6’9, 330 dwarfs everyone.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The reason you can tell Vince is powerless is that they relocated the front row ogre (front rowgre) instead of signing him to face hulk hogan

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
wasn’t Vince’s Egg a Netflix thing? did they get 5 billion dollars because they did really good with the Egg Storyline

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Bard Maddox posted:

wasn’t Vince’s Egg a Netflix thing? did they get 5 billion dollars because they did really good with the Egg Storyline

1. Yes, to promote Netflix Films' Red Notice

2. I don't know

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Why does he need to stand up to take pictures if he's in the front row and probably still pretty tall sitting down

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
IIRC The Egg eventually gets stolen from Vince by Austin Theory?

Also, still funny as gently caress.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HOfRdq6QBs

edit: He even showed it off to The Tribal Chief!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvrCNlvdsk0

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
How could anyone forget Red Notice, the $200 million production with 1.8 billion minutes viewed???

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 58 minutes!

Digital Jedi posted:

IIRC The Egg eventually gets stolen from Vince by Austin Theory?

Also, still funny as gently caress.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HOfRdq6QBs

edit: He even showed it off to The Tribal Chief!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvrCNlvdsk0

cinema

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

My favorite part of the egg storyline is that you never see Vince leave that room but the egg somehow gets stolen while he's in there. You've got one scene where he's all, look at this egg I have, like it or I'll fire you. And in the very next one, wait where's the egg.

Also, Red Notice was perfectly adequate entertainment to have on in the background while I cleaned the kitchen.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
“Hey dude, sorry but you are too noticeable and attention-grabbing when we are trying to put on a wrestling show, here is a bunch of swag and we want to move you a little”

“This is sizeist, also I will be back next time you come here for this same kind of shabby treatment”

:ok:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation

egg

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://www.si.com/fannation/wrestling/news/wrestlemania-40-card-is-taking-shape-and-it-looks-spectacular

quote:

Multiple sources close to WWE Head of Creative Paul “Triple H” Levesque have indicated that Rhodes will not headline this year’s event, nor will he “finish his story” at WrestleMania. But there is still a new chapter to write with a marquee matchup to be had… against CM Punk.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

rotinaj posted:

“Hey dude, sorry but you are too noticeable and attention-grabbing when we are trying to put on a wrestling show, here is a bunch of swag and we want to move you a little”

“This is sizeist, also I will be back next time you come here for this same kind of shabby treatment”

:ok:

Fed marks aren't the sharpest

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Hey, there's still lots of time for Punk to get injured and or throw a tantrum, things could still change

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Lmao, incredible

“Finish the story once we’re off tv, nerd”

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yes.....hahahahahaha.....EGG!

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

lol Cody and punk being shunted into the “names we don’t trust yet” pile for mania

Rock/roman, Rollins/priest, and Cody/punk are not all three on the same level and lol forever at punk being slid neatly into yet another non-main-event at mania

I really hope now he never gets to be the final match on the mania card, because that will salt his rear end up forever and be super funny

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

To be unfairly charitable to the ringside seats guy he probably already bought the next show’s tickets before this all happened and if I’d spent silly amounts of money on show tickets I’d probably still go too since reselling them just seems like a chore

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
He's probably got enough money if he can blow it on upcoming shows.

They should stick him on the side with the hard cam and tell him to keep his loving head down.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

rotinaj posted:

lol Cody and punk being shunted into the “names we don’t trust yet” pile for mania

Rock/roman, Rollins/priest, and Cody/punk are not all three on the same level and lol forever at punk being slid neatly into yet another non-main-event at mania

I really hope now he never gets to be the final match on the mania card, because that will salt his rear end up forever and be super funny

Hey the kid was the curtain jerker at Wembley and he's already moved up to the main event of the B night of Mania. He's going places!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I wouldn't trust much in that "article" since it includes:

quote:

Rhodes and Punk laid the groundwork for their feud this past Monday on Raw. It was the most gripping, intense segment on Raw in nearly a decade. Punk was at his absolute best on the microphone, and Rhodes–who started slowly but built momentum–showed range on the mic that he has never before displayed.

:jerkbag:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dango Bango posted:

I wouldn't trust much in that "article" since it includes:

:jerkbag:

Lots of folk seem very happy with that promo battle

John Pollock and Wei Ting were falling all over themselves over how great it was. It seems like the majority of folks are happy with how it turned out

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

oh wow if wai ting the guy who cries actual tears of happiness on air about raw multiple times a year liked it

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

rotinaj posted:

John Pollock and Wei Ting were falling all over themselves over how great it was. It seems like the majority of folks are happy with how it turned out

The majority of folks who watch WWE also cheered when Vince returned

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation

yea ok posted:

oh wow if wai ting the guy who cries actual tears of happiness on air about raw multiple times a year liked it

in english, please???

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

yea ok posted:

lol what

I like Jon usually. He's been plenty willing to take shots at WWE even since they've supposedly gotten way better. If he liked the Punk/Cody thing I'm sure it was probably at least decent.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

mooseinfants posted:

lol what

I like Jon usually. He's been plenty willing to take shots at WWE even since they've supposedly gotten way better. If he liked the Punk/Cody thing I'm sure it was probably at least decent.

Yea ok is talking about the time Wai said the Bloodline made him cry.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It was a neat promo but the real upside of it is we have the possibility of a world where punk has come in and threatened to do to Cody what the rock did to him and then actually the rock shows up again and does it to both of them, which is the funniest possible thing in wrestling so far this year

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

THE john pollock!

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

rotinaj posted:

I don’t know who either of these guys are or why I should care about them and their opinions on a mid promo.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Look, "the majority of folks" were fine with it, that means we just have to accept that it was good.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

as a cody fan and former punk fan it stunk. they’re going through the motions and trying to rehash / reference things that had actual heat, and outside of a couple big events per year the wwe crowds are absolutely dead and both those guys thrive on feeding on crowd energy. no passion!

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
people told me the bloodline feud was cinema they wouldn't steer me wrong on this promo I'm sure

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

quote:

It was the most gripping, intense segment on Raw in nearly a decade.

I mean, Punk left WWE almost 10 years ago to the day. Jan 26th, 2014. This isn't saying much.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

they’re going through the motions and trying to rehash / reference things that had actual heat

All without mentioning it directly. Nobody talks that way. And it gets zero heat from the crowd because the vast majority of them have no idea what they're talking about

Astro7x fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jan 24, 2024

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

The_Rob posted:

I don’t know who either of these guys are or why I should care about them and their opinions on a mid promo.

They are wrestling journalists who have a successful wrestling news site

Like, I’m not claiming Nancy Reagan suddenly clawed her way out of the grave to demand brains and also to say that the promo was good

Some folks online seemed to like it, and we appear to be in the minority

You don’t have to like it, but you do have to accept it

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
My only neutral sources are Meltzer and Alvarez and they said that it was very good, so you are probably just haters and unhinged fanboys, sorry.

I didn't watch it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I thought the promo was fine overall but it took a while to get going and was too long. It needed more fire from Cody instead of him trying to play cool. I guess that's his character though.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1749946529958232268?t=OYAgP5LzCv0vlXurPHrCLA&s=19

2 million hogs agree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

others should respect the promo because a lot of people liked it