Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Treecko posted:

I ment that in the best way possible, I needed the laugh.

No problem, I'm not the vengeful Alec Baldwin after all.

:blastu:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Treecko posted:

I have a weird thing for David Spade, I'll take him

I'm kind of a size queen

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

kntfkr posted:

Being an actor doesn't excuse first degree murdering an unarmed mother of two.

Yeah but, he’s like really charismatic!

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

alec blasted my balls off and every time i recover i see this motherfucker round every corner

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
he should be charged as the executive producer but i think a producer on set literally called out the gun as being "cleared" without checking anything before handing it to him and it feels like that producer should mega go to jail

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

kinda sad to see the thread single out Alec Baldwin, when every James Bond movie starts with Bond shooting the cameraman

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Buce posted:

even if baldwin pulled the trigger 50 times while screaming MURDER TIIIIIIME, it's still on the armorer to make sure the gun is cold. like, how is this whole poo poo still going

Because while the armorer's job is to make sure this doesn't happen its a pretty easy to understand concept that the ultimate moral and legal responsibility for manslaughter is on the person that pulled the trigger on a real gun.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I hate this attitude of dispersed responsibility. If a self driving car kills someone, then the person behind the wheel killed them.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Being credited as a producer of a third-run Netflix dump movie should be punishment enough

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

It's a movie set. People have different jobs. The armorer has the job of ensuring the props are safe to use. No way is this on the actor. They don't know what is real or fake, safe or dangerous.

If it had been a physical stunt where one actor falls onto another with a stunt coordinator arranging it all and something went wrong you'd not hold the falling actor responsible. You'd look to the stunt team for who screwed up.

Baldwin as a producer might be liable for other failings but as an actor it's not his job to understand if the gun he's holding has real cartridges or props. Hell, he probably didn't even know it was an actual firearm. I don't even understand why he was charged at all.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

he knew and he didnt care

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

some of the crew reported baldwin turned the gun on himself right after smoking the cinematographer, but it dry fired. he knew exactly what he did

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

PookBear posted:

Because while the armorer's job is to make sure this doesn't happen its a pretty easy to understand concept that the ultimate moral and legal responsibility for manslaughter is on the person that pulled the trigger on a real gun.

there's no evidence he pulled the trigger, though. his own statement is that he didn't, the fbi damaged the gun when testing it, and the new testing vendor that claimed he had to have pulled the trigger basically had to rebuild the gun to test it, meaning it wasn't the gun in baldwin's hand on the day of the incident.

I'm pretty sure the criminal charges against him will be dismissed again.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

If Apec would've just used the traditional weapon of old, like the wrist-mounted dagger, while being respectful of his target instead of threatening everyone on set with a loaded six-shooter, he would have gotten away with a clean job. Hope the Order takes notice of his transgressions while he's in prison, and performs a proper excommunication. Requiescat in pace.

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

The Single Action Army is well known for being a firearm that can discharge a round without pulling the trigger. The hammer basically rests on the primer when it is down and there's no hammer block mechanism on the trigger when it is cocked. The hammer notches can wear meaning you can push the hammer off the notch with pressure without pulling the trigger.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

PookBear posted:

I hate this attitude of dispersed responsibility. If a self driving car kills someone, then the person behind the wheel killed them.

Except it's a car that was used the day before where someone cut the brakes and then gave it to someone to use in a Group B event without telling them the brake lines had been cut

It's not really the same thing

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

there's no evidence he pulled the trigger, though.

Bullets do not fire themselves, I hope that's simple enough for you to understand.

It's not like he dropped it or something.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Big rear end On Fire posted:

The Single Action Army is well known for being a firearm that can discharge a round without pulling the trigger. The hammer basically rests on the primer when it is down and there's no hammer block mechanism on the trigger when it is cocked. The hammer notches can wear meaning you can push the hammer off the notch with pressure without pulling the trigger.

It's almost like someone should be legally held responsible for negligence and/or murder.

Alec will strike again at this rate.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

smoobles posted:

kinda sad to see the thread single out Alec Baldwin, when every James Bond movie starts with Bond shooting the cameraman

Yeah but with James bond they made sure to only hire camera operators that had displeased the queen, so it was more just a royal execution -but not the good kind- than anything else.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

satanic splash-back posted:

Bullets do not fire themselves, I hope that's simple enough for you to understand.

It's not like he dropped it or something.

Depending on the weapon, sometimes a gentle shake is all it needs to discharge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fn6GFSwTEw

At the time he had the gun in his hand, Baldwin was an actor on a set with what he thought was a prop gun that he was told was clear. He claims he didn't pull the trigger, and it is very possible for the type of gun he had to fire without pulling the trigger. There is a big stretch to get to criminal liability.

He is 100% liable for wrongful death, a civil matter, and should pay millions. I don't think any criminal charges stick, though, with all of the circumstances in place in this case.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Alec Baldwin held a gun and fired it at someone without first checking if it was unloaded with his own eyes and will not be charged with murder

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Alec Baldwin held a gun and fired it at someone without first checking if it was unloaded with his own eyes and will not be charged with murder

It was (supposed to be) a prop gun that he was told was clear. Actors are loving idiots who rely on the propmaster and armorer to ensure that everything is safe.

For example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZhHxTCGi8c

Cosmik Debris
Sep 12, 2006

The idea of a place being called "Chuck's Suck & Fuck" is, first of all, a little hard to believe

Lol Alec Baldwin is a dumbass and probably doesn't know how guns work anyway, that's why you hire an expert to manage these aspects of filming.

There are systems in life and sometimes mistakes in one place by one party translate to consequences in another place for another party

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

why don't they just hire a lady detective to sort this all out? there has been a similar plotline in at least two lady detective shows i've watched in the past decade, and the lady detective always got to the bottom of it.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Bad Purchase posted:

why don't they just hire a lady detective to sort this all out? there has been a similar plotline in at least two lady detective shows i've watched in the past decade, and the lady detective always got to the bottom of it.

what's the one not starring Angela Lansbury

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

AARD VARKMAN posted:

what's the one not starring Angela Lansbury

neither, the two i was thinking of are miss fisher's murder mysteries and miss scarlet and the duke

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

It's a movie set. People have different jobs. The armorer has the job of ensuring the props are safe to use. No way is this on the actor. They don't know what is real or fake, safe or dangerous.

If it had been a physical stunt where one actor falls onto another with a stunt coordinator arranging it all and something went wrong you'd not hold the falling actor responsible. You'd look to the stunt team for who screwed up.

Baldwin as a producer might be liable for other failings but as an actor it's not his job to understand if the gun he's holding has real cartridges or props. Hell, he probably didn't even know it was an actual firearm. I don't even understand why he was charged at all.

To clarify, he 100% knew it was a real gun and that there were real bullets on the set, because the armorer and other crew members were loving around with it and using it for target practice out back.

There were also two accidental discharges in the days leading up to it which is partially what resulted in the crew members walking off that morning

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/movies/2021/10/22/alec-baldwin-rust-safety-complaints-before-death-reports/6141302001/

Also lol that the company is called Rust Movie Productions LLC.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

je1 healthcare posted:

That’s pretty common. A lot of film productions form LLCs that exist for the sole purpose of the making the film. Especially when there isn’t a big studio involved, you need a business entity to handle a lot of things (getting money from investors, hiring crew, renting locations/equipment, etc. Since the company will only exist for that one movie, they often have the name <Movie Name> Production(s) or similar.

This can be a fun way to see if a movie’s title was changed during production, too. Like, the Donald Glover indie film Mystery Team was produced by Mystery Gang Productions (they had to change the title since Hannah Barbera had the copyright to “Mystery Gang” thanks to Scooby Doo).

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

je1 healthcare posted:

To clarify, he 100% knew it was a real gun and that there were real bullets on the set, because the armorer and other crew members were loving around with it and using it for target practice out back.

There were also two accidental discharges in the days leading up to it which is partially what resulted in the crew members walking off that morning

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/movies/2021/10/22/alec-baldwin-rust-safety-complaints-before-death-reports/6141302001/

Was he present when they were using it for target practice? Did he know it was the same gun? Was it the same gun? Also that article says it had "misfires". Misfires in shooting terms means the trigger was pulled but the cartridge did not fire. That tells me that someone pulled the trigger of the gun expecting a report and didn't get one. That's a major screwup but not the same thing as an accidental discharge.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Was he present when they were using it for target practice? Did he know it was the same gun? Was it the same gun? Also that article says it had "misfires". Misfires in shooting terms means the trigger was pulled but the cartridge did not fire. That tells me that someone pulled the trigger of the gun expecting a report and didn't get one. That's a major screwup but not the same thing as an accidental discharge.

He was definitely on set when folks were loving around and it wasn’t a big enough location that you could have gunfire in one part of it and not hear it elsewhere. It was also confirmed that the gun he killed that woman with was the one folks were using for shooting targets.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

A pale nimbus of cancer-inducing smoke is pallbearing the last of my remaining leads through the grimy facets of an overused whiskey glass silently leasing the corner of my desk: "Was it really a crime of passion? Why'd feds break the gun? Just who are Baldwin's real enemies?"

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

It'd be impossible for them to shoot cans out back without everyone on set hearing it, unless they were like 3 miles away. Also the prior on-set misfires that the crew complained about were in fact accidental discharges:

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/business/story/2021-10-22/alec-baldwin-rust-camera-crew-walked-off-set

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm playing Golden Sun 2: The Lost Age on Nintendo Switch Online Game Boy Advance app.

Anyway there is an enemy named "Alec Goblin"

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

Baldwin is not going down for this. It sounds like the production had problems, the armorer was a complete screw up and the assistant director didn't do their job.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
What do you guys think the movies commentary track will be like

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Baldwin KNEW the gun was loaded and how it worked. The armourer loving up is a RUSE so he can kill and get away with it.

AND HE'LL DO IT AGAIN. HIS BLOODLUST CANNOT BE STOPPED!!

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Bad Purchase posted:

If they can't get a lady detective on short notice, maybe they can have Ice-T show up and explain Alec Baldwin's particular subcultural practices

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Baldwin is not going down for this. It sounds like the production had problems, the armorer was a complete screw up and the assistant director didn't do their job.

yep, it’s this, and perhaps also some culpability for the on set producer who should’ve been aware of these shortcomings from prior incidents and fixed them before they turned deadly — whoever that might be.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

He lied about not pulling the trigger. Was adamant about it, in fact, and the feds managed to prove otherwise.

Feds don't like it when you lie to them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

sure okay posted:

He lied about not pulling the trigger. Was adamant about it, in fact, and the feds managed to prove otherwise.

Feds don't like it when you lie to them!

Then again the crew could say that the trigger wasn't pulled for the other accidental discharges either which would bolster claims that it was worn or defective