Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

The best* thing about covid is that regardless of how if affects you at the time, many studies have shown an increase in ongoing neurological damage and mental difficulties afterwards, and an increase risk of blood clots.

:haw:

Anyway, I don't know the answer to how Howard and Beth handled it but here's hoping they (and literally everyone else) somehow avoids the potential long lasting side effects.

*Very much not the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

The best* thing about covid is that regardless of how if affects you at the time, many studies have shown an increase in ongoing neurological damage and mental difficulties afterwards, and an increase risk of blood clots.

*Very much not the best

Do the studies you're referencing suggest if the vaccine helps minimize that damage? I'm not taking a stance on the vaccine one way or the other, but just asking out of curiosity. I believe the current status of the vaccine is that it doesn't necessarily prevent infection but increases the likelihood that the infection is less severe, but I'm curious if it also aids in preventing these (rather alarming sounding) long term risks of infection.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Sand Monster posted:

Do the studies you're referencing suggest if the vaccine helps minimize that damage? I'm not taking a stance on the vaccine one way or the other, but just asking out of curiosity. I believe the current status of the vaccine is that it doesn't necessarily prevent infection but increases the likelihood that the infection is less severe, but I'm curious if it also aids in preventing these (rather alarming sounding) long term risks of infection.

I'd have to check through them, but afaik, it's as you put it, the vaccine greatly reduces the severity of the infection.

The moment we have a good enough vaccine that tackles long covid, we'll have essentially beaten it.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'd have to check through them, but afaik, it's as you put it, the vaccine greatly reduces the severity of the infection.

The moment we have a good enough vaccine that tackles long covid, we'll have essentially beaten it.

If it was created by man it can be solved by man

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
The vaccines reduce the severity of infection due to contact infection. much like every other vaccine.

Smallpox (an active virus vaccine) gives you 3-5 years immunity and nobody in America born before 1972 has had that shot.
On one hand 47% of people won't get vaccines in the future, on the other hand 99.9% of that group vote Republican so who's to say whether it's good or bad.

I've had 7 COVID shots now and have never caught COVID despite going to movies/restaurants/bars/riding in Ubers since mid-2021. It's possible I'm godlike but it's also possible vaccinations work

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ether Frenzy posted:

On one hand 47% of people won't get vaccines in the future, on the other hand 99.9% of that group vote Republican so who's to say whether it's good or bad.

That's a good thing.

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
I was made for lovin steve langford

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Shes Not Impressed posted:

If it was created by man it can be solved by man

What if it was created by the lizard people?

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
if we all say baba booey maybe theyll stop talking about covid

baba booey

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

The vaccines reduce the severity of infection due to contact infection. much like every other vaccine.

Smallpox (an active virus vaccine) gives you 3-5 years immunity and nobody in America born before 1972 has had that shot.

Speak for yourself, I got the Monkey Pox vaccine last month, so I'm immunized to Small Pox as well.

I LOVE vaccines, gimme gimmee gimme. I've had a flu shot every year for 20+ years now.

Ether Frenzy posted:

I've had 7 COVID shots now and have never caught COVID despite going to movies/restaurants/bars/riding in Ubers since mid-2021. It's possible I'm godlike but it's also possible vaccinations work

This was pretty much my experience as well... until I finally caught it in October.

And because I thought I was godlike, I ignored the symptoms until I had given it to all of my employees. If I had just masked up right away, I probably could have contained the outbreak.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Shoo shoo retarded COVID flu!!

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

Mac hine!

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Tu lengua en mi culo

...I don't speak Spanish

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Support Our War dot com. What's the problem with me having a side business?

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Scoresman is about having fun, motherf****r, and if you don't like it, you can go **** yourself!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

It says something that Scoresman will always, always, always be 65 shades more interesting than Fartman ever was.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

barnold posted:

Support Our War dot com. What's the problem with me having a side business?

DUDE I TALKED TO THE PENTAGON!!!

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
not only do i love that we quote 15-20 year old bits ITT but i also love that i can quote something offhand that happened that long ago and there will always be at least one person who knows exactly what i'm talking about

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

barnold posted:

not only do i love that we quote 15-20 year old bits ITT but i also love that i can quote something offhand that happened that long ago and there will always be at least one person who knows exactly what i'm talking about

So what are you into what are your interests

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Shes Not Impressed posted:

So what are you into what are your interests

i'm all about meeting guys, i'm all about meeting girls

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Keep talking I'm stroking my Hydrogen Rod

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
meepzorp from the blumpkin galaxy

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I'ma retarded alien

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Ok, so I stopped listening the Wrap Up show. I used to really enjoy it, listened almost every day.

But without John Hein, it's just not the same. Rassan is a blustering rear end in a top hat with lovely opinions, and his mocking of Gary rings hollow. He runs a terrrible show, let's lovely callers babble on way to long, and just comes off like a jerk.

EDIT: English and it's loving homonyms.

Squashy Nipples fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jan 25, 2024

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
He’s not fun, he’s not funny.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
John Hein left the Wrap Up Show? That must be awful. It already got pretty meh when Howard set the rule that other members of the show were not allowed on because he wanted all the drama saved for his show.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

John Hein has obviously listened to a ton of NPR in his lifetime, and Rassan hasn't.

I hate to bust on Rassan, because I think he's done an excellent job with the tapes, some of the edits are really subtle. But he is a lousy broadcaster and I don't like his personality.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
When Rassan would fill in for Hein, the problem was that he clearly wasn't an old school listener to the show. He could comment on what happened that day, but he didn't have the history that Hein did where he could bring up things that happened in the show's history and Gary could tell some related stories.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

barnold posted:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
So why did hein leave? Did he quit the stern show too? Or is just not on TWUS?

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
He stepped aside in order to devote more time to making fast-food employees miserable.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
When I went searching for a Kenneth Keith pic, I got linked to this video of when he brought a girlfriend into the studio who was way out of his league and it took me a while to realize that she looks like a female Paul Stanley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww4Fkq4W4Ns

Pauline Stanley

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Chicken Butt posted:

He stepped aside in order to devote more time to making fast-food employees miserable.

That's not true. From what he has said he never steps aside.

Lifespan fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jan 26, 2024

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
https://www.ihatestevensinger.com/

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Chicken Butt posted:

Man, you just reminded me of his absolutely psychotic diatribe or manifesto or whatever it is about how to order at a fast food restaurant.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfFvxBee33s

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Michigan won the national championship and he had to maintain his BJ record

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

DUDE I TALKED TO THE PENTAGON!!!

Artie got some good ball busting of Cabbie in there.

"Hello, Pentagon."

"I WANT TO START A WEBSITE"

"Please hold."

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
are you stroking your cock?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
Cabbie’s greatest contributions are when he wasn’t in the studio or on the phone or able to be heard at all.