Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

zedprime posted:

Chinese food is from white Americans. Indian food is from white Scottish. Mexican food? You guessed it.

Frank Stallone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

SlothfulCobra posted:

I'd eat a crow.

Come to Restaurant Tennstopet in Stockholm, Sweden. They have been serving crow seasonally since the 1970s.

It's served with pommes williams (those pear looking things), cognac cream sauce, jelly (probably rowan and port wine jelly), and spring vegetables. The crow is supposed to be very very gamey, despite being marinated in milk and stuff for a long while before cooking.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

axolotl farmer posted:

Come to Restaurant Tennstopet in Stockholm, Sweden. They have been serving crow seasonally since the 1970s.

It's served with pommes williams (those pear looking things), cognac cream sauce, jelly (probably rowan and port wine jelly), and spring vegetables. The crow is supposed to be very very gamey, despite being marinated in milk and stuff for a long while before cooking.

That's not a lot of crow. I could easily get more if I just killed all the crows that try to steal my kebab.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Eating meat off one skewer while hiding another behind my back.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

SlothfulCobra posted:

I'd eat a crow.

I used to do a lot of late night/early morning Discovery/Animal Planet viewing cause they were the only not infomercial channels at that point. Some guy on I think some alligator hunting show found a roadkill crow and turned into a soup. His friend was all "NOO" but he ate it anyway and got sick.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Can one eat a Canadian goose? Has any country’s cuisine tried?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I'm sure you could, but why would you want to eat an animal that subsists entirely on hatred? That sounds worse than eating a bear that's been on a heavily carnivorous diet.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

lobsterminator posted:

That's not a lot of crow. I could easily get more if I just killed all the crows that try to steal my kebab.

Yeah one of the reasons a lot of more unusual meat sources get ignored is because there's not a whole lot of meat per unit for a lot of critters.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

yes I have eaten dove, not worth it

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Goose is very good but I don't know if Canada goose specifically is. Whatever kind of goose they raise for barbecue in Hong Kong is delicious.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Captain Hygiene posted:

I'm sure you could, but why would you want to eat an animal that subsists entirely on hatred? That sounds worse than eating a bear that's been on a heavily carnivorous diet.

I want to, just because of their hatred.

Captain Toasted
Jan 3, 2009

TV Zombie posted:

Farm raised geese taste good but wild geese taste absolutely terrible

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Gonna eat a peacock

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Eat a plate of crow and you'll be full for an hour. Become friends with a crow and teach it to split it's stolen kebab in exchange for tinfoil and you're full for the rest of your life.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

a sexual elk posted:

Gonna eat a peacock

claim its power.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

zedprime posted:

Eat a plate of crow and you'll be full for an hour. Become friends with a crow and teach it to split it's stolen kebab in exchange for tinfoil and you're full for the rest of your life.

BRB gonna ruin Glasgow with a plague of crows

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Captain Hygiene posted:

Because cruelty is delicious, so you can double up by eating a cruel animal that you were extra cruel to.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

TV Zombie posted:

Dunno about canadian geese but goose generally is very tasty.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Crows are too smart to eat. Might as well barbeque a dolphin.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
I mean, pan frying would be nicer to savour a good dolphin.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
You can eat a dolphin but you should eat an evil dolphin, not a good dolphin.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

All Dolphins Are Bastards.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

TV Zombie posted:

we eat emu and kangaroo, both of which are on the coat of arms lol

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

CzarChasm posted:

Frank Stallone?

RIP Norm

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

zedprime posted:

If they've already stolen a kebab, why would they need to trade it for tinfoil? You think they can't unwrap the kebab?

Scarodactyl posted:

Crows are too smart to eat. Might as well barbeque a dolphin.
Or a cow or a pig.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Here, have an idiot. He gradually adds 1Tbsp > 1/4 Cup > 1/2 Cup > 1 Cup sawdust to bread dough, bakes and eats them to see if the historical story of "unscrupulous" millers adding sawdust to flour undetected is viable. That's all in the first 7:30

There's a midpoint break where he builds a wood box, and then Experiment 2: Can he taste the difference between different types of sawdust? Yup. And cedar is pretty not terrible. Black walnut is the worst.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTC_ETWa3JA

TLDW: Up to 1/4 cup of sawdust in a basic loaf of bread might slip past some people. Anything above that is terrible. Oh, and don't do it.

CzarChasm has a new favorite as of 05:19 on Jan 25, 2024

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

well why not posted:

we eat emu and kangaroo, both of which are on the coat of arms lol

Hah, someone submitted a menu to your parliament in 1908 and it got adopted.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

CzarChasm posted:

Here, have an idiot. He gradually adds 1Tbsp > 1/4 Cup > 1/2 Cup > 1 Cup sawdust to bread dough, bakes and eats them to see if the historical story of "unscrupulous" millers adding sawdust to flour undetected is viable. That's all in the first 7:30

There's a midpoint break where he builds a wood box, and then Experiment 2: Can he taste the difference between different types of sawdust? Yup. And cedar is pretty not terrible. Black walnut is the worst.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTC_ETWa3JA

TLDW: Up to 1/4 cup of sawdust in a basic loaf of bread might slip past some people. Anything above that is terrible. Oh, and don't do it.

William Osman did the same thing with rice crispies. 33% was where it was still borderline edible.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKDal51f5LU

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

There's a reason old timey food ads for things like bread and flour made a point of hyping how "100% pure" their ingredients were. Watering down milk was another big one, and it wasn't like they were exactly watering it down with artisanal spring water.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Porfiriato posted:

There's a reason old timey food ads for things like bread and flour made a point of hyping how "100% pure" their ingredients were. Watering down milk was another big one, and it wasn't like they were exactly watering it down with artisanal spring water.

Yep. Formaldehyde (keeps it from going bad) and cow brains (it floats like cream!)

Should get rid of regulations tho, bunch of red tape

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

The last milk tempering fiasco in China that killed babies shows just how bad things can still get in modern times.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

The "eggplant parmigiana" my sister was served at a restaurant recently:

That's a whole eggplant, skin on, crumbed and baked with sauce and cheese. Reportedly, it was too tough for her to bite through and almost too tough to cut with a steak knife. She sent it back and got a chicken parma as replacement, although the manager insisted that that was what it was supposed to be like.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Tiggum posted:

That's a whole eggplant, skin on, crumbed and baked with sauce and cheese. Reportedly, it was too tough for her to bite through and almost too tough to cut with a steak knife. She sent it back and got a chicken parma as replacement, although the manager insisted that that was what it was supposed to be like.

Lmao

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Tiggum posted:

Somebody call Gordon Ramsay

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Porfiriato posted:

Yeah flour and sugar would usually be cut with any other white powders. And with all the white powers out there, it was also possible for somebody to mistake harmless gypsum with toxic arsenic when cutting their sugar.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1858_Bradford_sweets_poisoning

Nice.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Grand Fromage posted:

Goose is very good but I don't know if Canada goose specifically is. Whatever kind of goose they raise for barbecue in Hong Kong is delicious.

I’m assuming we’re talking different breeds but I have no idea and the best food in the world is the goose noodles they have in Dongguan.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Tiggum posted:

0/5 stars

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Cropped out OP's comments bc the pervert actually liked the thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Curious to try that atop a meatloaf