Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I'm sick of educating these casuals about palworld meta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
Lol, What little snitch is constantly sending me messages that my Pals are taking a break or slacking off?

Shuka posted:

What do you think? Use any ranged weapon for christ sakes why are you waiting for guns.

Yeah press 4 to set behaviour. Also start reading the loving prompts

Are you okay?

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Can we change the thread title to "shut the hell up about palworld"?

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Can't stop playing Tiny Rogues. I bounced off other bullet hell roguelikes like Monolith but this just does it for me. Maybe I just like a fantasy setting better.

Communist Bear posted:

I agree, there's a thread for it elsewhere.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Being better than average at video games is all I got and drat if you’re gonna stop me from punching at anything that looks like down to me

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Communist Bear posted:

It’s the biggest seller of the year and might be steams all time biggest seller so yeah good luck with that.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

can we stop posting about baldurs gate 3 please????

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

MarcusSA posted:

It’s the biggest seller of the year and might be steams all time biggest seller so yeah good luck with that.

Talking about Palworld in regards to steam seems fine. It's cool seeing user numbers and everything.

Talking about specific things about Palworld should probably go in the Palworld thread though.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I’m reporting any post that talks about Undertale

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Gentlemen, you can't post about games here, this is the Steam thread!

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
I'll stop talking about Palworld here, I was just asking questions here because I thought I'd avoid a weird angry response.

I might talk about Craftopia though

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Rename this thread to "PC gaming"

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

What's you guys's favorite way of producing Steam? I like to heat up cup noodles and then open the flap into my face.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Rename this thread to "PC gaming"

Step 2. Make a new Steam thread with the same OP.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Deakul posted:

What's you guys's favorite way of producing Steam? I like to heat up cup noodles and then open the flap into my face.

I just open the Valve.

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023

Deakul posted:

I get upset about video games and then steam starts blowing out of my ears

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Deakul posted:

I produce steam from my ears when I get mad about video games.

e: gently caress

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
Zeboyd news: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/zeboyd/zombie-fun-run

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

kazil posted:

Talking about Palworld in regards to steam seems fine. It's cool seeing user numbers and everything.

Talking about specific things about Palworld should probably go in the Palworld thread though.

Speaking of user numbers, it broke 2 million concurrent players earlier today, so more than double of BG3 and past Counter-Strike 2.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Probably gonna back this one, I've enjoyed all their other games.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I'm trying to remember the name of a game I played in a Steam demo event probably some years (2? 3?) ago and recently for no reason I can identify began vaguely wondering if anything further has happened with it. I think it was in the same event that Terra Nil was in.

At least going from what I remember of the demo it was a logistics game set on a different planet that mostly revolved around building resource gathering things at locations far from a central hub and then building road and vehicle networks to transport, process, and utilize the resources at the hub. The main thrust seemed to be increasing efficiency so you didn't have something like too many raw resources sitting around doing nothing or too many vehicles on a long road creating a bottleneck at loading/offloading. The demo ended and/or limited you pretty early so there wasn't much to do beyond that but it did appear there would eventually be weather/temperature effects, either because of your activities or you directly influenced the changes - probably to create other resources? Again, demo didn't get that far. Anyone remember that?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Looks like Palworld's playerbase is notably larger in Asia (doing 60+% bigger numbers when it's evening there)

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Kibayasu posted:

I'm trying to remember the name of a game I played in a Steam demo event probably some years (2? 3?) ago and recently for no reason I can identify began vaguely wondering if anything further has happened with it. I think it was in the same event that Terra Nil was in.

At least going from what I remember of the demo it was a logistics game set on a different planet that mostly revolved around building resource gathering things at locations far from a central hub and then building road and vehicle networks to transport, process, and utilize the resources at the hub. The main thrust seemed to be increasing efficiency so you didn't have something like too many raw resources sitting around doing nothing or too many vehicles on a long road creating a bottleneck at loading/offloading. The demo ended and/or limited you pretty early so there wasn't much to do beyond that but it did appear there would eventually be weather/temperature effects, either because of your activities or you directly influenced the changes - probably to create other resources? Again, demo didn't get that far. Anyone remember that?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/690370/Cantata/
Cantata, maybe? Though that's a logistics game aimed at building a military force.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

I can see that game making for some funny social media posts over these shores!

Missed marketing opportunity not to call the game "IRA vs Zombies" imho.

FishMcCool fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jan 24, 2024

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

Kibayasu posted:

This may not be it, but it kind of sounds like Plan B: Terraform, which I own and was pretty fun.

quote:

Terraform a lifeless rock into a lush and habitable world. Build trucks, trains and sprawling factories on an enormous hexagonal planet. Grow its population to millions. Enjoy a dynamic simulation of atmosphere, temperature, water and forests.

Also I'll just mention this game since it's kind of neat and weird. I have been playing Voices of the Void, which is like a SETI sim, where you have an array of radio telescopes and your goal is to find signals in space, record them, and send them off on a drone to get paid. It has a bunch more too it, like survival mechanics, various tasks like computer maintenance, telescope maintenance, a bunch of obscure mechanics you have to figure out on your own. It's really interesting, by a single dev and not on Steam. Also the game is name your own price, so not a big investment.

https://mrdrnose.itch.io/votv

Here's just a video where I find a signal and the radio telescopes align to it, nothing special, just to show what it looks like and what your base looks like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqcmAbt8gnI

Rusty fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jan 24, 2024

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Chas McGill posted:

Can't stop playing Tiny Rogues. I bounced off other bullet hell roguelikes like Monolith but this just does it for me. Maybe I just like a fantasy setting better.

I keep coming back to this one, and there was a huge update recently that really freshened the game up after doing everything pre-update. Feels almost like an entirely new game.

It's a great game, and despite being a fairly simple game it manages to have enough going on to stay interesting.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Commander Keene posted:

Steam Thread: PYF E.Y.E. Achevements

Mzbundifund posted:

I played EYE and I didn’t understand most of it so instead I made it my objective to get the stat requirements needed to equip the biggest revolver in the shop. I succeeded and it was absolutely worth it. It destroyed a helicopter in 3 shots and one of those shots might have missed

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Kanfy posted:

Speaking of user numbers, it broke 2 million concurrent players earlier today, so more than double of BG3 and past Counter-Strike 2.

I guess this "open world" fad isnt gonna end any time soon, is it?

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Is it a fad if its been extremely popular for 20 years?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Rusty posted:

This may not be it, but it kind of sounds like Plan B: Terraform, which I own and was pretty fun.

That is it! Thank you. I see its early access but with an update today of all days so that's good to see.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Prepare for everyone and their uncle trying to imitate Palworld's success.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Friendzone

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Hwurmp posted:

Friendzone

Is that the escape-the-room variant?

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
Step one: create Ark/Valheim
Step two: add pokemon
Step three: eternal profit

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Kennel posted:

:hmmyes: Palworld Survivors

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Kennel posted:

They’re gonna turn it into a battle royale/extraction shooter

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Tiny Timbs posted:

They’re gonna turn it into a battle royale/extraction shooter

Pal Unknown's Worldgrounds

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Kanfy posted:

That's a lot of fuckin' players. Pretty amazing for what I assumed was a dumbass cheap asset-flip-ish joke game. I guess the takeaway is to never underestimate the power of viral sales? Vampire Survivors etc.

-----

Different topic: are there any good Mech games as of late? My system cannot possibly handle Armoured Core 6 which is what I crave (I own a Geforce 960), but like there has to be other big stompy robot games out there? Doesn't even have to be first person, third-person squads are fine by me too. Basically if IntoTheBreach had FrontMission style customization I'd be in heaven. Just without the jrpg grind, please.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Serephina posted:

Different topic: are there any good Mech games as of late? My system cannot possibly handle Armoured Core 6 which is what I crave (I own a Geforce 960), but like there has to be other big stompy robot games out there? Doesn't even have to be first person, third-person squads are fine by me too. Basically if IntoTheBreach had FrontMission style customization I'd be in heaven. Just without the jrpg grind, please.

Mech games? Those don't exist anymore.

Uhh...Front Mission 1st Remake and Mech Engineer (Early Access) are the only ones I can think of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
Upgrade your GPU and play armored core, post haste