Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

You and me both, buddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Waffle House posted:

MY OPPONENTS TREMBLE AT THE WORD MAGA. IT'S SOMETHING THEY'LL NEVER UNDERSTAND, SOMETHING THEY'RE AFRAID OF. THEY JUST DON'T "GET IT!" NIKKI HALEY HAS NO VOTES, NO VOTES, I AM THE BIGGEST WINNER! SHE IS A LOSER!
my name is magamandias, trump of trumps. look upon my work, ye birdbrains, and despair

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Silly Burrito posted:

Knock on SNL all you want but I do enjoy Weekend Update still. But I am glad to see Jon back at the Daily Show, if just for one day a week.

SNL Weekend Update literally has one joke right now (make Colin say racist stuff)

ProperCauldron posted:

this fcuking loser

and the best reply

Why do you care about what Hillary is tweeting in the Year of Our Lord 2024

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
Chasing down former Trump supporters in a future utopia with MAGAnets made out of water to deprogram them from the cult

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

jokes posted:

college makes you not vote trump? time to ban college

Aka the Florida Plan

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

what’s the screenshot in the reply from idgi

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Stoatbringer posted:

"Donald Trump as an anime protagonist, standing in front of a crowd of screaming lunatics wearing red caps."

New Phoenix Wright lookin' pretty poo poo.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
The winner.

EDIT: On second thought, I think the reply is implying Killers of the Flower Moon also got snubbed? I dunno...

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5537002/videogallery/

Pot Smoke Phoenix fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jan 24, 2024

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Chasing down former Trump supporters in a future utopia with MAGAnets made out of water to deprogram them from the cult
MAGAnets, how do they work?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

This is the guy who plays up his military service when he was mostly just taking piss tests?

e: yup, that's him

He specifically administered the piss tests that are given to soldiers that have cheated on previous tests using other people’s urine and the rubber penis in the pants trick so for a lot of Poso’s piss tests he had to personally hold the guys penis while he urinated to ensure that the test was valid.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Is Killers Of The Flower Moon good? I was thinking of watching it last weekend but then saw the running time, it's like three and a half hours. For that amount of commitment I expect dragons, boobs and exploding robots.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Jelly posted:

MAGAnets, how do they work?

:lol:

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Party of small government

https://twitter.com/JoeMyGod/status/1749951076785135964?s=20

She runs social media for Texas Republican group, Defend Texas Liberty.

Also Dusty Deevers

https://twitter.com/tylertalley22/status/1748079496161284230?s=20

So he wants to make it illegal for Mike Pence to look at a horse?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1750215760243253315

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Yes, get those knives out for TROMP

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Stoatbringer posted:

Is Killers Of The Flower Moon good? I was thinking of watching it last weekend but then saw the running time, it's like three and a half hours. For that amount of commitment I expect dragons, boobs and exploding robots.

It might be Scorsese's best film and that's really saying something.

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Hear me out on this.

Late Night with Donald Trump!

Thank you for listening.

I mean, if he'd never become a fash wannabe dictator, this would kind of kick rear end. Just an angry old man, ranting about every petty slight he'd ever received from the rich and famous. now that's late night TV.

(I assume this is the same timeline where newt gingrich is a beloved science and conservation educator.)

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.

bird with big dick posted:

He specifically administered the piss tests that are given to soldiers that have cheated on previous tests using other people’s urine and the rubber penis in the pants trick so for a lot of Poso’s piss tests he had to personally hold the guys penis while he urinated to ensure that the test was valid.

What if it was a girl soldier?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Stoatbringer posted:

I rewatched it yesterday. It’s slightly too long but it really is a fantastic film, easily Marty’s best work in years. Every actor is bringing it to the nth degree.

It coming of the heels of The Irishman is astounding, it’s like night and day.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Gonna write in “Joe Biden Hardware Storecat” so a judge has to puzzle out my intentions when my battleground state goes to a recount.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

funeral home DJ posted:

Honestly, I don’t know how it’s possible to square the circle that is being a Republican and not being pro-Trump, he’s the goddamned dictator of the party’s ideals and has all but received the party’s nomination within two smaller state primaries.

Saying you’re Republican but anti-Trump is like wearing Klan robes and the pointy hat, but saying that you find the racism part of the movement disgusting.

One's I've dealt with were on board in 2016 but were tired of his poo poo by 2020, and real tired of his poo poo now. I wouldn't say they're overtly 'anti-Trump' but they'd wish the guy would go away so they could go back to screwing the poors on the quiet and exploiting poor and immigrant labor. Their main complaints with him are he's destroying the party and is an embarrassment.

There's a lot of older guard well-educated Republicans who are well off that understood what the game was: pull idiot racists and evangelicals into the fold because they're easy to trick into voting for poo poo that's bad for them. They have a laundry list of Reagan era rationalizations about why bending the system to serve only their interests is actually good for everyone, and they're mad that the idiots they exploited took their party over and are blowing up the grift.

The middle-aged college Republicans I know are mostly that way out of tribal identification with their family/religion, and the ones I know peeled off at a shockingly high rate over the last decade, which matches up with young college educated polling that shows a collapse in support. Fresh college hires we get are near 100% anti-Trump.

This is all anecdotal obviously, but the "smarts" aren't on board, for mostly lovely reasons. Trump is the party dictator for now, but they're hoping he goes away, and at least say they're not gonna vote for him.

Again I don't know the trends in STEM jobs, these are all business guys (accounting, HR, finance, MBAs etc.) which tend to be less siloed in the people they have to interact with. Maybe some STEM guys can chime in.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
What a sad, pathetic man.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I like this. MORE!!!!

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Outpost22 posted:

How would they have gotten away with the rubber penis trick in the first place?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Catastrophe posted:

yeah, he wanted(and needs) a blow out and the fact that she didnt bend the knee like ron didnt pisses him off. He knows if he loses the primary or the general he is hosed.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

"Wait, is this okay? We can just poo poo-talk the guy?"

"Yes, everyone loves doing it? It's a national pastime?"

"WELL THEN"

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

seeing turmp be treated so unfairly by the baised fake news media is just making me want to vote for him even more

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

redshirt posted:

I like this. MORE!!!!

That Walling guy is a former Biden campaign surrogate, this is a Dem bashing Trump, not another Republican :sad:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Outpost22 posted:

Then a woman observes instead of a man.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Junk posted:

seeing turmp be treated so unfairly by the baised fake news media is just making me want to vote for him even more

know whats wild? fox news launched in 1996 lol

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

holy poo poo, randy hardware storecat is real

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
Every time someone links a Fox News clip I know what I am going to see but it still shocks me how nakedly partisan they are and how much of it is just propaganda. Like I know it's coming and I still can't believe how bad these people debase themselves.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman
I'm doing my best to not summon Jastiger by posting this local :wtf::lol::wtf:, but here's the purveyor of the local restaurants "Splash" (high-end seafood in, LOL, Iowa) and the "Jethro's" chain just spewing long, hard "facts" to a Young Turks reporter during the caucuses/shitstorm that was last week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0vJp6y5Wpo

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Catastrophe posted:

This is beautiful because there’s so many angles to piss him off. Signs that he doesn’t have 100% party support? Getting propped up by democrats and independents? Daring to deny him his rightful chance at redemption? Mega donors throwing money at her because they personally hate him? Staying in the race to take the nomination when he goes to jail? Take your pick - they all piss him off!

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

vaginite posted:

Again I don't know the trends in STEM jobs, these are all business guys (accounting, HR, finance, MBAs etc.) which tend to be less siloed in the people they have to interact with. Maybe some STEM guys can chime in.

From what I have seen, while most stem workplaces will have “the trump guy”, it is a very small percentage of us. To be a laboratory chemist, you gotta have a good amount of schooling in exactly the areas that tend to make people less trumpy and maga-y. People will still get through, but not with the numbers in other fields

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

armchairyoda posted:

I'm doing my best to not summon Jastiger by posting this local :wtf::lol::wtf:, but here's the purveyor of the local restaurants "Splash" (high-end seafood in, LOL, Iowa) and the "Jethro's" chain just spewing long, hard "facts" to a Young Turks reporter during the caucuses/shitstorm that was last week:

I like how every “hard fact” he brings up is entirely based on supposition and absolutely nothing

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Catastrophe posted:

It's funny how far gone the republican party is as a whole that Trump still wins by 11 points even in one of the most moderate states in the country. Like it really is the Trump party the GOP has fully eaten itself. This guy tried and failed to coup the country and has said he will end democracy and wants to be a dictator on day one. There are no good Republicans.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

rotinaj posted:

From what I have seen, while most stem workplaces will have “the trump guy”, it is a very small percentage of us. To be a laboratory chemist, you gotta have a good amount of schooling in exactly the areas that tend to make people less trumpy and maga-y. People will still get through, but not with the numbers in other fields

Yeah same in business stuff, every office has the MAGA guy everyone hates/ignores. Any tech guys? I've been under the assumption tech places are more MAGA but I realized typing it out that it was maybe a faulty assumption based on twitter-brain, those guys are always the loudest so are probably overrepresented in my head.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

We had one MAGA office guy but he didn’t even make it two years before fleeing from his own mistakes and we just found out he is now at his 2nd new job since leaving us last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

armchairyoda posted:

Y'all remember Swine Flu?!