Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
My Shortlist for Packers DC (Not In Order):

Jim Leonard
Jesse Minter
Wink Martindale
Ejiro Evero
Mike Vrabel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Minter is going to join Harbaugh.
Leonard isn't moving from college for anything but a HC job.
Vrable won't take a demotion.

Wink is obviously available, not sure about Evero. That may depend on what happens with the Panthers HC position.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

The Puppy Bowl posted:

not sure about Evero.
Jaguars had requested to interview him but the Panthers blocked it. I assume they are trying to get an offensive minded HC to coach up Bryce and want to keep Evero since he is considered really good.

Which has me thinking the Panthers and the Commanders are waiting on Ben Johnson then one of them will take Slowik as the consolation prize.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
If I'm Johnson that's no choice at all. Honestly, if I'm Slowik I might hitch my wagon to Stroud for another season over taking Head Coach of the Panthers.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

The Puppy Bowl posted:

If I'm Johnson that's no choice at all. Honestly, if I'm Slowik I might hitch my wagon to Stroud for another season over taking Head Coach of the Panthers.
Same to both. Its working out well for Johnson (he is still getting opportunities this year after turning down opportunities last year) and Stroud is only going to get better.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Leonhard doesn’t even have a coordinator position in college at the moment. I think he would be more open to it now.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I would not want Slowick or Johnson in Carolina. I feel like Tepper would ruin their minds.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://x.com/RapSheet/status/1750221849970008159?s=20

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Jaguars had requested to interview him but the Panthers blocked it. I assume they are trying to get an offensive minded HC to coach up Bryce and want to keep Evero since he is considered really good.

Which has me thinking the Panthers and the Commanders are waiting on Ben Johnson then one of them will take Slowik as the consolation prize.

I think the Panthers consolation prize will be Evero, and honestly I'd be fine if they just announced him now.

Canales would be underwhelming at this point in his career, and Raheem Morris would be a bland hire at best.

Edna Mode
Sep 24, 2005

Bullshit, that's last year's Fall collection!

As far as I know the Seahawks still have a second interview with Evero on Saturday.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

https://x.com/Schultz_Report/status/1750222393019142384?s=20

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
For fucks sake someone just give Jim a dairy farm along with gm powers already and get this done

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
I really hope that whoever the Panthers hire isn't chosen to keep Bryce afloat. I'm afraid Dave is going to try to do everything he can to prop Bryce up to prove he wasn't wrong to draft him. We have to be honest about what we've got or Bryce will become an anchor around our necks.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

That's basically telling LA "We're close enough that I'll give you a bit of time to finalize the deal but I'm not so locked in that I won't go back out there if you gently caress around," right?

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

zimbomonkey posted:

I really hope that whoever the Panthers hire isn't chosen to keep Bryce afloat. I'm afraid Dave is going to try to do everything he can to prop Bryce up to prove he wasn't wrong to draft him. We have to be honest about what we've got or Bryce will become an anchor around our necks.

Panther fans have a good amount of leverage of just not showing up.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

zimbomonkey posted:

At least you guys are serious contenders for the Puppy Bowl this year. That's not nothing!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

zimbomonkey posted:

the fact we're talking about it like this means he's already an anchor.

There are two people in the world that think Bryce can be salvaged, and one of them posts in this forum.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
They are going to try and salvage Young you would be an absolute moron to not .

There is zero downside to trying

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The downside is wasting the entire team's time.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Next year is going to be a waste of time no matter what I hate to break this to you

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

fsif posted:

The downside is wasting the entire team's time.

I mean, starting Andy Dalton or whatever is also a waste of time because nobody actually thinks they’re going to win anything with Dalton right? Or some random late round pick they take a flyer on? Next year is about the new coach and GM evaluating the roster, who they throw out at QB hardly matters.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Next year they'll have their own draft pick at least, better to see if Bryce may have a chance with better coaching than tread water with a journeyman, especially when the roster isn't quite there to compete anyway.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I mean, starting Andy Dalton or whatever is also a waste of time because nobody actually thinks they’re going to win anything with Dalton right? Or some random late round pick they take a flyer on? Next year is about the new coach and GM evaluating the roster, who they throw out at QB hardly matters.

Did you see the New York Jets the last couple of seasons? It's hard to evaluate anyone on offense if the quarterback can't reliably provide even QB2-level play. It was a thoroughly demoralizing experience for every player, coach, and fan involved.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I don't think Bryce is irredeemable and there's a chance there's something there.

I also don't think that chance is worth passing up whatever you can get in the draft when you can choose whoever you want because of the season you've had.

e: poo poo forgot they don't own that pick

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

https://x.com/TomSilverstein/status/1750235372745818116?s=20

Any effort to make our team's injury report as short as possible is a win.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

fsif posted:

Did you see the New York Jets the last couple of seasons? It's hard to evaluate anyone on offense if the quarterback can't reliably provide even QB2-level play. It was a thoroughly demoralizing experience for every player, coach, and fan involved.

The jets have some great offense players despite Wilson being rear end so no?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

CharlestheHammer posted:

The jets have some great offense players despite Wilson being rear end so no?

Ask Jets fans how the last year felt. Or their actual good offensive players who spent the back half of the year fighting back tears in their press conferences.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

fsif posted:

Ask Jets fans how the last year felt. Or their actual good offensive players who spent the back half of the year fighting back tears in their press conferences.

Yes and look how much better they felt when they trotted out Trevor or that other dude I forget

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yes and look how much better they felt when they trotted out Trevor or that other dude I forget

We didn't feel better at all what the gently caress are you talking about

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

To marry these two discussions together I'd like to point out the Panthers dropped 30 on Joe Barry's defense then didn't score a point for the remaining two games.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

fsif posted:

Jets fans and players were miserable when they were starting Joe Flacco as well, so maybe the problem is the Jets coaching staff are clowns who have no idea what they’re doing on offense?

Panthers fans were miserable with Teddy. They were miserable with Baker. Their problems aren’t “not having QB2 level play,” and bringing in a journeyman isn’t going to fix them.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Giving Bryce another shot is one thing, but they better have a Plan B ready if he still looks like poo poo after 3-4 games. Otherwise it will get bad fast.

Like if it's apparent after a few games that he's made no progress in the offseason, they can't just punt the rest of the year.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Kalli posted:

To marry these two discussions together I'd like to point out the Panthers dropped 30 on Joe Barry's defense then didn't score a point for the remaining two games.

No shame in playing the long game

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Kalli posted:

Mein gott…

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Professor Funk posted:

We didn't feel better at all what the gently caress are you talking about

I was being sarcastic my entire point is a journeyman QB did not help whatsoever

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I mean they can like draft a QB day 3, but their offense is the corpse of Adam Thielen and DJ Chark. They have as many offensive needs as the Patriots do. They need warm bodies.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

CharlestheHammer posted:

I was being sarcastic my entire point is a journeyman QB did not help whatsoever

If they'd brought in a replacement level backup qb perhaps!

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Good news Panthers fans, handsome Jimmy will be available in a few months and he's all rested up!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It's really funny to look at. Panthers point totals from November on:

0, 0, 30, 9, 6, 18, 10, 10, 13, 13

Which one of these is not like the others, which one of these is not the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Kalli posted:

It's really funny to look at. Panthers point totals from November on:

0, 0, 30, 9, 6, 18, 10, 10, 13, 13

Which one of these is not like the others, which one of these is not the same.

Bryce Young got Joe Barry fired and for that I salute him