Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

I mean we already know what they're going to say now. Any legitimate court that looks at evidence of an ongoing genocide isn't going to announce their findings to come in few days, giving the genociders couple few more days to keep genociding unimpeded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
I agree that the US will probably never let Israel be convicted of genocide (and by extension get itself convicted for being an accessory) but this provisional order for a ceasefire isn't exactly that, plus the Americans would probably prefer it if Israel cuts the bullshit at this point instead of dragging them into a regional war, so.... maybe they'll let it slide? I'm not entirely pessimistic but we'll see.

Israel will absolutely disobey the court, obviously, but still.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

genericnick posted:

Lol Austria.

wild that the us is aligned with the former axis powers on this........just curious is all

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Sancho Banana posted:

I agree that the US will probably never let Israel be convicted of genocide (and by extension get itself convicted for being an accessory) but this provisional order for a ceasefire isn't exactly that, plus the Americans would probably prefer it if Israel cuts the bullshit at this point instead of dragging them into a regional war, so.... maybe they'll let it slide? I'm not entirely pessimistic but we'll see.

lol this post is adorable

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

lol this post is adorable

Let me cope

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Frosted Flake posted:

Wasn't the settler community "traumatized" when the IDF dismantled their settlements in Gaza around 2000?

It seems possible that a faction friendly to them in government might actually want to give settlers in the West Bank enough weapons to prevent the IDF from evicting them without kicking off a civil war?

The ACW was preceded by southern politicians within the US government diverting huge amounts of weapons to southern arsenals, ordering federal guards be replaced with (obviously secessionist) local militias. These shipments comprised almost the entirety of the Confederate arsenal during the war. Beyond allowing the CSA to raise and equip an army which would have been impossible otherwise, the diverted US stocks included the cannons, powder, explosives and other heavy ordnance the southern states would not have been able to produce themselves. Cannon shipped "by accident" to Charleston, South Carolina, which everybody knew as early as the 1830's was a hotbed of radicalism and treason, were used to shell Fort Sumpter and kick the whole thing off.

I think it was 2005 when Ariel Sharon was trying to disengage from Gaza, they dismantled 21 or settlements. Reading interviews from settler leaders that definitely seems to have been a radicalization moment for the whole 'movement' and when they shifted from being hostile to Israeli media and society to building their own media apparatus and pushing militarization and genocide rhetoric hard.

It's disgusting, but it worked.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Huh, didn't know the White House had one of those old-timey thermometers.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

evilmiera posted:

Huh, didn't know the White House had one of those old-timey thermometers.

that meter actually shows him how full of cum the jar is that day

RedSky
Oct 30, 2023

genericnick posted:

Lol Austria.

Stupid loving ireland.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
"whoa, looks like I'm gonna need my galoshes!!"

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

that meter actually shows him how full of cum the jar is that day

They're called Garrisometers

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

RedSky posted:

Stupid loving ireland.

Ireland is basically a wholly-owned subsidiary of Apple Computers, so I'm not surprised that they're not chomping at the bit to accuse Israel of genocide.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

AnimeIsTrash posted:

did people actually think the icj ruling would result in anything? lol

its good that countries are taking a stand against israel in western backed courts though

at the very least its going to make it very awkward for “serious” people on TV having to articulate their position in the face of the icj judgement

rkd_
Aug 25, 2022

quote:

In the initial ruling, the ICJ will not deal with the main question of whether Israel is committing genocide. The court will just look at possible emergency measures, meant as a kind of restraining order while the court looks at the full case, which usually takes years.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/initial-ruling-on-gaza-genocide-trial-at-hague-reportedly-expected-friday/

Another reason to temper your expectations.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

nothing is going to be done and israel will be entirely exonerated by the ghouls that run this poo poo

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

VoicesCanBe posted:

The situation in Iraq is heading in that direction

good

Blaisedell
May 7, 2008

genericnick posted:

Lol Austria.

There are more Nazis in Vienna now / than in thirty-eight

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Orange Devil posted:

I see we are approaching BOAT STUCK levels.

lol you can see BOAT STUCK on the chart, march 2021. north->south already below that daily level and in terms of total ships prevented from crossing we're way past what the honored EVER GIVEN managed.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Al! posted:

what would even be the point lmao

making sure a future government can't evict the settlers

hamas ftw
Nov 25, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

NeonPunk posted:

I mean we already know what they're going to say now. Any legitimate court that looks at evidence of an ongoing genocide isn't going to announce their findings to come in few days, giving the genociders couple few more days to keep genociding unimpeded

don't worry, america will simply force the icj to say this isn't a genocide. problem solved! ignore the mountain of skulls nothing to see here

Smug Mug
Jul 21, 2011

Sancho Banana posted:

the us is not all-powerful and has lost a tremendous amount of credibility by its actions in the last 3 decades especially. how would we stop the icj from ruling against israel even?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

WoodrowSkillson posted:

nothing is going to be done and israel will be entirely exonerated by the ghouls that run this poo poo

shut up

Puppy Burner
Sep 9, 2011

Smug Mug posted:

the us is not all-powerful and has lost a tremendous amount of credibility by its actions in the last 3 decades especially. how would we stop the icj from ruling against israel even?

Half the court is American client states and the psychotic nazis that run this poo poo will sanction and/or bomb over it.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

WoodrowSkillson posted:

nothing is going to be done

hamas ftw
Nov 25, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Smug Mug posted:

heart attack gun m-m-multikill

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

if the court rules for israel it loses whatever legitimacy it had left which isnt much if it rules against israel great they wont respect it at all but at least they become even more of a pariah state and take the us with them

Smug Mug
Jul 21, 2011

nyt today:

Stripped, Beaten or Vanished: Israel’s Treatment of Gaza Detainees Raises Alarm
A U.N. office said Israel’s detention and treatment of detainees might amount to torture. It estimated thousands had been detained and held in “horrific” conditions. Some were freed wearing only diapers.

Soldiers standing by a flatbed truck, its back full of shirtless, blindfolded detainees.
Palestinian men and at least one woman detained in the Gaza Strip on Dec. 8. The Israeli military reviewed this image as part of the conditions of the photographer’s embed.Credit...Yossi Zeliger/Reuters
Raja Abdulrahim
By Raja Abdulrahim
Jan. 23, 2024

Cold, almost naked and surrounded by Israeli soldiers with M16 assault rifles, Ayman Lubbad knelt among dozens of Palestinian men and boys who had just been forced from their homes in northern Gaza.

It was early December and photographs and videos taken at the time showed him and other detainees in the street, wearing only underwear and lined up in rows, surrounded by Israeli forces. In one video, a soldier yelled at them over a megaphone: “We’re occupying all of Gaza. Is that what you wanted? You want Hamas with you? Don’t tell me you’re not Hamas.”

The detainees, some barefoot with their hands on their heads, shouted objections. “I’m a day laborer,” one man shouted.

“Shut up,” the soldier yelled back.

Palestinian detainees from Gaza have been stripped, beaten, interrogated and held incommunicado over the past three months, according to accounts by nearly a dozen of the detainees or their relatives interviewed by The New York Times. Organizations representing Palestinian prisoners and detainees gave similar accounts in a report, accusing Israel of both indiscriminate detention of civilians and demeaning treatment of detainees

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

this really is our suez crisis moment. right down crawling over to a greater power for help

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Smug Mug posted:

“Shut up,” the soldier yelled back.

One of the great comebacks folks

hamas ftw
Nov 25, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Blarghalt posted:

this really is our suez crisis moment. right down crawling over to a greater power for help

inshallah

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
https://x.com/RamAbdu/status/1750202946384441658?s=20

hamas ftw
Nov 25, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

no

its pretty easy to imagine

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

just outside the window is the sickos hamas/ansarallah photoshop

efb

guidoanselmi has issued a correction as of 21:42 on Jan 24, 2024

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

8[

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Imagine blowing up a house in honor of some morons who got blown up while trying to blow up a house and then you see someone pop out of an alleyway with an RPG

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
i direct everyone who felt sorry for Major Blanket yesterday to look at the poo poo eating grins on the faces of the nazis blowing up houses

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

i direct everyone who felt sorry for Major Blanket yesterday to look at the poo poo eating grins on the faces of the nazis blowing up houses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

RedSky posted:

Stupid loving ireland.

Mentioned before but the country is basically being held hostage by two parties that are only ruling because the party that got all the votes didn't realize it would get so many votes