Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Save us from Trump, Jon! You're the only one who can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

:awesome:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

finally someone willing to speak truth to pwoer

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

This is going to break the record for most watched show no one you know watched. Eat your heart out Yellowstone.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

This is misinformation! Once again, I am begging you to consider where you are getting your information from!

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

How much?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Nonsense posted:

This is misinformation! Once again, I am begging you to consider where you are getting your information from!

It’s just simple math, because military depending is social service spending

778B+55B=832B. That’s way more than $700B

Promises made. Promises loving smashed

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

This is AI, right?

Right?!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
if Trump wins, Jon can stage a giant rally at the Capitol to restore sanity by demanding that Kamala refuse to certify the election results

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Nonsense posted:

no truth! only Biden bad!

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Somehow simultaneously setting to both succ and blow

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I’m really trying not to doom scroll or dwell on the possibility of another trump administration. Emphasis on “trying.”

I truly believe the Trump/MAGA brand has become a modern day cult. Almost like a larger/modern version of Branch Davidians but mainstream. It’s objectively unacceptable to believe ANY person, in any position, can do no wrong or that their wrong is justified because what about-ism. I just don’t get it.

How does one claim to be a true patriot while disregarding our basic principles of democracy?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

:pathetic:

https://x.com/HuffPostPol/status/1750242619236483526?s=20

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Dorkus Mayorkus

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Just learned that the post office next to me has been shut down and sold off to developers. Caught me completely by surprise. Around 2019 they had floated closing some around here, but at the time there was a bit of public pressure because some state reps and members of the city council raised a stink over it. This time it somehow managed to fly completely under the radar. Funny how these things work.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Mr Hootington posted:

There is a subset of the left-wing people I follow online who are all-in on "genocide Joe Biden" and are stating they will never vote for him, and will vote for anyone who runs against him. And these are people who were ful

I try to make allowances for them because these people are either Palestinian or closely connected, so they are living through a moment of great trauma and I appreciate that it's hard to make rational decisions when the not-Trump choice is actively arming Israel and so, to them, is an active participant rather than just (like every US President) a rubbish politician who is failing to stop someone else committing one. I get it, I understand, and I hope they get back to remembering that Trump would be, AT MINIMUM, exactly as bad, but also 99% for sure much, much worse.

Outside that subset, there is a large number of accelerations trolls and tankies trying to exploit the suffering of Palestinians in order to scupper US democracy because America Bad. These I have no time for. In between are a bunch of basically decent people caught between the emotional distress of those in pain, and the malicious intent of those trying to disrupt, getting caught up in the "well they are both basically the same, therefore why *shouldn't* I vote against the one currently supporting Israel?" and not seeing that if Trump was President right now he'd be declaring all the pro-Palestinian protestors enemy combatants and terrorist supporters and clearing the marches with tear gas and rubber bullets. You'd likely see some kneejerk law making the Palestinian flag a banned image or something. People really did seem to forget or ignore 4 year of slide towards fascism, and the attempt to overthrow democracy, all because someone else who is objectively less bad is currently not doing the right thing.

Yeah, politics sucks, people suck, and no it isn't right that you have to hold your nose and go for the least worst choice on offer, but when the options are vote for someone you dislike or potentially never vote again...

There is a subset of the left-wing people I follow online who are all-in on "genocide Hitler" and are stating they will never vote for him, and will vote for anyone who runs against him.

I try to make allowances for them because these people are either Jews or closely connected, so they are living through a moment of great trauma and I appreciate that it's hard to make rational decisions...

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

“He heard the call, and he stood up and he showed up,” United Auto Workers President Shawn Fain said, prompting chants of “Joe!," after announcing the union's endorsement of President Biden.

“This choice is clear. Joe Biden bet on the American worker while Donald Trump blamed the American worker. We need to know who’s gonna sit in the most powerful seat in the world, and help us win as a united working class. So if our endorsement must be earned, Joe Biden has earned it.”

Iverron
May 13, 2012

big rear end head

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

you will love Biden damnit!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Stewart has always been a friend of Bill Maher and rumors is he's taking the Daily show that direction

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

I don't make allowances for old men!

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Nonsense posted:

Stewart has always been a friend of Bill Maher and rumors is he's taking the Daily show that direction

eagerly awaiting the TAFS intro after jon stewart says the n word on air

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
He's coming back to host a once a week show up until the election.

So again.

How much, and is the DNC funding it

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

eagerly awaiting the TAFS intro after jon stewart says the n word on air

This happened back in the summer of 2011, when Stewart was roundly pillorying the 2012 presidential hopefuls, including one Herman Cain. He made fun of Cain by doing a “voice.” At the time Cenac was on a field assignment, and watched the bit from home. “I don’t think this is from a malicious place, but I think this is from a naïve, ignorant place,” he remembered thinking. “Oh no, you just did this and you didn’t think about it. It was just the voice that came into your head. And so it bugged me.” Stewart had been getting flak from Fox News for the voice, and he wanted to do something to respond — an Avenue Q–style “Everything I do is racist” segment. (They did change the frame to one making fun of Stewart.)

Cenac, who was the only black writer there at the time, voiced his concerns during the writer’s meeting. “I’ve got to be honest, and I just spoke from my place,” said Cenac. “I wasn’t here when it all happened. I was in a hotel. And I cringed a little bit. It bothered me.” He wanted them to drop the bit and said that it reminded him of Kingfish, a character Tim Moore played on Amos ‘n’ Andy. He remembers:

[Stewart] got incredibly defensive. I remember he was like, What are you trying to say? There’s a tone in your voice. I was like, “There’s no tone. It bothered me. It sounded like Kingfish.” And then he got upset. And he stood up and he was just like, “gently caress off. I’m done with you.” And he just started screaming that to me. And he screamed it a few times. “gently caress off! I’m done with you.” And he stormed out. And I didn’t know if I had been fired.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

lol that I haven't been paying attention enough to this Alwayswrong that i didn't realize she was doing Uber Driver Sucked Me Off style youtube thumbnails

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

this is pretty pathetic but expected

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

biden interrupted again

https://twitter.com/katierogers/status/1750241971514273898

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Jon Stewart on the other hand, who I worked for on The Daily Show, is in my opinion, very manipulative. He’s more of a crowd pleaser and gives the illusion of taking chances. But he’s an impressionist and he’s trying to, uh…Well, I don’t want to talk about Jon Stewart because I could, you know, it’s like going after Christ. And this is a guy who—I’m a staunch member of the Writer’s Guild of America and Jon Stewart fought his writers when they wanted to go union. They went union and [he] has been punishing them ever since, so the reason, you know, if you watch the Jon Stewart show, he doesn’t really do well-crafted jokes. He’ll throw a couple in, but it’s mostly mugging and shouting. He’s funny, but he’s punishing his writers. He doesn’t use his writers’ stuff because he’s mad at them for going union. And when I was there, I came in there right after they signed with the Writer’s Guild and many of his writers wanted to work with me because they had never gotten their stuff on the show. So he’s turned them all into sinecures, you know, people who have titles and Emmy’s and they work all day, then he doesn’t uses their stuff.

And my experience with Jon Stewart is that’s exactly what he has done to his writers. He’s, you know, a very anti-union guy. He gives the illusion of being a liberal. But then if you look at that big rally he held in Washington, DC, in 2010; boy did he miss the boat on Occupy Wall Street, didn’t he? You know, a year later, what was the real message that America needed to hear? That message was about the wealthy 1% and the stranglehold they have on our lives. Instead, Jon Stewart held this big rally a year before in Washington, DC telling his followers to calm down. That’s who he is, you know? And he’s…so he’s a bad guy, John Stewart.

You won’t hear that because his going union was very difficult for the Writer’s Guild and unions are weak right now. There is not a single writer who ever worked for Jon Stewart who will tell you that he’s a good man. Everybody who has ever written for Jon Stewart will tell you that he hates his writers, and he’s abusive, and is anti-union. But nobody has the courage to take on Satan in Christ’s clothes. I’m joking about his being Satan but he is anti-union. And the head of the Writer’s Guild out here told me that during the strike, when Jon was working as a writer, doing shows, and being his own scab, the head of the Writer’s Guild told me in his whole history he had never been talked to as abusively as he was by Jon Stewart. But nobody’s going to go after Jon Stewart. Nobody’s going to tell the truth about what a bad guy Jon Stewart is because for some reason he’s got angel’s wings. You know—he is funny, the show’s great, but he is not a supporter of unions.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

loquacius posted:

https://twitter.com/AdonicaSS/status/1750025403039682994

god these people have a high opinion of themselves

https://x.com/AdonicaSS/status/1750151699761598876?s=20

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

What happens to someone who disrupts a rally like that? Cited for disorderly conduct and you pay a fine? Charged with domestic terrorism and your life is ruined?

hamas ftw
Nov 25, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Trabisnikof posted:

I’m really trying not to doom scroll or dwell on the possibility of another trump administration. Emphasis on “trying.”

I truly believe the Trump/MAGA brand has become a modern day cult. Almost like a larger/modern version of Branch Davidians but mainstream. It’s objectively unacceptable to believe ANY person, in any position, can do no wrong or that their wrong is justified because what about-ism. I just don’t get it.

How does one claim to be a true patriot while disregarding our basic principles of democracy?

lmao

hamas ftw
Nov 25, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

The Pussy Boss posted:

What happens to someone who disrupts a rally like that? Cited for disorderly conduct and you pay a fine? Charged with domestic terrorism and your life is ruined?

abusers always lash out the hardest when they feel control slipping through their fingers

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

VoicesCanBe posted:

Well there's at least one labor leader with something resembling a spine.

In light of the endorsement I completely retract this statement

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

loquacius posted:

https://twitter.com/AdonicaSS/status/1750025403039682994

god these people have a high opinion of themselves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yC7-JsR2Fk

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

loquacius posted:

it's generally accepted that she wouldn't have won even if nominated, people just like to have something to complain about

I've said it before, the only part of American life that people find at all enjoyable is consumption of media, so we really like projecting Very Important Issues onto it so it doesn't feel like we're wasting our finite time on earth on frivolous bullshit

yes that's true but also i very much like cartoons

hamas ftw
Nov 25, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

mawarannahr posted:

Joe Biden doubled poor children

the man knows what he likes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

oh wow very weird!