Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Americans just need to loving admit that they want a king

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

You’ll get President Rock by 2032.

To quote the man himself after Donald Trump was elected. "I used to think that I wasn't the right material to run for president. Now I think I'm overqualified."

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Silly Burrito posted:

Would be an improvement over Trump. However, I think I speak for all of us in saying that The Rock Obama would be the best president.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

WHY BONER NOW posted:

A Burger King, specifically

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

notwithoutmyanus posted:

:rip: TRULMIPP's POLTICAL CINREER

stable diffusion is as accurate at english as Trump is

When I first looked at this I thought the guy on the left was pissing on the headstone.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

WHY BONER NOW posted:

You'd be surprised how many dont want a king. That's why trump lost in 2020.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I hate to be the one to tell you this but that was a joke.

No it wasn't?

Dude even came out and sulked about it.

"“The larger problem with all of this is the inability to discuss things that are within the realm of possibility without falling into absolutes and litmus-testing each other for our political allegiances as it arose from that,” "

He literally said it was a bit about how he really feels.

"“My bigger problem with that was, I thought it was a pretty good bit that expressed kind of how I felt, and the two things that came out of it were, I’m racist against Asian people, and how dare I align myself with the alt-right.”

Dude flat-out believed the racist conspiracy theory and got pissy when he got called on it.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

You ever think about how much of a missed opportunity it was to intentionally typo his name as Turmp

then start comparing him to a turnip?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Give Bernie his scepter.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

ImpAtom posted:

No it wasn't?

"“The larger problem with all of this is the inability to discuss things that are within the realm of possibility without falling into absolutes and litmus-testing each other for our political allegiances as it arose from that,” "

"“My bigger problem with that was, I thought it was a pretty good bit that expressed kind of how I felt, and the two things that came out of it were, I’m racist against Asian people, and how dare I align myself with the alt-right.”

Dude flat-out believed the racist conspiracy theory and got pissy when he got called on it.

well poo poo

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

RocketRaygun posted:

You'd be surprised how many dont want a king. That's why trump lost in 2020.

It is shocking that Trump lost in 2020

He lost to a guy who ran an earnest campaign after a lifetime of politics, where he was well-regarded by basically everyone. That was 2008, when he was in his 60s. 15 years later he ran again against an incumbent Republican and won

Politics/policies themselves mean very little because almost everyone just votes according to their chosen political party and has made up their mind decades before the candidates are announced and yet Trump still managed to lose, lol

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Sir, this is a pokemon training center

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Grey Cat posted:

Just IPv6 already.

Look, I get that it has a laundry list of technical benefits and even became necessary when v4 addresses ran out.

It's just a pain in the rear end to figure out. I also like having NAT internal to my network so outside traffic doesn't know what's going on behind my router without probing or being contacted first.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

WHY BONER NOW posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERYukmba5Vg

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Lol Jon Stewart returning to the daily show which is a great thing and can't wait to see goons bitching about how he's bad actually and always hated him. He really did quit at the worst time.

I hope he has something new to offer other than the Bush era "catch a dumbass Republican contradicting themselves" schtick. That's not going to move the needle in 2024.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

I understand that people in this thread have made excellent nuanced points about why Donald J Trump was the perfect storm in 2016 for Olds and racists to latch onto based on his past, but I just want to re-iterate the main reason they still ALL say why they vote for him: "He thinks like we do, he's just like us, he says what we are all thinking"

They are just extremely racist and hate women and LGBTQ people. That's it. There is no secret code or algorithm of Businessman that they admire and respect, no policy they can point to, no grand agenda. He's just an old rich white racist mysognist pig gently caress just like them, and that's what they want, because they think THEY should be in charge. He's just a 215 pound mirror shooting their morbid reflections back at them. They just hate those groups and want to be able to openly say and do whatever they want.

This country is deeply racist and mysognist, we are loving built on it. Add to that the most narcissist generation of people in human history, combined with a bunch of misanthrope tech bro social darwinist bullshit and prosperity gospel grift for 40 loving years, and no real attempt to ever actually remove these fuckwits from actual power, and you have this: a bunch of extremely racist old and aging idiot men and women, whiteness personified regardless of actual background. No thoughts of others, no thoughts of the future, just tell me it's cool to hate the people I hate.

Like it's actually really simple: they just utterly suck as a group of human beings, and have been allowed to continue sucking for a long time because of white supremacy and mysoginy at the institutional level, because "being racist, homophobic, sexist" Pigs was to many just an unfortunate and sometimes humorous to them fact of their "kooky" relatives, and society didn't call them out and cast them out any near enough, so they got more and more bold till we have this now.

You can't appease a narcissist or compromise with them, because they don't even see that as an option: they win, you lose

Your relatives always sucked, he just let's them feel safe to say it out loud.

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jan 24, 2024

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

TulliusCicero posted:

I understand that people in this thread have made excellent nuanced points about why Dinald J Trump was the perfect storm in 2016 for Olds and racists to latch onto basedon his past, but I just want to re-iterate the main reason they still ALL say why they vote for him: "He thinks like we do, he's just like us, he says what we are all thinking"

They are just extremely racist and hate women and LGBTQ people. That's it. There is no secret code or algorithm of Businessman that they admire and respect, no policy they can point to, not grand agenda. He's just an old rich white racist mysognist pig gently caress just like them, and that's what they want, because they think THEY should be in charge. He's just a 215 pound mirror shooting their morbid reflections back at them. They just hate those groups and want to be able to openly sand do whatever they want.

This country is deeply racist and mysognist, we are loving built on it. Add to that the most narcissist generation of people in human history, combined with a bunch of misanthrope tech bro social darwinist bullshit and prosperity gospel grift for 40 loving years, and no real attempt to ever actually remove these fuckwits from actual power, and you have this: a bunch of extremely racist old and aging idiot men and women, whiteness personified regardless of actual background. No thoughts of others, no thoughts of the future, just tell me it's cool to hate the people I hate.

Like it's actually really simple: they just utterly suck as a group of human beings, and have been allowed to continue sucking for a long time because of white supremacy and mysoginy at the institutional level, because "being racist, homophobic, sexist" Pigs was to many just an unfortunate and sometimes humorous to them fact of their "kooky" relatives, and society didn't call them out and cast them our any near enough, so they got more and more bold till we have this now.

You can't appease a narcissist or compromise with them, because they don't even see that as an option: they win, you lose

Your relatives always sucked, he just let's them feel safe to say it out loud.

actually its because he's stupid first and everything else second, starting with 'fat'-- things they can see in themselves

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
:lol: Fox News was too subtle for the Chuds.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
At this point I’m tempted to call democracy a failed experiment. People like being stepped on and worshipping dumb old men. King Trump is the answer to America’s secret fantasies.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

She ain’t lying

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Good

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

Whom among us...

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:lol:

Sounds great to me

They literally call Democrats demons and pedophiles on a regular basis, come the gently caress on

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Can't believe they would use language like that. Anyway, Let's go brandon if you know what I mean

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

emSparkly posted:

At this point I’m tempted to call democracy a failed experiment. People like being stepped on and worshipping dumb old men. King Trump is the answer to America’s secret fantasies.

Smh not wanting to be stepped on by a tall lady in heels instead.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Fox has horseshoed themselves back into just reporting the factual news.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

From an opposite Doomer perspective (what's the opposite of a Doomer? A Hoper??), there's a decent chance Trump is in jail before the election, and the Republican party is in chaos and tatters. Not only will they lose the Presidency, but such an event will cost them the House and Senate too. And will the RNC be able to recover? Probably, eventually, maybe, hopefully not. But we could (and very well might) put this MAGA poo poo in the ground this election, and anything that remains will be an anchor, dragging the Republicans down.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

ImpAtom posted:

No it wasn't?

Even if it was a joke it was really poorly executed and would have had the opposite effect. Colbert when he did his old schtick you could at least see the subtle (and not subtle) mockery. Stewart just repeated the talking points in his hysterical voice and emboldened conspiracy theorists who believed that

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Silly Burrito posted:

I want to see him cut Attitude Era Rock promos on his opponents at debates

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

redshirt posted:

From an opposite Doomer perspective (what's the opposite of a Doomer? A Hoper??), there's a decent chance Trump is in jail before the election, and the Republican party is in chaos and tatters. Not only will they lose the Presidency, but such an event will cost them the House and Senate too. And will the RNC be able to recover? Probably, eventually, maybe, hopefully not. But we could (and very well might) put this MAGA poo poo in the ground this election, and anything that remains will be an anchor, dragging the Republicans down.

Every second the republican party isn't in the headlines, it gains support. Every second it's in the headlines, it loses support.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Anyone know that bully that terrorizes everyone and then the moment they get pushback or challenged they collapse and let out a hysterical ugly face cry?

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

notwithoutmyanus posted:

:rip: TRULMIPP's POLTICAL CINREER

stable diffusion is as accurate at english as Trump is

Can Trumble bloom on the battleground states

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
You can go watch the Jon Stewart video in the Jon Stewart thread and see for yourself, but spoiler alert, he obviously wasn't joking.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

redshirt posted:

I feel like Chutkan absolutely wants to put his rear end in jail, the problem is that poo poo is unprecedented

Texas is already basically edging an Insurrection, same with Florida, anyone sane in the GOP is dead, retiring or irrelevant.

I have no idea what happens in the Summer when Trump is realistically possibly in jail. Do they declare a new candidate at Convention? Do they just run him anyway? What happens to his flunkies?

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

A bunch of flowers?!?

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Silly Burrito posted:

He's working on it I'm sure...

https://investor.tkogrp.com/news/news-details/2024/TKO-Appoints-Dwayne-Johnson-to-Board-of-Directors/default.aspx

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
How is mconell doing? Still freezing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Jestery posted:

How is mconell doing? Still freezing?

No, he hasn't had any firmware updates during primetime anymore. They do those on the weekend now.