Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.

vaginite posted:

One's I've dealt with were on board in 2016 but were tired of his poo poo by 2020, and real tired of his poo poo now. I wouldn't say they're overtly 'anti-Trump' but they'd wish the guy would go away so they could go back to screwing the poors on the quiet and exploiting poor and immigrant labor. Their main complaints with him are he's destroying the party and is an embarrassment.

The establishment GOP thinks Trump is an embarrassment, Trump thinks his supporters are an embarassment, and the base thinks the establishment GOP is an embarrassment.

In short, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

jokes posted:

whats a young to you lol because jon stewart resonated with millenials for sure and we old af now

I meant TDS had a place in the 2000s in at least getting youngs to pay attention. Current youngs actually vote so not sure what he’s bringing to the table other than warm feelings to old millennials

And yeah youngs don’t have cable so they wouldn’t hear him anyway

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

bird food bathtub posted:

There's a pretty fair argument to make that, even at the time of The Daily Show's height of popularity, pointing out Republican hypocrisy accomplished nothing.

Today? Fascists revel in hypocrisy, the exercise of power that comes from the schoolyard bully saying "Hat? What hat? I don't have your hat. Do you guys see a hat on my head?" is precisely what the base wants. They'll never concede that they're bad people when all someone does is threaten them with a good time and owning the libs.
stewart wanted to be a tv comedy guy and everyone wanted him to be a leader.

he was on tv every night going "lookit what they said!! wakka wakka!"
and millions of people would be lijke "yeah! that sucks! what should we do??"
and stewart would reply "i don't kjnow, wakka wakka!!"

it's not his fault he was looked to as a leader. but, at the same time, with that much power he had he could have been a really effective leader, but he hated the idea so much he's horseshoeing

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.
It's weird that people are skewering Stewart over the lab theory thing. COVID made everyone a little crazy :shrug: It's not like he completely lost it and became Bill Maher or something.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I don’t know what state should be wiped of the map most

Texas, Ohio or Florida

https://twitter.com/SawyerHackett/status/1750262297715474875?s=20

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I made it through Covid without endorsing a single conspiracy theory

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

https://twitter.com/acnewsitics/status/1750287740808380827?s=46

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
"can we just talk about it? we can't even just talk about it? it's forbidden?? we can't just have a conversation??"
"ok, let's have a conversation"
"i just think the flu was made and released on purpose"
"ok, do you have proof?"
"no. but we can just talk about it right?"

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Lol

A dude I worked with had a "death in the family, my cousin who I was super close to" a couple days before Halloween, and they begrudgingly allowed him to have Halloween off.

He then posted a shitload of party pics on Facebook, forgetting that he was friends with 2 supes, including the one that let him off.

Never saw that guy again.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jan 25, 2024

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

WhyteRyce posted:

I meant TDS had a place in the 2000s in at least getting youngs to pay attention. Current youngs actually vote so not sure what he’s bringing to the table other than warm feelings to old millennials

And yeah youngs don’t have cable so they wouldn’t hear him anyway

It didn’t do anything in the 2000s either or Bush wouldn’t have had 2 terms lol. I mean it was a good show but it did not result in societal change. The attention did not manifest as votes. Possibly because the same network was airing “nothing matters both sides suck” via South Park idk

And yeah nobody under like 40 is going to see him on cable tv anyway at this stage

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Texas, Ohio or Florida

https://twitter.com/SawyerHackett/status/1750262297715474875?s=20

Wait, hold up… 26000? In two years? As in, 13000 a year and those are just the rapes ending with pregnancies? I know it’s a hosed up state but that seems to be super high compared to, well, anywhere.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Everyone is allowed one conspiracy theory, but if you choose "lab leak" that's some basic rear end theorizing.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Mokotow posted:

Wait, hold up… 26000? In two years? As in, 13000 a year and those are just the rapes ending with pregnancies? I know it’s a hosed up state but that seems to be super high compared to, well, anywhere.

It's one of the most openly mysognist states in the country, hell probably anywhere

Like outright Mysoginy is actual law in Texas with abortion rights concerned

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

jokes posted:

whats a young to you lol because jon stewart resonated with millenials for sure and we old af now

Most Millennials were in or just out of high school when Jon Stewart was at the top of his game at his most relevant. Zoomers and Alphas sure won't give a poo poo about who he is or why he's coming back.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

nine-gear crow posted:

Most Millennials were in or just out of high school when Jon Stewart was at the top of his game at his most relevant. Zoomers and Alphas sure won't give a poo poo about who he is or why he's coming back.

He's coming back for the same reason they remade Mulan and Jurassic Park and the Matrix: he's a safe bet to drag in an audience that has largely abandoned them.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Particularly not when it's being delivered by the aforementioned anti-vaxxer that they're bringing back to TDS.

I feel I must correct that unless someone presents evidence to the contrary, "presents a theory for comedy that maybe he takes a little too seriously/as fact which he never should have done at all because any humor that it provides is vastly outpaced by it providing justification to the loons that they're right" does not mean 'anti-vaxxer'. Have to be careful with these games of telephone.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I like it that JD and Turk are back on the TV!!!

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Harald posted:

Everyone is allowed one conspiracy theory, but if you choose "lab leak" that's some basic rear end theorizing.

I choose Bigfoot.

Sasquatch is real god damnit.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
maybe Stew can be like Swift and tell people to reg to vote and then pester them to actually vote.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

It's Oklahoma and it isn't close.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

MrQwerty posted:

Lol

A dude I worked with had a "death in the family, my cousin who I was super close to" a couple days before Halloween, and they begrudgingly allowed him to have Halloween off.

He then posted a shitload of party pics on Facebook, forgetting that he was friends with 2 supes, including the one that let him off.

Never saw that guy again.

Social media makes you stupid.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Mokotow posted:

Not defending Texas but there are nearly 30 million people in that state and they're not even in the top ten states for rape per capita

(They're 14th - https://www.statista.com/statistics...%20inhabitants. )

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

PhazonLink posted:

maybe Stew can be like Swift and tell people to reg to vote and then pester them to actually vote.

You get it.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I was thinking about them Swift Boaters for Truth.

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

TulliusCicero posted:

I understand that people in this thread have made excellent nuanced points about why Donald J Trump was the perfect storm in 2016 for Olds and racists to latch onto based on his past, but I just want to re-iterate the main reason they still ALL say why they vote for him: "He thinks like we do, he's just like us, he says what we are all thinking"

They are just extremely racist and hate women and LGBTQ people. That's it. There is no secret code or algorithm of Businessman that they admire and respect, no policy they can point to, no grand agenda. He's just an old rich white racist mysognist pig gently caress just like them, and that's what they want, because they think THEY should be in charge. He's just a 215 pound mirror shooting their morbid reflections back at them. They just hate those groups and want to be able to openly say and do whatever they want.

This country is deeply racist and mysognist, we are loving built on it. Add to that the most narcissist generation of people in human history, combined with a bunch of misanthrope tech bro social darwinist bullshit and prosperity gospel grift for 40 loving years, and no real attempt to ever actually remove these fuckwits from actual power, and you have this: a bunch of extremely racist old and aging idiot men and women, whiteness personified regardless of actual background. No thoughts of others, no thoughts of the future, just tell me it's cool to hate the people I hate.

Like it's actually really simple: they just utterly suck as a group of human beings, and have been allowed to continue sucking for a long time because of white supremacy and mysoginy at the institutional level, because "being racist, homophobic, sexist" Pigs was to many just an unfortunate and sometimes humorous to them fact of their "kooky" relatives, and society didn't call them out and cast them out any near enough, so they got more and more bold till we have this now.

You can't appease a narcissist or compromise with them, because they don't even see that as an option: they win, you lose

Your relatives always sucked, he just let's them feel safe to say it out loud.
You’re way off and I don’t know how you honestly in good faith think he’s only two hundred and fifteen pounds.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

loving Moron posted:

I choose Bigfoot.

You're off to a good start. Have you considered including the Nephilim and Donald Trump for a little spice?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Pretty sure any and all republican measures to stop rape boils down to narrowing down the definition of rape to the point where it’s never technically enforceable.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Harald posted:

You're off to a good start. Have you considered including the Nephilim and Donald Trump for a little spice?
I spell it Nephalem because Diablo's lore is more believable.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

BigglesSWE posted:

Pretty sure any and all republican measures to stop rape boils down to narrowing down the definition of rape to the point where it’s never technically enforceable.

Yet the most rapes occur in Republican states. Except Florida, because for that state I imagine you're overwhelmingly correct.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

loving Moron posted:

I choose Bigfoot.

Wasn't there a politician that wrote Bigfoot erotica.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Internet Old One posted:

You’re way off and I don’t know how you honestly in good faith think he’s only two hundred and fifteen pounds.

:lol:

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
Donald “poo poo rear end” Trump lived in the White House and got haunted at by ghosts of former Presidents, and his dad.

He also wore some mashed ‘taters on he head

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Harald posted:

What dumb deluded bastard thinks Donald Trump is real?

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

nine-gear crow posted:

What dumb deluded bastard thinks Donald Trump is real?

*points up at an empty window*

He’s right there!

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Jelly posted:

I spell it Nephalem because Diablo's lore is more believable.

Then explain this.

[img]

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Dapper_Swindler posted:

whats funny is trumps kinda runnings clintons campaign now but way way dumber and more toxic.

Which is even funnier considering Trump donated to Bill Clinton’s campaign

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Shishkahuben posted:

It's Oklahoma and it isn't close.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Texas, Ohio or Florida

I don't want to wipe out any state, just erase a lot of lines, like the ones that separate wyoming, navanda , montana, the dakotas, Idaho, Arizona, the other three four-corner-states.

it''d be funny to watch them fight it out, only to just homogenize perfectly.

MadcapLaughs
Mar 17, 2007

Jon Stewart shaming congress to get the 9-11 first responders bill passed was p good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://x.com/JakeSherman/status/1750295162310349121?s=20