Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

WWE is cinema and, like all great cinema, it's best experienced in 30 second clips on twitter with captions like "can you BELIEVE this JUST HAPPENED".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Guillermus posted:

This idiot has almost 400k followers, amazing.

Given his engagement I'm going to assume they're mostly paid for or and/or bots.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Who is going to watch Godzilla vs Kong for the lore?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

For more about people wanting lore

https://x.com/bullyray5150/status/1750335685108572599?s=46

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

the jacks tattoo episode of lost was one of the best

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

A Fancy Hat posted:

WWE is cinema and, like all great cinema, it's best experienced in 30 second clips on twitter with captions like "can you BELIEVE this JUST HAPPENED".

maybe if aew had better booking and had actual stories in their matches, they could also leave the fox tv twitter account at a loss for words

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I know they're engagement farmers and I shouldn't get worked but I'm so mad at this

They tell an extremely easy to understand story - two friends were once so close they got matching tattoos, but now one has gone so far off the deep end the other is fighting to get her back using what bonded them in the first place - that a crowd of people in Savannah understood, but it's not good enough for Bully loving Ray I guess. Sorry they didn't cut a twenty minute long promo about beating up D-Von's family for racism reasons

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Who: Toni Storm and Deonna Purazzo
What: Matching tattoos
When: A long time ago
Where: Their calves, presumably in a tattoo shop
Why: They used to be friends

Wow, so hard

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

now im lolling imagining bully ray going to a wedding and getting mad that they just did their vows but didn't have any story

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

little munchkin posted:

maybe if aew had better booking and had actual stories in their matches, they could also leave the fox tv twitter account at a loss for words

It's so sad that Tony Khan is not a booker but merely a match maker :sigh:

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I love when they write these as if they’ve been in some ongoing dialogue with TK and not just tweeting to the void.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

fed fans prove the study correct every single day

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

How do people with Bully Ray's mindset handle any other type of entertainment? Are they screaming at reruns of Murder She Wrote to just reveal the murderer already and have Jessica Fletcher spend 20 minutes explaining every single detail to the viewer?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

What a loving dork.

As if anything else needed to be explained after Deonna basically saying “we used to be friends and we used to live together, remember our matching tattoos?” it’s not like there can’t be a follow up question in the next segment with one of them.

I know he’s just an idiot begging for attention, but how did these people handle something like the Marvel movies which were essentially endless sequels that left unanswered questions at the end of each movie so you’d come back to see the next one?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

How about the story of a fat guy in a tie-dyed shirt who had a bad stuttering gimmick and got hit on the head so much he became a racist misogynist who swore a lot.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I need to know the who what why when and where of big dick Dudley.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Throwing A Christmas Carol across the room in rage because Marley is dead to begin with and there's no buildup or storyline

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

A Fancy Hat posted:

How do people with Bully Ray's mindset handle any other type of entertainment? Are they screaming at reruns of Murder She Wrote to just reveal the murderer already and have Jessica Fletcher spend 20 minutes explaining every single detail to the viewer?

You probably know the answer already but it's because they decide on the conclusion ahead of time (whatever gets me the most engagement is the thing i sincerely believe), and rework reality to fit whatever take they already decided on before the show.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Warner Bros needs to greenlight a bunch of AEW spinoff miniseries right now in order to explain some things that need more detail NOW.

A 6 episode series detailing the friendship between Toni and Deonna where the final episode is a real-time recreation of them getting the tattoos.

A 12 episode maxi-series about the Young Bucks' mustaches.

"How Much Does that Guy Weigh?" - an ongoing series in which every new person showing up on AEW googles themselves for you, then steps on a scale.

The Lore of the Dark Order - Basically just BTDO but with a 5 million dollar per episode budget.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I desperately need to know where they got the tattoos and if the shop also did piercings and who the original artist of the artwork is. Did the tattoo artist draw it? Was it just printed from an existing image online? How did the healing process go? Did they use Vaseline or lotion or do a dry heal?

I don’t know how I’m expected to give a poo poo about this match until I know these things.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Me, watching Oppenheimer: "Okay but WHY is the United States so interested in having a bomb??!? Nolan you loving hack, you gotta tell us this stuff if you want me to be invested in the story!"

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Ganso Bomb posted:

I know he’s just an idiot begging for attention

it's all it is. the second you spend a single moment of time or energy on it youve lost.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

yea ok posted:

it's all it is. the second you spend a single moment of time or energy on it youve lost.

I dunno I think it rocks that he blocks people or sends baby responses because he's actually mad.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

A Fancy Hat posted:

The Lore of the Dark Order - Basically just BTDO but with a 5 million dollar per episode budget.

It's still just them hanging out backstage, but like Homer's fantasy of being rich on The Simpsons they're all significantly larger and covered in 14 karat gold

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

People who are legitimately like Bully Ray are why I've seen Bruce Wayne's parents repeatedly get murdered on film

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

I dunno I think it rocks that he blocks people or sends baby responses because he's actually mad.

Yeah bully ray probably puts more value on his time and attention than any given twitter rando does to their own

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Bully Ray angrily dragging a fan backstage for booing his girlfriend to explain the concept of competition to him

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Those who still can, do

Those who cannot anymore, bitch about the product on Twitter

Here I thought bubbyer ray deadly was the booker for house of hardcore, has he ever booked a successful wrestling company? Or is this just “I have a radio show and therefore need to fill airtime”?

I know he is looking for engagement on Twitter, but between the anti-AEW contingent of bubbyer, cornette, Russo, booker t, and Bischoff, there is like one person who is running a wrestling company in tyool 2024 and it’s attached to his school

Step the gently caress up and open a company, show us what real booking looks like, Bubbyer

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

projecthalaxy posted:

Bully Ray angrily dragging a fan backstage for booing his girlfriend to explain the concept of competition to him

Someone’s gotta let Bully Ray to just be a fan.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

A Fancy Hat posted:

Me, watching Oppenheimer: "Okay but WHY is the United States so interested in having a bomb??!? Nolan you loving hack, you gotta tell us this stuff if you want me to be invested in the story!"

Bully Ray throwing his bag of popcorn at the screen in 1993 because they never tell us if Tom Hanks was the top or bottom when he got HIV in Philadelphia

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

The Cameo posted:

Bully Ray throwing his bag of popcorn at the screen in 1993 because they never tell us if Tom Hanks was the top or bottom when he got HIV in Philadelphia

lol

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
The discourse for the next few days is gonna be super duper bad

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

rotinaj posted:

The discourse for the next few days is gonna be super duper bad

Regular reminder that according to the OP this thread is meant to be for dumb and incomprehensible and silly takes and tweets, not for genuinely offensive remarks or things that actually get you mad. People with gross opinions on this situation are not to be posted here.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Regular reminder that according to the OP this thread is meant to be for dumb and incomprehensible and silly takes and tweets, not for genuinely offensive remarks or things that actually get you mad. People with gross opinions on this situation are not to be posted here.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Thread regular WWE Garth has changed his profile picture to a black picture.

Edit: Jobber nation has taken a different approach

https://twitter.com/JobberNationTV/status/1750614918947340315?t=bU4OPHCGKqhkXY8Ksv5jUQ&s=19

Gonzo McFee fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jan 25, 2024

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

lol

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Gonzo McFee posted:

Thread regular WWE Garth has changed his profile picture to a black picture.

Stamford has fallen.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Oh no Swole, that was maybe the worst way to defend what you said.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Who was pretty?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Mr. Squishy posted:

Who was pretty?

The woman Vince McMahon sexually abused and trafficked