Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Philthy posted:

The border "issue" wont ever be solved. They blame Biden for it. Dems, centrists, and libertarians want it open and get people into the workforce, and Republicans want them deported because it just means every minority in the country is a blue vote. There wont ever be a solution for it.

Republicans also want the workforce, as long as they are a underclass. The undocumented migration “problem” could be “solved” tomorrow with meaningful enforcement on employers. This would also immediately upend several critical sectors of the economy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Casey DeSantis has such strong "I wish I wasn't from a small town" energy, real Sarah Palin self-loathing stuff.

Peter Falk
Sep 29, 2023

lmao what the gently caress is she doing

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Philthy posted:

Republicans want them deported because it just means every minority in the country is a blue vote.

Which isn't even remotely true

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

"Now that I let it be played and the jury watched it, I object to playing the video." -- a lawyer defending a former president of the US

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

MrQwerty posted:

When you're looking at minorities as a whole, it absolutely is. Democrats are the party of minorities, they always have been since the civil rights act.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

tek79 posted:

The best case scenario for Republicans "repealing and replacing" Obamacare as far as optics are concerned would be if they somehow just took the whole thing as-is and just shuffle some inconsequential thing around, barely even touch it, and then go full blitz on right-wing media claiming they've completely overhauled it and now it's the most bigly system in the world. Not saying that'd be good for everyone else, but that's all the Republicans would have because there isn't any fix for American healthcare that doesn't push our system much further left. There's really no in-between from what we had before the ACA. Republicans have absolutely nothing for healthcare reform and never will.

That's basically what they already did. They removed the individual mandate and gave up.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Random Stranger posted:

"Now that I let it be played and the jury watched it, I object to playing the video." -- a lawyer defending a former president of the US

Trump probably whispered that she should object because it makes the president (TRUMP) look bad

remember, she isn't good at lawyering and she isn't trying to be a good lawyer she's auditioning for Trump and doing exactly what Trump says which will ultimately make her an embarassing loser, which Trump will reject. much like his children

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1750541599501664293

https://twitter.com/eorden/status/1750541180285190204

:lol:

He is getting nailed.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

I'm wondering if she is just trying to get a bunch of OVER RULED's so Trump can bitch that the judge is walking all over his perfect defense.

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

MrQwerty posted:

Ya just under 10% of Texas's workforce is undocumented. If Abbot was really concerned he could start there.

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Why has the amount of border crossings increased so much.

I guess I don't have a high awareness if the political situations in central and south America but are there humanitarian crises leading to more refugees? Is it economically really bad right now?

Because just in general this seems like a period in time where people would least want to be in the USA, it sucks here right now especially for immigrants.

Is it just we are employing far more jackbooted thugs, or have blocked the border into choke points so the amount of immigration is not substantially different but the rate of encounters is a lot higher?

Didn’t want to let this just go. I’m on a phone right now, but the ringer put up a transcript segment from a podcast about this. I think it’s worth a listen based on the brief blip.

https://www.theringer.com/2024/1/19/24043768/world-on-fire-part-3-united-states-border-crisis-immigration-policy-asylum

I’m on a cell phone so I won’t get too much into it, but I think it highlights the general upheaval in the southern hemisphere right now that most Americans are ignorant too, and I think it also highlights how generally sheltered from global conflict Americans are in general. Shocker, I know.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1750544008147792198

Oh god please don't let Trump back out of testifying...

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

MEIN RAVEN posted:

I’m on a cell phone so I won’t get too much into it, but I think it highlights the general upheaval in the southern hemisphere right now that most Americans are ignorant too, and I think it also highlights how generally sheltered from global conflict Americans are in general. Shocker, I know.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Three Olives posted:

He's going to get riled up listening to all this poo poo and then go ballistic on the stand lol

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Please let Trump testify

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
A fat man walks in to his therapists office.
Man: Doctor, I am so sad. Sad! I have no more money left after losing bigly. I don’t even have enough money from my many, some say the highest many ever, supporters! I am nearly penniless and can’t get any more! Help me!
Doctor: Well that seems serious. Maybe you should cheer yourself up! I know a man who supposedly has a lot of money that he can loan to you. Might I suggest going to see Donald Trump?
Man: But doctor! I am Donald Trump!

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Three Olives posted:

https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1750544008147792198

The best memory of all time, some say.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Ringo Star Get posted:

A fat man walks in to his therapists office.
Man: Doctor, I am so sad. Sad! I have no more money left after losing bigly. I don’t even have enough money from my many, some say the highest many ever, supporters! I am nearly penniless and can’t get any more! Help me!
Doctor: Well that seems serious. Maybe you should cheer yourself up! I know a man who supposedly has a lot of money that he can loan to you. Might I suggest going to see Donald Trump?
Man: But doctor! I am Donald Trump!

Change fat to "morbidly obese" and you've got some fried gold.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Speedboat Jones posted:

A Ron campaign staffer muttering "Casey won't fly commerical..." as they cancel all ad buys in NH.

Casey Won't Fly Commercial sounds like some late era Weezer bullshit.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Is Trump going to testify in the E. CAROLL case?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

funeral home DJ posted:

I always kind of wondered if we could trick chuds into helping the planet and society by telling them that solar panels are only allowed to be installed on houses that have men with 7 inch or longer dicks. Hybrids are only sold to cisgendered men if they can bench press more than 250 lbs. The AR-15 is only available for sale if your doctor identifies that you have low testosterone and your balls are shriveled and unusable.

You don't actually test for these things, you just say it and let them figure it out.

I think it would work.

For example, there's a commerical on now for "Patriot Power" or some such, which is a solar powered generator to use for camping or when the power is out.... or when society collapses cuz of the LIBS.

Just put the word "Patriot" or "Freedom" in the title, or hell, if you really want the demographic, brand it with TRUMP. TRUMP BRAND SOLAR PANELS!!

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

MEIN RAVEN posted:

Didn’t want to let this just go. I’m on a phone right now, but the ringer put up a transcript segment from a podcast about this. I think it’s worth a listen based on the brief blip.

https://www.theringer.com/2024/1/19/24043768/world-on-fire-part-3-united-states-border-crisis-immigration-policy-asylum

podcast posting? really? mods? I thought we were better than this

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Hollismason posted:

Is Trump going to testify in the E. CAROLL case?

He's supposed to today, but he's chickened out the last few times he was supposed to testify

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hollismason posted:

Please let Trump testify

We demand the LOLS this will generate. Content for days!!

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Escape From Noise posted:

Casey Won't Fly Commercial sounds like some late era Weezer bullshit.

Or one of those early 2000s cheap comedy movies made for teenagers.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

Hollismason posted:

Please let Trump testify

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Trump testifying will be an omnishambles for pretty much everyone involved in the case but unparalleled content for the thread.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1750547626984915129

:lol: All of this is clearly to make sure Trump is very, very, very angry before he testifies.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Are all his lawyers there because from my understanding all his lawyers from the criminal cases were present for him to testify

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Not the biggest crisis on Earth but it's embarrassing that we're still applying social distancing criteria in TYOOL 2024, after it has been well established that COVID isn't limited to the kind of droplet transmission that social distancing is designed to mitigate. It certainly can't hurt, but the core issue for transmission is going to be the ventilation in the room if they are going to be seated there for a while and staying 6 feet apart is more of a performative gesture.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'd like to imagine Trump demanding to testify, his lawyers try and stop him, but he won't have it, he's gonna testify!

And Judge Kaplan sitting high above watching, amused.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

kw0134 posted:

Trump testifying will be an omnishambles for pretty much everyone involved in the case but unparalleled content for the thread.

And really, that is all we want here.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:hmbol:

"Why yes this woman I raped looks like my ex wife, who I am not attracted to in any way"

Holy poo poo he's nailing his own coffin from the inside

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Alright imma go ahead and say that he's not going to testify because ultimately he's a coward. I will be surprised if it happens

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Republicans also want the workforce, as long as they are a underclass. The undocumented migration “problem” could be “solved” tomorrow with meaningful enforcement on employers. This would also immediately upend several critical sectors of the economy.

Republicans are trying to solve the workforce issue by just having grade and high schoolers work up to 30 hours a week

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

I mean, it will be funny to see him testify, but remember that it may well be extremely upsetting for Carroll to see her rapist standing up in front of her and spouting his usual lies and denials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

I'd love to hear him try and explain what an NFT is.